Miranda’s Platinum Gets Release Date; “Country Roads” Named West Virginia’s State Song; New Music Videos
- Mark your calendars. Miranda Lambert’s new album, Platinum, will be released on June 3. Take a peek at the cover art.
- Jason Michael Carroll has launched a new Kickstarter campaign to fund his upcoming fourth album.
- Bluegrass songstress Becky Schlegel will celebrate the release of her new album, Opry Lullaby, with a record release show in Albert Lea, Minnesota, on March 28. (I’ve heard the title track and it’s a killer.)
- Marty Stuart will be releasing a new collection of gospel songs appropriately called The Gospel Songs of Marty Stuart on April 15.
- When our friend Stephen Deusner recommends ten Americana albums coming out this spring, you should take notice.
- Grand Ole Opry historian Byron Fay says Jean Shepard’s autobiography will be released on April 15.
- The Tennessean’s Cindy Watts looked at Kix Brooks’ new film, Ambush at Dark Canyon.
- Holly Dunn is the March spotlight artist at My Kind of Country. (I interviewed the now-retired artist a little while back.)
- John Denver’s “Take Me Home, Country Roads” became an official West Virginia state song.
- The engaging C.M. Wilcox has a new Quotable Country column up over at CountryCalifornia.com.
- Lady Antebellum are going to be honored with the Recording Artists’ Coalition Award next month.
- Tony Rice benefit events will be held in Nashville and Connecticut in the next few weeks.
- Hunter Hayes will unveil his music video for “Invisible” on Good Morning America this Wednesday.
- The bluegrass duo Feller and Hill will release their Blue Circle Records release Here Comes Feller and Hill… Again!!! on March 25. (via press release)
- New music videos and live performances from the past week or so:
The Iveys – “Jenna’s Song”
Amy Rola – “I Wish I Was Her”
Don Williams – “I’ll Be Here in the Morning”
Brett Kissel – “3-2-1”
Jess Taylor – “Do You Feel It Too?”
Jason Blaine – “Friends of Mine”
Ashleigh Dallas – “Sail Away”
Dierks Bentley and OneRepublic – “Counting Stars”
Eli Young Band – “Dust”
Eric Church – “A Man Who Was Gonna Die Young”
Danielle Bradbery – “My Day”
Steep Canyon Rangers – “Stand and Deliver”
Natalie Stovall & The Drive – “Baby, Come On With It”
Sarah Jarosz – “Build Me Up from Bones”
Arielle – “California”
Florida Georgia Line (featuring Luke Bryan) – “This is How We Roll”
Josh Thompson – “Cold Beer with Your Name on It”
Nu-Blu – “Trains I Didn’t Take”
Susan Toney – “The Trail of Light and Dark”
Leyla McCalla – “Heart of Gold”
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.