MySpace Signs Country Artist; Johnny Cash Graphic Novel; Gary Floater Harnesses YouTube
- MySpace Records Artist Development signed its first country artist, KJ Testin (MySpace). (via Nashville Gab)
- Rosanne Cash will be the subject of the Americana Music Association’s Festival and Conference 2009 Keynote Interview.
- Mallary Hope‘s “Love Lives On” is the iTunes free single of the week. (iTunes)
- Country Haiku:
Big Bad John has died
This is why we need OSHA
This mine is not safe
- Abrams ComicArts will introduce Johnny Cash: I See a Darkness, a new comic book/graphic novel based on the life of Johnny Cash, in November.
- 20 Questions with Wayne Hancock
- Big D and Bubba from Nashville’s WSIX set Jake Owen‘s brother up with a date. Talk about awkward.
- Former Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach, and the second-season winner of Gone Country, is going country. (via ninebullets.net)
- Drawing 50 banjos.
- With Reba McEntire’s new “Keep On Loving You” perched atop the Billboard 200, country music claims the top spot for the third week in a row. Despite multiple appearance at the top of the country charts, this is only the second time McEntire has scored a No. 1 on Billboard’s main chart.
- Edd Hurt profiled Paul Burch, who plays at The Basement in Nashville tonight, for Nashville Scene and coincidentally, Music Fog posted video of Burch performing “Montreal.”
- Country California may or may not have the inside scoop on Shania Twain‘s much anticipated announcement:
Five years after her collaboration with then-newcomer Billy Currington resulted in her last top ten single, Twain recently headed into the studio with up-and-comers Love & Theft, whose fresh-faced three-part harmony is sweeping the nation on the heels of their Tuesday album release, to remake the song as “Party for Four.” The move has Nashville insiders buzzing.
- New blog alert: Sounds Country
- Jacksonville’s country station WQIK is giving away a Wurlitzer jukebox, an autographed George Strait box set of Strait Out of the Box, and Strait’s catalog.
- The Gary Floater story made its way to YouTube!
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.