Mel Tillis Leaves Hospital; Kentucky State Senator Proposes Bluegrass Music Trail; New Music Videos
- Another sign the country music apocalypse is descending upon us all: Aerosmith has been named as one of the 40 most influential acts that shaped the lives of today’s biggest country stars.
- Linda Martell, the first African-American woman to perform on the Grand Ole Opry stage, will have her 1970 vinyl album, Color Me Country, released as a CD on June 3.
- Lady Antebellum will perform with Stevie Nicks at the ACM Awards on April 6.
- Two of Peter Cooper’s favorite Nashville music venues, houses owned by Cowboy Jack Clement and Earl Scruggs, are for sale. Scruggs’ house was previously owned by George Jones and Tammy Wynette.
- CMT has an April 22 release date listed for a new Corb Lund album called Counterfeit Blues.
- The righteous C.M. Wilcox posted a new Quotable Country column over at California Country.
- This is a video interview on how “Slow Me Down” became the centerpiece of Sara Evans’ new album.
- And here’s a video interview on how Paul Simon inspired Robert Ellis’ latest album, The Lights from the Chemical Plant.
- Jamie Lynn Spears got hitched.
- Looks like Taylor Swift might be on an upcoming episode of The Food Network’s The Barefoot Contessa.
- Charlie Robison made some Facebook posts on Saturday stating that he was inexplicably handcuffed and kept in the back of a police squad car over the weekend.
- Kyle, aka Saving Country Music’s Trigger, discusses why SXSW will have to change after last week’s tragic incident where two people were killed and 23 injured when a drunk driver crashed into a crowd of people.
- Tracy Lawrence talked with Billboard’s Chuck Dauphin about running his own label.
- Orange Blossom Records signed the Trinity River Band.
- MusicFog.com posted a new video of Lake Street Dive performing “Hello? Goodbye!”
- State Senator Robin Webb has put together a proposal urging the Kentucky Tourism, Arts and Heritage Cabinet to create the “Bluegrass Beaten Path Music Trail.”
- Rachele Lynae will release her self-titled debut album (produced by Jamie O’Neal) April 22 on the Momentum Label Group.
- Pioneers of Americana Music, Craig Harris’ new biography of The Band,will be released on April 16.
- Jimmy Rankin (of Canada’s The Rankin Family) will release a new solo album called Back Road Paradise on April 1.
- AOL counted down the 16 best moments at the Grand Ole Opry House.
- Meet Michael Cummins, a former prosecutor and judge, now a defense attorney and aspiring country music singer.
- Mel Tillis is home after a week in the hospital following heart surgery.
- New music videos from the past week or so:
Trenton McKean – “I Smoked My Last Cigarette”
Hunter Hayes – “Invisible”
Grant Terry (featuring Jillian Edwards) – “In the Middle”
SHEL – “When the Sky Fell”
Sara Oliveira – “Always”
Marc Ford – “Blue Sky”
The McClymonts – “Going Under (Didn’t Have To)”
David Fanning – “Drink You Away”
Tim McGraw – “Lookin’ for That Girl”
Chuck Mead – “Knee Deep in the Wakarusa River”
The Easy Leaves – “Crack Another Bottle”
Moore & Moore – “Show Me Your Country”
Jon Langford – “Weightless”
Sara Evans – “Not Over You”
Stevie Lee Woods – “Hey! What Do I Know?”
Johnny Cash – “She Used To Love Me A Lot”
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …
- chris: That voice singing with Jim Ed is younger sister Bonnie, also a member of the Browns.