Miranda Lambert Debuts “The House That Built Me” Video; Jake Owen Channels Brooks & Dunn In Tribute to Scooby Doo
- The video for Miranda Lambert‘s “The House That Built Me,” which is also the fastest rising single of her career, debuted on iTunes today. (iTunes)
New releases for the week of April 6, 2010 include:
- Music Fog: Luke Doucet with Melissa McClelland – “Long Haul Driver” & Long Story
- Dierks Bentley had originally planned to release two albums this year, one bluegrass and one country, but when he got in the studio to record his bluegrass album, the music became a hybrid of a lot of different influences and the two projects became one.
- During a radio interview with 99.5 The Wolf, Jake Owen performed a song about Scooby Doo to the melody of Brooks & Dunn‘s “Believe.”
- Willie Nelson on his forthcoming release, Country Music:
“I’ve known T Bone for years, but never worked with him before. He sent me a list of 28 songs he’d thought about for this album and I added “Nobody’s Fault But Mine.” We recorded 23 and picked 15 out of that to release. You hear a song and ask if it belongs on the album or not,” he says. “I had never heard “Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down” before, but when I did I thought there’s a great song and it’s got to be on the album. I thought I knew every Bob Wills song there was, but I didn’t know “Gotta Walk Alone.” The Bill Mack song “Drinking Champagne” is just a great song. You kind of start there and see what happens when you get to the studio. We did cut a couple of them twice. We cut the Ernest Tubb classic “Seaman’s Blues” twice just to see if we could get a little better cut on it.”
- Craig Shelburne recommends the new video from Dana Cooper for his song “Enough.”
- Due to the success of Blake Shelton‘s latest release, John Rich is considering his own six pak of uptempo tunes called Rich Rocks.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.