Miranda Lambert Leads ACM Awards Nominees; New Album Release List; Free Downloads
- ACM Award nominees were announced. Miranda Lambert leads all other artists with seven nominations. She’s followed by Zac Brown Band and Kenny Chesney, who scored five each, and The Band Perry and Taylor Swift, with four apiece.
- Country music is in trouble.
New releases for the week of February 1, 2011 include:
Joe Mullins & The Radio Ramblers – Hymns From The Hills
Mick Reed – Goodnight, Texas
- Songs:Illinois highlighted the song “The Year of Getting By” from the Oklahoma-based band Kill County, which is described as having “an affinity for sad sack americana-inflected alt-country.”
- Joe Nichols on missed opportunities:
‘Who Are You’ is one of the mistakes you make along the way; the woulda, coulda, shoulda that has happened, and you just wished things would’ve been different,” Joe tells The Boot. “When we cut [it], I begged everybody who would listen, I begged for that to be a single, for that to be the first single. But a lot of people who get paid a lot more than I do make a lot of the calls, and it didn’t go my way. That song was brilliantly written, and the production Brent Rowan did on it was immaculate. He just did a fantastic job, and I was really proud of my part. I really thought that it could have been a really special song for us.”
Click through to watch Blake Shelton perform the song acoustically as part of Aol’s Sessions.
- Free Downloads: “Barton Hollow,” the title track from The Civil Wars, is the iTunes single of the week and Chris Young‘s “The Man I Want To Be” is available from Amazon MP3.
- It’s been a busy morning, so the news is a little abbreviated today. We’ll be back tomorrow with a full roundup.
- Tom: ...it is almost the year 2015 - ain't it about time we leave people (celebrities included) having the personal relations …
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …