Mindy McCready Linked to Roger Clemens In Decade Long Affair
- The New York Daily News reported today that Roger Clemens carried on a 10-year affair with country singer Mindy McCready. The two met when McCready, 15 at the time, was performing in a bar in Florida. Clemens confirmed his long-term relationship with McCready, but denies that it was sexual in nature. However, a source with “intimate knowledge of the relationship” says “it was love at first sight, no doubt about it.”
- After being arrested for a DUI on Saturday night, sixty-one year-old country songwriter Richard Fagan admitted to drinking six shots of alcohol. On Sunday night the police were called to his house where they found a man believed to be his roommate stabbed to death. He’s being charged with criminal homicide. “Fagan wrote No. 1 hit songs ‘Be My Baby Tonight’ and ‘Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)’ for John Michael Montgomery, among other hits.”
- Before his concert on Saturday night, Kenny Chesney managed to get his foot stuck between the rising platform and the stage. Despite the bone-crushing incident Chesney continued with his scheduled performance without verbally acknowledging what had happened, but did limp around the stage.
- Toby Keith was performing for troops in Afghanistan on Thursday when mortar fire interrupted his song “Weed With Willie.” A witness said everyone hunkered down in a bunker for about an hour where Keith posed for photos and signed autographs. After the all-clear signal he returned to stage, against advice, and picked up on the verse he left off before the mortar fire.
- The Country Music Hall of Fame held the “Medallion Ceremony” on Sunday night to formally recognize Emmylou Harris and Ernest V. “Pop” Stoneman for achieving the genre’s highest honor, entry into the Hall.
- Carrie Underwood had an emotional moment during her performance of “Don’t Forget to Remember Me” in the Atlanta area last Thursday.
…the country chanteuse broke down into tears in the middle of the song’s second chorus. According to an audience member, the singer cried through several lines of the song — then attempted to tackle the chorus but broke down again.
- The woman who accused Miranda Lambert of shoving her at a concert last week was arrested for making a false report.
- Brooks & Dunn will release their debut novel, The Adventures of Slim and Howdy, on May 12.
- LeAnn Rimes and Ricky Skaggs were among the winners at the Gospel Music Association’s 39th annual Dove Awards last Wednesday.
- John T. Davis recounts the co-evolution of Willie Nelson and Austin in a special to the Austin American Statesman.
“I knew all along that the kids would respond to what we were doing, and my band knew I knew, so they weren’t worried,” he recalls years later. “But my booking agent thought I was crazy, and so did the industry people in the offices in New York and Nashville and L.A. But they didn’t know what we did. They never got out of their offices to check out what was happening.”
- Texas Music Matters has several audio stories of Willie Nelson, over an hour of an intimate performance live in Studio 1A, and longtime producer Terry Lickona talks about the pilot episode of Willie Nelson on Austin City Limits.
- NPR has a story about Justin Townes Earle‘s addiction to drugs and acoustic performances of “Ain’t Glad I’m Leaving” and “Who Am I To Say.”
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …
- chris: That voice singing with Jim Ed is younger sister Bonnie, also a member of the Browns.
- Kev: I saw Jim Ed at the Opry in June and he sounded great then. I certainly look forward to …
- Delica Smith: I've had the blessings of following Mr. JimEd and Helen Cornelius since the mid 70s. I was a amateur …
- Inell: I meant to say you still sound as great as you did when you sang Pop O Top