Musicians Hall of Fame & Museum to Reopen Aug. 29; Lindi Ortega Debuts New Song; Album Releases
- Read an excerpt from Ricky Skaggs’ new memoir, Kentucky Traveler.
- George Strait is on the cover of the new Billboard.
- On August 29, the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum will reopen in its new location: Nashville’s Historic Municipal Auditorium.
- Check out this week’s Quotable Country.
- CMT.com posted an interview with Charlie Worsham.
- Chris Parton of CMT reviewed Jason Isbell’s recent sold-out show at the Ryman.
- Stream the title track to Lindi Ortega’s next album, Tin Star (out October 8).
- Wrapped in Red, Kelly Clarkson’s Christmas album, will be released October 29.
- Stream Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers’ new, self-titled album before its official release next week. Neko Case’s The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You and selections from Bob Dylan’s Another Self Portrait are streaming on NPR.
- Brian T. Atkinson of CMT Edge interviewed Kym Warner of The Greencards about the band’s new record.
- This YouTube video of a “Jolene” 45 being played at 33rpm has been around for more than a year, but it’s recently gone viral. Dolly Parton rules at any speed.
- There’s an interview with Kenny Rogers posted on The Boston Globe website.
- Corey Hensley has left Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver. No word yet on who’ll replace him as the band’s bassist.
- The nominees for the 2013 Inspirational Country Music Awards were announced. The winners will be revealed October 24.
- Chris Young was released from the hospital after undergoing surgery for a leg infection.
- Shania Twain’s working on new music and looking for a producer.
- American Primitive guitarist William Tyler was featured on NPR.
- Jazz singer Kellye Gray gets in touch with her Texas roots on And, They Call Us Cowboys (out September 17). Here’s her take on Kris Kristofferson’s “Help Me Make It Through the Night.”
- Get a sneak peek at forthcoming albums from Brian Wright and Steep Canyon Rangers. Both records will be released September 10.
- Kye Fleming, co-writer of “I Was Country When Country Wasn’t Cool,” talks about that tune in the new edition of Story Behind the Song.
- This week’s album releases (thanks for buying your music through our affiliate links; it doesn’t cost you extra, but helps us keep the lights on):
Charlie Worsham – Rubberband
Tim Easton – Not Cool
Willie Sugarcapps – Willie Sugarcapps
Ricky Skaggs & Bruce Hornsby – Cluck Ol’ Hen
The Greencards – Sweetheart of the Sun
Terry Baucom – Never Thought of Looking Back
Tracy Lawrence – Headlights, Taillights and Radios
Kim Lenz & The Jaguars – Follow Me
Tedeschi Trucks Band – Made Up Mind
Henhouse Prowlers – Breaking Ground (out 8/24)
Ben Rector – The Walking in Between
Jimmy Buffett – Songs from St. Somewhere
Pete Huttlinger – McGuire’s Landing
The Hickoids – Hairy Chafin’ Ape Suit
The Horse’s Ha – Waterdrawn
Brandon Rhyder – That’s Just Me
The Staple Singers featuring Mavis Staples – This Time Around (remastered, first time on CD)
Various Artists – The Big E: A Salute to Steel Guitarist Buddy Emmons
Various Artists – Black Smoke: Gems from the Starday Vaults 1961-1962
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!
- bob: Good day with news of PrizeFighter Trisha and Drunken Martina.
- John Fuller: Oh yeah!! Crispy sweet!
- Rick Mifflin: Sublime
- Leeann: Very nice!
- luckyoldsun: Paul, Good info. It's pretty disgraceful that Billboard editors can't even get musical history remotely right regarding even their own publication. The …
- Juli Thanki: Yep, I'll be there. Looking forward to it!