New Gretchen Peters Album; Willie Nelson to Agricultural Hall of Fame; Bucky Covington Accused of Theft
- Hello Cruel World, Gretchen Peters’ first solo record in four years, will be released in early 2012. The album features a duet with Rodney Crowell and guest appearances by Kim Richey, Viktor Krauss, and Will Kimbrough. It contains 11 original songs written by Peters, including collaborations with Matraca Berg, Suzy Bogguss, and Tom Russell.
- Sara Evans’ custody battle with her ex somehow involves Kenny Chesney’s genitals. (Apologies if any of you are now picturing said Kenitalia.)
- TMZ reports that Bucky Covington has been accused of stealing $1,500 from a concert promoter during a July 4th show. An investigation is ongoing.
- Jason Boland & The Stragglers have a new album, Rancho Alto, coming out October 4.
- Joey + Rory will be releasing A Farmhouse Christmas on October 11. Merle Haggard will guest on their version of “If We Make It Through December.”
- Chris Parton did a solid interview with Nick 13 about his self-titled country record.
- Help Stephen Parry with his documentary The Hayloft Gang: The Story of the National Barn Dance. At least watch the trailer.
- Colt Ford and special guests Rhett Akins, Jason Aldean, Dallas Davidson, Mike Dekel, Edwin McCain, and James Otto are playing a benefit show on Tuesday, August 16 in Athens, GA. Proceeds go to the family of deceased police officer Elmer “Buddy” Christian and injured officer Tony Howard.
- Charlie Cushman has left Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper to focus on his banjo setup business.
- Guitarist and Fabulous Superlative Kenny Vaughan will be releasing solo debut V on September 13.
- Willie Nelson will be inducted into the Agricultural Hall of Fame next month.
- Album Releases
Jason Michael Carroll — Numbers (a Cracker Barrel exclusive)
- If the Preservation Hall Jazz Band/Del McCoury Band performance on Letterman last week was past your bedtime, check it out now.
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.