Mel Tillis Gets Remastered
- Three out-of-print Mel Tillis albums have been remastered and are scheduled for release on April 29.
- Despite having a rough few weeks and speculation about his sexuality, Chace Crawford (whoever that is) is doing fine since his split with Carrie Underwood.
- Founding member and lead singer of the Hacienda Brothers Chris Gaffney was diagnosed with liver cancer. His health insurance won’t cover all of the costs, so his family set up a website asking for your help. (via Twang Nation)
- Mario Tarradell claims the “Sinatra of country music” moniker frequently attached to George Strait fits.
- The new Willie Nelson box-set, One Hell of a Ride, opens with Nelson’s first recording from 1954, “When I’ve Sang My Last Hillbilly Song.” It was recorded in a tiny radio station in Pleasanton where he worked as a disc jockey, and closing the box-set is another recording of the same song that he cut late last year.
- Juli Thanki scorches Zane Lewis’s new album.
- Still Is Still Moving drew my attention toward some nifty limited edition Willie Nelson shirts celebrating the big 7-5.
- Sometimes fans don’t know best. The Dierks Bentley greatest hits project that he enlisted fans help with will be titled Greatest Hits//Every Mile A Memory 2003 – 2008. Sounds more like an epitaph if you ask me, or the title of a posthumous release.
It will include Bentley’s 10 Top 10 and number 1 radio hits, 4 live versions of crowd favorites “So So Long,” “Lot of Leavin’ Left To Do,” “Wish It Would Break” and “Free & Easy (Down The Road I Go)” and two new tracks, “With The Band” and “Sweet & Wild” (featuring Sarah Buxton).
- Country Music Central has a track by track breakdown of the new Josh Gracin album, We Weren’t Crazy.
- If you want some good roadhouse style music from a talented artist and an incredible band then Country Universe’s Leeann recommends checking out Darryl Lee Rush’s Live From the River Road Icehouse.
- Taylor Swift has nearly a dozen agents working on various aspects of her career now that she’s represented by WMA.
- Self-professed amateur historian of country music and world’s most enthusiastic fan of country music’s female artists Laura Cantrell takes a stab at introducing readers to unknown women in country music with Country Music’s Greatest Underappreciated Female Artists.
- April 1st marked the one year anniversary of Billy Joe Shaver’s infamous shooting in Waco and the grand jury still hasn’t decided whether to press charges in court or not.
- The incredible Pete Anderson is answering any questions you might have over on the Little Dog Records blog. Anderson is “the man behind recordings by such renowned artists as Dwight Yoakam, Roy Orbison, k.d.lang, Flaco Jimenez, Buck Owens, Lucinda Williams, Jim Lauderdale, Rosie Flores.” Cool stuff.
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.