Miranda Lambert Debuts “The House That Built Me” Video; Jake Owen Channels Brooks & Dunn In Tribute to Scooby Doo
- The video for Miranda Lambert‘s “The House That Built Me,” which is also the fastest rising single of her career, debuted on iTunes today. (iTunes)
New releases for the week of April 6, 2010 include:
- Music Fog: Luke Doucet with Melissa McClelland – “Long Haul Driver” & Long Story
- Dierks Bentley had originally planned to release two albums this year, one bluegrass and one country, but when he got in the studio to record his bluegrass album, the music became a hybrid of a lot of different influences and the two projects became one.
- During a radio interview with 99.5 The Wolf, Jake Owen performed a song about Scooby Doo to the melody of Brooks & Dunn‘s “Believe.”
- Willie Nelson on his forthcoming release, Country Music:
“I’ve known T Bone for years, but never worked with him before. He sent me a list of 28 songs he’d thought about for this album and I added “Nobody’s Fault But Mine.” We recorded 23 and picked 15 out of that to release. You hear a song and ask if it belongs on the album or not,” he says. “I had never heard “Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down” before, but when I did I thought there’s a great song and it’s got to be on the album. I thought I knew every Bob Wills song there was, but I didn’t know “Gotta Walk Alone.” The Bill Mack song “Drinking Champagne” is just a great song. You kind of start there and see what happens when you get to the studio. We did cut a couple of them twice. We cut the Ernest Tubb classic “Seaman’s Blues” twice just to see if we could get a little better cut on it.”
- Craig Shelburne recommends the new video from Dana Cooper for his song “Enough.”
- Due to the success of Blake Shelton‘s latest release, John Rich is considering his own six pak of uptempo tunes called Rich Rocks.
- luckyoldsun: Actually, it strikes me as a rather iffy subject for a museum. What kind of exhibits would they have? Jones …
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!