New Album Releases; Miranda’s New Song; Gillian Welch and David Rawlings’ Fresh Air Interview
- Congratulations to Wade, who won our Donna Ulisse CD giveaway! Wade, keep your eyes posted for an email.
- News from Rosanne Cash, via Twitter: Stop tweeting me. I have to go to work. I have to have all songs written by end of August to begin recording in October. #IBuriedTheLede
- Barry Mazor on Rodney Crowell in the Wall Street Journal.
- Tedeschi Trucks Band will be performing on Conan tonight. They’re also offering signed copies of Revelator to fans through a contest via their website.
- The Preservation Hall Jazz Band and Del McCoury Band are performing on The Late Show with David Letterman tonight.
- A fantastic interview with Emmylou Harris at the AV Club.
- Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper stopped by to play some tunes at the WAMU Bluegrass Country studios in Washington, DC.
- Gillian Welch and David Rawlings stopped by WHYY to chat with Terry Gross.
- Toby Keith ain’t happy, and you can profit.
- The Dixie Chicks are helping protect fans from scalping and other shady ticket sales practices.
- Glen Campbell performed his first show since announcing his Alzheimer’s diagnosis.
- Miranda Lambert offered fans a sneak peek of a new song at one of her shows.
- Lady Antebellum revealed the cover and track listing of upcoming album Own the Night, out September 13.
- Jim Mills talks about the banjo on yesterday’s BBC Americana podcast “Manufacturing in the US.”
- What are your thoughts on Spotify?
- New releases:
Suzy Bogguss — American Folk Songbook (a Cracker Barrel exclusive)
- luckyoldsun: Jim Z-- I get the feeling Barry was this close to calling you what Kinky Friedman called his guy from El …
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim. The record's more or less out of Austin. But I'm sure they're also good in El Paso...