New Album Releases; Miranda’s New Song; Gillian Welch and David Rawlings’ Fresh Air Interview
- Congratulations to Wade, who won our Donna Ulisse CD giveaway! Wade, keep your eyes posted for an email.
- News from Rosanne Cash, via Twitter: Stop tweeting me. I have to go to work. I have to have all songs written by end of August to begin recording in October. #IBuriedTheLede
- Barry Mazor on Rodney Crowell in the Wall Street Journal.
- Tedeschi Trucks Band will be performing on Conan tonight. They’re also offering signed copies of Revelator to fans through a contest via their website.
- The Preservation Hall Jazz Band and Del McCoury Band are performing on The Late Show with David Letterman tonight.
- A fantastic interview with Emmylou Harris at the AV Club.
- Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper stopped by to play some tunes at the WAMU Bluegrass Country studios in Washington, DC.
- Gillian Welch and David Rawlings stopped by WHYY to chat with Terry Gross.
- Toby Keith ain’t happy, and you can profit.
- The Dixie Chicks are helping protect fans from scalping and other shady ticket sales practices.
- Glen Campbell performed his first show since announcing his Alzheimer’s diagnosis.
- Miranda Lambert offered fans a sneak peek of a new song at one of her shows.
- Lady Antebellum revealed the cover and track listing of upcoming album Own the Night, out September 13.
- Jim Mills talks about the banjo on yesterday’s BBC Americana podcast “Manufacturing in the US.”
- What are your thoughts on Spotify?
- New releases:
Suzy Bogguss — American Folk Songbook (a Cracker Barrel exclusive)
- Matt: Wow! Great topic! Just by typing Dylan in my itunes then sorting by most plays.... 1. "Maggie's Farm" - Stephen Malkmus ...
- bll: I'm happy to hear that Ronnie Dunn and Garth are going to do something together; they go way back, and ...
- Luckyoldsun: Jon, I think you should try re-watching the Conan video--you "missed" it the first time. If I may give my interpretation, ...
- BRUCE: Toby's generosity and philanthropic work is very expansive. His USO tours plus other works deserves praise, though I an sure ...
- Luckyoldsun: Arlene, That's another big one.
- Fervor Coulee: Sometimes I really think I live in a Stephen King bubble-town: 12 weeks at number one, and I've never heard ...
- bll: Nice roundup today, Trisha singing and Jen Chapin too!
- Paul W Dennis: I guess my favorite would be George Hamilton IV's version of "Forever Young" and The Byrd's cover of Mr. Tambourine ...
- Jack Williams: Speaking of Chris Smither, he did a nice version of Visions of Johanna. Other favorites: Neville Brothers - The Ballad of Hollis ...
- Leeann Ward: I think benefit concerts and telethons are great and needed, but I'm also impressed by Underwood's generous donation.