New Album Releases; Miranda’s New Song; Gillian Welch and David Rawlings’ Fresh Air Interview
- Congratulations to Wade, who won our Donna Ulisse CD giveaway! Wade, keep your eyes posted for an email.
- News from Rosanne Cash, via Twitter: Stop tweeting me. I have to go to work. I have to have all songs written by end of August to begin recording in October. #IBuriedTheLede
- Barry Mazor on Rodney Crowell in the Wall Street Journal.
- Tedeschi Trucks Band will be performing on Conan tonight. They’re also offering signed copies of Revelator to fans through a contest via their website.
- The Preservation Hall Jazz Band and Del McCoury Band are performing on The Late Show with David Letterman tonight.
- A fantastic interview with Emmylou Harris at the AV Club.
- Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper stopped by to play some tunes at the WAMU Bluegrass Country studios in Washington, DC.
- Gillian Welch and David Rawlings stopped by WHYY to chat with Terry Gross.
- Toby Keith ain’t happy, and you can profit.
- The Dixie Chicks are helping protect fans from scalping and other shady ticket sales practices.
- Glen Campbell performed his first show since announcing his Alzheimer’s diagnosis.
- Miranda Lambert offered fans a sneak peek of a new song at one of her shows.
- Lady Antebellum revealed the cover and track listing of upcoming album Own the Night, out September 13.
- Jim Mills talks about the banjo on yesterday’s BBC Americana podcast “Manufacturing in the US.”
- What are your thoughts on Spotify?
- New releases:
Suzy Bogguss — American Folk Songbook (a Cracker Barrel exclusive)
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …