New Album Releases; Miranda’s New Song; Gillian Welch and David Rawlings’ Fresh Air Interview
- Congratulations to Wade, who won our Donna Ulisse CD giveaway! Wade, keep your eyes posted for an email.
- News from Rosanne Cash, via Twitter: Stop tweeting me. I have to go to work. I have to have all songs written by end of August to begin recording in October. #IBuriedTheLede
- Barry Mazor on Rodney Crowell in the Wall Street Journal.
- Tedeschi Trucks Band will be performing on Conan tonight. They’re also offering signed copies of Revelator to fans through a contest via their website.
- The Preservation Hall Jazz Band and Del McCoury Band are performing on The Late Show with David Letterman tonight.
- A fantastic interview with Emmylou Harris at the AV Club.
- Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper stopped by to play some tunes at the WAMU Bluegrass Country studios in Washington, DC.
- Gillian Welch and David Rawlings stopped by WHYY to chat with Terry Gross.
- Toby Keith ain’t happy, and you can profit.
- The Dixie Chicks are helping protect fans from scalping and other shady ticket sales practices.
- Glen Campbell performed his first show since announcing his Alzheimer’s diagnosis.
- Miranda Lambert offered fans a sneak peek of a new song at one of her shows.
- Lady Antebellum revealed the cover and track listing of upcoming album Own the Night, out September 13.
- Jim Mills talks about the banjo on yesterday’s BBC Americana podcast “Manufacturing in the US.”
- What are your thoughts on Spotify?
- New releases:
Suzy Bogguss — American Folk Songbook (a Cracker Barrel exclusive)
- Tom: ...it is almost the year 2015 - ain't it about time we leave people (celebrities included) having the personal relations …
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …