Miranda Lambert Leads ACM Awards Nominees; New Album Release List; Free Downloads
- ACM Award nominees were announced. Miranda Lambert leads all other artists with seven nominations. She’s followed by Zac Brown Band and Kenny Chesney, who scored five each, and The Band Perry and Taylor Swift, with four apiece.
- Country music is in trouble.
New releases for the week of February 1, 2011 include:
Joe Mullins & The Radio Ramblers – Hymns From The Hills
Mick Reed – Goodnight, Texas
- Songs:Illinois highlighted the song “The Year of Getting By” from the Oklahoma-based band Kill County, which is described as having “an affinity for sad sack americana-inflected alt-country.”
- Joe Nichols on missed opportunities:
‘Who Are You’ is one of the mistakes you make along the way; the woulda, coulda, shoulda that has happened, and you just wished things would’ve been different,” Joe tells The Boot. “When we cut [it], I begged everybody who would listen, I begged for that to be a single, for that to be the first single. But a lot of people who get paid a lot more than I do make a lot of the calls, and it didn’t go my way. That song was brilliantly written, and the production Brent Rowan did on it was immaculate. He just did a fantastic job, and I was really proud of my part. I really thought that it could have been a really special song for us.”
Click through to watch Blake Shelton perform the song acoustically as part of Aol’s Sessions.
- Free Downloads: “Barton Hollow,” the title track from The Civil Wars, is the iTunes single of the week and Chris Young‘s “The Man I Want To Be” is available from Amazon MP3.
- It’s been a busy morning, so the news is a little abbreviated today. We’ll be back tomorrow with a full roundup.
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …