New Gretchen Peters Album; Willie Nelson to Agricultural Hall of Fame; Bucky Covington Accused of Theft
- Hello Cruel World, Gretchen Peters’ first solo record in four years, will be released in early 2012. The album features a duet with Rodney Crowell and guest appearances by Kim Richey, Viktor Krauss, and Will Kimbrough. It contains 11 original songs written by Peters, including collaborations with Matraca Berg, Suzy Bogguss, and Tom Russell.
- Sara Evans’ custody battle with her ex somehow involves Kenny Chesney’s genitals. (Apologies if any of you are now picturing said Kenitalia.)
- TMZ reports that Bucky Covington has been accused of stealing $1,500 from a concert promoter during a July 4th show. An investigation is ongoing.
- Jason Boland & The Stragglers have a new album, Rancho Alto, coming out October 4.
- Joey + Rory will be releasing A Farmhouse Christmas on October 11. Merle Haggard will guest on their version of “If We Make It Through December.”
- Chris Parton did a solid interview with Nick 13 about his self-titled country record.
- Help Stephen Parry with his documentary The Hayloft Gang: The Story of the National Barn Dance. At least watch the trailer.
- Colt Ford and special guests Rhett Akins, Jason Aldean, Dallas Davidson, Mike Dekel, Edwin McCain, and James Otto are playing a benefit show on Tuesday, August 16 in Athens, GA. Proceeds go to the family of deceased police officer Elmer “Buddy” Christian and injured officer Tony Howard.
- Charlie Cushman has left Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper to focus on his banjo setup business.
- Guitarist and Fabulous Superlative Kenny Vaughan will be releasing solo debut V on September 13.
- Willie Nelson will be inducted into the Agricultural Hall of Fame next month.
- Album Releases
Jason Michael Carroll — Numbers (a Cracker Barrel exclusive)
- If the Preservation Hall Jazz Band/Del McCoury Band performance on Letterman last week was past your bedtime, check it out now.
- luckyoldsun: If they're only allowed one modern inductee per year in the H-o-F, then there's a backlog developing. You have Skaggs, …
- Leeann Ward: I'm not an ETC fan, but I do love "Brotherly Love" with Keith Whitley.
- luckyoldsun: It's got to be "What I'd Say." (I think that's the title.) There was some question, I believe, over whether …
- Paul W Dennis: probably "Nobody Falls Like A Fool" or "Silent Treatment"
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Where in heck's name is "That Was A Close One"?!?!? It's the guy's best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrR_2rXiKA0
- Cody: Love seeing ETC getting some credit! My five, in no particular order at first; Crowd Around the Corner Home So Fine I Have …
- Juli Thanki: I think it's technically a Keith Whitley song, but I've always been fond of his duet with ETC, "Brotherly Love."
- luckyoldsun: Lots of very good artists have not had anywhere near the radio play and hits that Lee Ann Womack has …
- Hard Times: Just read Jewly Hight's feature on Womack. I couldn't believe Womack has had only a half dozen or so Top …
- Barry Mazor: Leeann, Im not surprised about your sister's response--or that, for many, Garth Brooks now equals the ancient days of country …