New Album Releases; Miranda’s New Song; Gillian Welch and David Rawlings’ Fresh Air Interview
- Congratulations to Wade, who won our Donna Ulisse CD giveaway! Wade, keep your eyes posted for an email.
- News from Rosanne Cash, via Twitter: Stop tweeting me. I have to go to work. I have to have all songs written by end of August to begin recording in October. #IBuriedTheLede
- Barry Mazor on Rodney Crowell in the Wall Street Journal.
- Tedeschi Trucks Band will be performing on Conan tonight. They’re also offering signed copies of Revelator to fans through a contest via their website.
- The Preservation Hall Jazz Band and Del McCoury Band are performing on The Late Show with David Letterman tonight.
- A fantastic interview with Emmylou Harris at the AV Club.
- Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper stopped by to play some tunes at the WAMU Bluegrass Country studios in Washington, DC.
- Gillian Welch and David Rawlings stopped by WHYY to chat with Terry Gross.
- Toby Keith ain’t happy, and you can profit.
- The Dixie Chicks are helping protect fans from scalping and other shady ticket sales practices.
- Glen Campbell performed his first show since announcing his Alzheimer’s diagnosis.
- Miranda Lambert offered fans a sneak peek of a new song at one of her shows.
- Lady Antebellum revealed the cover and track listing of upcoming album Own the Night, out September 13.
- Jim Mills talks about the banjo on yesterday’s BBC Americana podcast “Manufacturing in the US.”
- What are your thoughts on Spotify?
- New releases:
Suzy Bogguss — American Folk Songbook (a Cracker Barrel exclusive)
- bob: Enjoyed the articles on the story behind "When She Cries" and the dearth of women on Canadian Country radio. Thanks. …
- Saving Country Music: Everything that came out in Friday's assessment of Studio 'A' by the developer was stuff we already knew. The only …
- bob: Thanks Barry. Just reserved the Adam Gussow book. Sounds interesting.
- Barry Mazor: It may be over-stated, in arriving at practically a single explanation of everything, but Adam Gussow's book on lynching and …
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …