Misheard Lyrics: Oh, Is That What He Said?
Sometimes it’s hard to understand certain lyrics and what you hear may not be what the artist actually sang (or maybe you heard right and they’re just fooling everyone in the liner notes.) Someone I know, who shall remain nameless, thought a particular song said something about dust on the Bible, I’ll leave it to you to figure out which song. In another instance, I grew up thinking Tracy Lawrence was singing something about how he’ll “have room for you” insead of “hang the moon for you” in the song “Stars Over Texas.” And in yet another case, a group of lawyers I know somehow turned “faded love” into “perforated love.” They must have specialized in making divorces easier or somethin’. Anyways, leave a comment and let us know what lyrics you or “a friend” didn’t hear quite right. The funnier, the better.
- Elizabeth Linder: I love sitting by a bond fire with my husband making s'mores and drinking hot chocolate.
- Jeremy Dylan: One might say that a good way to pay tribute to RCA Studio a would be to not demolish it …
- willard willams: Oct. 10, as that is our wedding anniversary. Will be 50 years and I still remember.
- Both Kinds of Music: What an excellent team-up.
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.