Merle Haggard And Billy Joe Shaver Have New Albums In The Pipes
- A Fredericksburg promoter’s attempt to revive a lawsuit against Merle Haggard has been shot down by the 4th Court of Appeals because she missed the deadline to appeal the suit’s dismissal. Kathy Schroeder is suing Haggard over a concert he failed to appear at in 2001 due to an illness, which she is challenging as well.
- Kellie Pickler is still skirting the issue of her “boobs,” and briefly mentions that she has her eye on an unnamed Nashville hockey player.
- Billy Joe Shaver to John Goodspeed on his Greatest Hits album had this to say:
“I let the label pick the songs because — like everybody else, I’ve said this a million times and it’s true — your songs are like your children,” Shaver said by phone from his Waco home. “It’s like lining your kids up and trying to pick which one you like the best.”
Shaver also talks about his new album due out on August 6, Everybody’s Brother. It’s going to be a gospel album produced by John Carter Cash with duets from Johnny Cash, Tanya Tucker, Willie Nelson and John Anderson. Shaver claims it’s the best work he’s ever done.
- Does anyone know what the deal is with Big & Rich being spotlighted at a Country Music Hall of Fame exhibit? According to CMT, Love Everybody: Big & Rich will have guitars from both John Rich and Big Kenny, along with a pair of rhinestone jeans that Rich’s grandmother sewed for him and a replica of the top hat that Big Kenny wears.
- A release date for Merle Haggard’s The Bluegrass Sessions has been penciled in for September 18th.
The 12-song collection is comprised of 4 newly written songs by The Hag. Among the older Haggard songs are “Mama’s Hungry Eyes,” with Alison Krauss contributing vocals, “Big City” and “Holding Things Together.”
- And lastly, Tim McGraw had one of the better performances at the ACM Awards when he performed “If You’re Reading This.” Country Universe found and posted a YouTube video of the performance. It’s definitely worth checking out.
- A.B.: I think I understand why the eating disorder facility wants to be located there besides it being the former Cash …
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.