Merle Haggard And Billy Joe Shaver Have New Albums In The Pipes
- A Fredericksburg promoter’s attempt to revive a lawsuit against Merle Haggard has been shot down by the 4th Court of Appeals because she missed the deadline to appeal the suit’s dismissal. Kathy Schroeder is suing Haggard over a concert he failed to appear at in 2001 due to an illness, which she is challenging as well.
- Kellie Pickler is still skirting the issue of her “boobs,” and briefly mentions that she has her eye on an unnamed Nashville hockey player.
- Billy Joe Shaver to John Goodspeed on his Greatest Hits album had this to say:
“I let the label pick the songs because — like everybody else, I’ve said this a million times and it’s true — your songs are like your children,” Shaver said by phone from his Waco home. “It’s like lining your kids up and trying to pick which one you like the best.”
Shaver also talks about his new album due out on August 6, Everybody’s Brother. It’s going to be a gospel album produced by John Carter Cash with duets from Johnny Cash, Tanya Tucker, Willie Nelson and John Anderson. Shaver claims it’s the best work he’s ever done.
- Does anyone know what the deal is with Big & Rich being spotlighted at a Country Music Hall of Fame exhibit? According to CMT, Love Everybody: Big & Rich will have guitars from both John Rich and Big Kenny, along with a pair of rhinestone jeans that Rich’s grandmother sewed for him and a replica of the top hat that Big Kenny wears.
- A release date for Merle Haggard’s The Bluegrass Sessions has been penciled in for September 18th.
The 12-song collection is comprised of 4 newly written songs by The Hag. Among the older Haggard songs are “Mama’s Hungry Eyes,” with Alison Krauss contributing vocals, “Big City” and “Holding Things Together.”
- And lastly, Tim McGraw had one of the better performances at the ACM Awards when he performed “If You’re Reading This.” Country Universe found and posted a YouTube video of the performance. It’s definitely worth checking out.
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …
- nm: Agreed. A good job by three very smart women.
- Deremy Jylan: The Hight piece is tremendous reading.
- Juli Thanki: Much like the music of Aldean and FGL, Michelob Ultra is favored by college kids and too much exposure will …
- Tom: ...michelob ultra seems to be a brew from hell.
- luckyoldsun: Maybe he was just changing out of his hunting clothes. At least he didn't do the full Randy...um Monty.
- Donald: If you haven't heard...this one is a bit bizarre: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/johnny-cash-s-son-arrested-at-deer-lake-airport-after-removing-his-clothes-1.2814697?cmp=rss I think the link says almost all....