Miranda Lambert Learns the Art of Subtlety; Dang Dang Dang; Alan Jackson Likes Bologna
- DETAILS magazine has a brief Q&A with Miranda Lambert.
Q: Is anyone at risk on your new album?
A: There’s a couple, but it’s subtler. I’ve moved from that crazy girl to someone a little wiser. I kill them a little more softly this time around.
- Don’t forget your free priority tickets to the Darius Rucker show on Monday!
- In a June interview with Music Row, songwriter Bobby Braddock reveals that Kenny Chesney cut “People Are Crazy” before Billy Currington got a hold of it; he makes sure that equal credit goes to Troy Jones for co-writing the song, who Braddock says had the initial idea; and he dishes out advice to young writers.
- New Capitol Records recording artist Walker Hayes is giving away several songs on his website. (via Country Music Tattle Tale)
- A Chinese man was recently arrested when he couldn’t provide the paperwork for a motorcycle he was driving. He couldn’t afford the bike, so how did he get it? One piece at a time.
- Country Haiku:
She has got that thang
Dang dang dang dang dang dang dang
(That thang is her ass)
- The Texas Music Matters song of the day is “Hot Rod Lincoln” from a KUT studio live performance by Bill Kirchen.
- Country California’s C.M. Wilcox believes the best thing to happen to The Stellas was not winning the recently-completed second season of CMT’s Can You Duet. (MySpace)
- Dailey & Vincent recently presented Eddie Stubbs and Pete Fisher with Door Opener Awards as a display of their appreciation for the support that they’ve received from the Opry announcer and general manager. The Bluegrass Blog reports that the duo’s next Rounder project will be all a capella and that they’re currently in the studio recording a Statler Brothers tribute album.
- More “Six Packs” from Country Universe, this time for artists Deana Carter and Chely Wright.
- Is this a new Alan Jackson video or Apple commercial?
- Next weekend, an event billed as Texas Music Extravaganza featuring Augie Meyers, Flaco Jimenez, Raul Malo and more, will take place at The Shops at La Cantera in San Antonio. The Vato Valley Boys, a group that includes Meyers, Jimenez, and several bluegrass musicians, will be there as well to play their blend of bluegrass and Tex-Mex music.
- San Antonio also has a new show titled “San Antonio Rose Live Classic Country Music Show,” which is being billed as a Grand Ole Opry-styled music revue that pays tribute to artists like Ernest Tubb, Lefty Frizzell, Patsy Cline, Marty Robbins, Porter Wagoner and many, many more. Members of the show’s live band include Kenny Penny, Todd Brumley, Rodney Smith, Jerry Maynard, Tommy Detamore, Steve Maynard, Brennen Leigh, Ron Smith and John Stacy.
- My Kind of Country: What are some songs that made a big impression on you and caused you to become a fan of the artist?
- Dave D.: I never expected to see a shout out to the Cameron Family Singers today (or any day, for that matter). …
- nm: Duncan Cooper is not wrong.
- bob: Re Herndon, O'Neal & Griggs touring together, Herndon's "Lies I Told Myself Album" includes a duet with O'Neal, "I Can't". …
- luckyoldsun: Looks like CMT is pulling a "surprise" for its Artists' Choice countdown. They're coming up on #2 but there are …
- Jim Z: " Luke Bryan (Best Country Male Artist), Brantley Gilbert’s Just as I Am (Best Country Album), Carrie Underwood (Best Country …
- luckyoldsun: MH-- "...divisive, dismissive and argumentative." There's a shock. Who'da thunk it.
- MH: Looks like the IBMA is finding out what a lot of us already knew about former & frequent Engine 145 …
- Tom: ...it is almost the year 2015 - ain't it about time we leave people (celebrities included) having the personal relations …
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …