Miranda Lambert Debuts “The House That Built Me” Video; Jake Owen Channels Brooks & Dunn In Tribute to Scooby Doo
- The video for Miranda Lambert‘s “The House That Built Me,” which is also the fastest rising single of her career, debuted on iTunes today. (iTunes)
New releases for the week of April 6, 2010 include:
- Music Fog: Luke Doucet with Melissa McClelland – “Long Haul Driver” & Long Story
- Dierks Bentley had originally planned to release two albums this year, one bluegrass and one country, but when he got in the studio to record his bluegrass album, the music became a hybrid of a lot of different influences and the two projects became one.
- During a radio interview with 99.5 The Wolf, Jake Owen performed a song about Scooby Doo to the melody of Brooks & Dunn‘s “Believe.”
- Willie Nelson on his forthcoming release, Country Music:
“I’ve known T Bone for years, but never worked with him before. He sent me a list of 28 songs he’d thought about for this album and I added “Nobody’s Fault But Mine.” We recorded 23 and picked 15 out of that to release. You hear a song and ask if it belongs on the album or not,” he says. “I had never heard “Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down” before, but when I did I thought there’s a great song and it’s got to be on the album. I thought I knew every Bob Wills song there was, but I didn’t know “Gotta Walk Alone.” The Bill Mack song “Drinking Champagne” is just a great song. You kind of start there and see what happens when you get to the studio. We did cut a couple of them twice. We cut the Ernest Tubb classic “Seaman’s Blues” twice just to see if we could get a little better cut on it.”
- Craig Shelburne recommends the new video from Dana Cooper for his song “Enough.”
- Due to the success of Blake Shelton‘s latest release, John Rich is considering his own six pak of uptempo tunes called Rich Rocks.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!
- bob: Good day with news of PrizeFighter Trisha and Drunken Martina.
- John Fuller: Oh yeah!! Crispy sweet!
- Rick Mifflin: Sublime