New Gretchen Peters Album; Willie Nelson to Agricultural Hall of Fame; Bucky Covington Accused of Theft
- Hello Cruel World, Gretchen Peters’ first solo record in four years, will be released in early 2012. The album features a duet with Rodney Crowell and guest appearances by Kim Richey, Viktor Krauss, and Will Kimbrough. It contains 11 original songs written by Peters, including collaborations with Matraca Berg, Suzy Bogguss, and Tom Russell.
- Sara Evans’ custody battle with her ex somehow involves Kenny Chesney’s genitals. (Apologies if any of you are now picturing said Kenitalia.)
- TMZ reports that Bucky Covington has been accused of stealing $1,500 from a concert promoter during a July 4th show. An investigation is ongoing.
- Jason Boland & The Stragglers have a new album, Rancho Alto, coming out October 4.
- Joey + Rory will be releasing A Farmhouse Christmas on October 11. Merle Haggard will guest on their version of “If We Make It Through December.”
- Chris Parton did a solid interview with Nick 13 about his self-titled country record.
- Help Stephen Parry with his documentary The Hayloft Gang: The Story of the National Barn Dance. At least watch the trailer.
- Colt Ford and special guests Rhett Akins, Jason Aldean, Dallas Davidson, Mike Dekel, Edwin McCain, and James Otto are playing a benefit show on Tuesday, August 16 in Athens, GA. Proceeds go to the family of deceased police officer Elmer “Buddy” Christian and injured officer Tony Howard.
- Charlie Cushman has left Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper to focus on his banjo setup business.
- Guitarist and Fabulous Superlative Kenny Vaughan will be releasing solo debut V on September 13.
- Willie Nelson will be inducted into the Agricultural Hall of Fame next month.
- Album Releases
Jason Michael Carroll — Numbers (a Cracker Barrel exclusive)
- If the Preservation Hall Jazz Band/Del McCoury Band performance on Letterman last week was past your bedtime, check it out now.
- Jack Pliskin: Oh it's good to hear some real country music being made in this day and age. Don Williams is simply a …
- darol anger: This band is not one you're likely to hear out on the fester or club circuit. It's a rare and …
- Livewire: So that's the interview Best listen to the album and decide for yourself. It was slated in UK's Country Music People Magazine A …
- Stormy: A little more glam rock than New Wave, but here is Kenneth Brian covering David Bowie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJhfD77QOLY
- Jack Williams: Forgot this one: Richard Thompson - Tempted (Squeeze)
- Donald: But, Hurt isn't a new wave song. On the other hand, Lydia Loveless covering "They Don't Know," written and performed …
- luckyoldsun: Isn't "Hurt" the key Johnny Cash selection in this motif?--That's the song that made the big impact, with the award-winning …
- Henry: Goes the other way, tool, with the late great Alex Chilton--during a Punk period for him--singing "D-I-V-O-R-C-E" on "Electricity by …
- Jack Williams: Drive-By Truckers - People Who Died (Jim Carroll) Dwight Yoakam - Train In Vain (The Clash) Los Lobos - Uncomplicated (Elvis Costello)
- Juli Thanki: Also, The Meat Purveyors recorded The Human League's "Don't You Want Me" for Someday Soon Things Will Be Much Worse: …