MySpace Signs Country Artist; Johnny Cash Graphic Novel; Gary Floater Harnesses YouTube
- MySpace Records Artist Development signed its first country artist, KJ Testin (MySpace). (via Nashville Gab)
- Rosanne Cash will be the subject of the Americana Music Association’s Festival and Conference 2009 Keynote Interview.
- Mallary Hope‘s “Love Lives On” is the iTunes free single of the week. (iTunes)
- Country Haiku:
Big Bad John has died
This is why we need OSHA
This mine is not safe
- Abrams ComicArts will introduce Johnny Cash: I See a Darkness, a new comic book/graphic novel based on the life of Johnny Cash, in November.
- 20 Questions with Wayne Hancock
- Big D and Bubba from Nashville’s WSIX set Jake Owen‘s brother up with a date. Talk about awkward.
- Former Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach, and the second-season winner of Gone Country, is going country. (via ninebullets.net)
- Drawing 50 banjos.
- With Reba McEntire’s new “Keep On Loving You” perched atop the Billboard 200, country music claims the top spot for the third week in a row. Despite multiple appearance at the top of the country charts, this is only the second time McEntire has scored a No. 1 on Billboard’s main chart.
- Edd Hurt profiled Paul Burch, who plays at The Basement in Nashville tonight, for Nashville Scene and coincidentally, Music Fog posted video of Burch performing “Montreal.”
- Country California may or may not have the inside scoop on Shania Twain‘s much anticipated announcement:
Five years after her collaboration with then-newcomer Billy Currington resulted in her last top ten single, Twain recently headed into the studio with up-and-comers Love & Theft, whose fresh-faced three-part harmony is sweeping the nation on the heels of their Tuesday album release, to remake the song as “Party for Four.” The move has Nashville insiders buzzing.
- New blog alert: Sounds Country
- Jacksonville’s country station WQIK is giving away a Wurlitzer jukebox, an autographed George Strait box set of Strait Out of the Box, and Strait’s catalog.
- The Gary Floater story made its way to YouTube!
- Paul W Dennis: This album is next on my must-acquire list. I remember listening to Mac on the WWVA Big Jamboree in the …
- Paul W Dennis: I don't usually agree with Luckyoldsun but he's right - "Girl In A Country Song" reeks. On the other …
- andythedrifter: "It Sure Can Get Cold In Des Moines"
- Donald: LOS, I need to second your mention of Ballad of Forty Dollars.
- Paul W Dennis: Best wishes for Jim Ed Brown - there's very few left from his generation of country singers John Morthland's article on …
- Paul W Dennis: That looks like Harold Morrison playing the dobro behind Jeannie C Riley on "Harper Valley PTA"
- luckyoldsun: Got to go with "The Ballad of Forty Dollars." Funny, if you saw the title and started listening to that song …
- Randy Prewitt: I would have to say my favorite Tom T.Hall song is "The Day Clayton Delaney Died.He has so many great …
- KathyP: "Faster Horses." Which reminds me I need to add it to my digital library.
- Leeann Ward: "Me and Jesus" and "Harper Valley PTA" are my favorites, I think. But I agree with Paul that it's not …