Miranda Lambert Releases “Dead Flowers” To Digital Outlets
- Miranda Lambert‘s “Dead Flowers” is now available on iTunes and Amazon for the new and improved price of $1.29.
- NPR’s World Cafe has an audio interview with Jamey Johnson along with performances of “High Cost of Living,” “In Color,” “That Lonesome Song” and a web-only outtake of “Nothing Is Better Than You.”
- Via Rodney Hayden‘s newsletter:
The New American Voices Tour with Drew Kennedy has been going great. If you get a chance make sure and come out and catch a show. Remember to check www.americanvoicestour.com We’ll be heading to Europe in August and will be doing a west coast run in September it looks like. We’re still booking shows so let us know if there is a certain venue that we should visit (that would be good for an acoustic show) or if you’d be interested in hosting a house concert.
Meanwhile, if you live in the Central Texas area, there are shows scheduled for New Braunfels tonight, Fredericksburg tomorrow and Austin next week.
- As part of CMT coverage for Bluegrass Month, Edward Morris listed ten of Alison Krauss‘ videos, which he dubs “understated triumphs.”
- The Bluegrass Blog on the new Alecia Nugent album, Hillbilly Goddess:
Every song is a gem and Alecia sings with authority, passion and grace. The production and arrangements (as per other Carl Jackson-related releases) owe much to the way modern country music is recorded. For instance, there are two acoustic guitar tracks on almost every song (Tim Stafford and Andy Falco) and subtle percussion is also found throughout.
- The taping of Austin City Limits with Kenny Chesney was filmed Tuesday night and is planned to air early this fall. The show featured Mac McAnally as a special guest and the first public performances of “Boats” and “Somewhere In The Sun.”
- The Austin Chronicle‘s Jim Caligiuri recalled the first time he met Stephen Bruton.
- Wade Bowen is a Texan through and through, but don’t label him a Texas-country singer.
“I am proud of Texas, and I’m proud of growing up here. But I really stress to people that I’m not a ‘Texas artist,’ ” says Bowen, calling from a tour stop in Lake Charles, La. “I’m an artist from Texas.
“I really want my music to be beyond that realm. So many people want to draw boundary lines. I think there’s a way to do it all and to stay true to yourself and to reach the entire country, the entire world, eventually. That’s the goal.”
- Rumor has it that a second edition of Chris Knight‘s The Trailer Tapes will be released on September 1, and will include fan favorites like “It Ain’t Easy Being Me,” “The River’s Own” and “Love And A .45″ along with four bonus tracks.
- Front Line Management acquired Dale Morris & Associates, home of Cowboy Troy, oh, and Kenny Chesney. Morris & Associates has been Chesney’s only management company since 1993 and his move to Front Line comes in the wake of Tim McGraw‘s move from Front Line to Red Light Management.
- Lee Ann Womack answered five questions for Detroit Free Press.
Young people tend to drive music sales, and right now they’re giving a lot of love to young acts like Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood. At this stage of your career, what’s your target audience?
My audience is people who like country music — real country music. I’ve always done a mixture of different kinds of music. It’s not all twin fiddles and steel guitars, but that’s my favorite. You can bet I’ll never stop doing it because I can’t. I couldn’t if I wanted to. It’s too much a part of me. If I’m not going to get to do that, I might as well go sell real estate.
- Dolly Parton released a new children’s book today titled I Am a Rainbow.
- In the second installment of Anya Hinkle‘s behind-the-scenes feature for BluegrassJournal.com, she provided a neat glimpse of how recording in the studio worked for her band, Dehlia Low. (Incoming)
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.