March 2010 Mailbag: How Hard Is It To Get Mosh Seats At The CMT Awards?
How hard is it to get mosh seats at the CMT Awards?
Getting the seats is easy. Moshing to Lady Antebellum is hard. — Stephen
I think you’re thinking of the wrong type of award show. Wait, wait. No, you’re right. — Karlie
Mosh seats? If that’s your expectation, I’d recommend against even trying. — CMW
What kind of hats does Easton Corbin wear?
Country hats. Very very very country hats. Don’t doubt the countryness of his hats. — Stephen
He’s a little more country than hats. — Jim
What does country music represent?
Every washed-up rocker’s last hope. — CMW
What does Shinola mean?
Who gives a shinola! — Stephen
That Dolly’s songwriting is getting a little sloppy. — Jim
What does Uncle Kracker’s song smile sound like?
A great big frown. — Stephen
What is the theme of “Another Picture to Burn?”
It was Taylor Swift’s subtle tribute to future CMT Crossroads partner Def Leppard’s rock masterpiece Pyromania. — Ken
Taylor Swift is secretly teaching kids and young adults the ins-and-outs of Wiccanism. — Jim
What does Blake Shelton like to collect?
Coattails. — Stephen
What does my music taste say about me?
Rock candy breaks your teeth, pop give you gas, but bluegrass is good for your system. — Ken
It says whether or not you’re sufficiently country to call yourself a true American. — Jim
How do you let a girl feel that fire?
http://www.cdc.gov/STD — Ken
How many platinums did Hank Williams have?
At least fifty ‘leven, shawty. — Karlie
Fifty ‘leven, plus a Black Card. — Jim
What is the Rascal Flatts song “Here Comes Goodbye About?”
It’s a treatise on the proper usage and placement of punctuation. — CMW
Why is Mickie James not wrestling?
She’s checking out to see if country music is ready to rumble. — Ken
Why is Blake Shelton not on Twitter lately?
He jumped off that bandwagon and onto the “I’m So Country Country Song” one. — Karlie
Recording half an album, then explaining why he only recorded half an album, took a lot out of him. — CMW
How much does Martina McBride weigh?
135 drunk, 125 sober. So, 135. — CMW
In the song “Shiftwork,” what is the last shift?
I don’t know, I’ve never made it that far into the song. — Jim
Why was Gretchen Wilson dropped?
She took down her Christmas lights. Automatic breach of contract. — Karlie
Why did two artists record “The Truth?”
As it turns out, one of them was lying. — Sam
Why is Crystal from Trailer Choir?
Considering she’s surrounded by guys named Butter and Big Vinny, Crystal is probably asking herself the same question. — Sam
How to express your music taste?
You go onto online Internet communities, proclaim your favorite singers using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, and tell anyone who disagrees with you that they suck and don’t know anything about music. — Sam
Find a few good buddies and start a blog. You’ll know you’re onto something when you start getting haters. — CMW
What day did Toby Keith make his Grand Ole Opry debut?
The day a tremor of 3.7 magnitude was detected around George D. Hay’s grave. — Sam
Fat dog, skinny dog, little itty bitty dog… sorry, what was the question? — CMW
What cool things does Miranda Lambert do at her concerts?
She manages to put on a concert without multiple costume changes, waterfalls or levitating pickup trucks. — Sam
Yeah, but I hear the levitating trucks are in the works. — Jim
When is Keith Anderson coming out with a new CD?
I’ll bet Keith Anderson is wondering the same thing. — CMW
How did I get so sloppy drunk when I was drinking neat?
It’s a logical consequence. Are you sure you know what ‘drinking neat’ means? — CMW
Who plays steel guitar for Alan Jackson?
One of the busiest men in Nashville, thank goodness. — CMW
Bucky Covington, he was saying, “I love you.”
That’s just your Bucky-crush speaking. He was actually saying, “I love you, Atlanta!” before walking off stage. I’m sorry to break the news. — Jim
- Stuart Munro: Is it just me...or does the idea of St. Paul and the Broken Bones being an Americana act really strain …
- Sam G.: Loki Is playing Hank Williams in a new movie, and Thor bought the rights to a book about him. I …
- Roger: Fabulous interview and fantastic new music that I will listen to over and over again.
- Applejack: It's not just you, Andrew L. I just listened to the clips on Amazon, and the autotune effect is terrible.
- Andrew L.: Is it just me or does Strait sound horribly autotuned on the clips for the new live album? I can't …
- Juli Thanki: You'll get to hear it pretty soon: The Wall Street Journal is going to stream the album on their website …
- Leeann Ward: Way to go to David Cantwell for getting a name drop! Great interview, Juli! Womack's new album is awesome! I've not always …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: Great interview as always, Juli! The new album is fantastic. "Same Kind of Different" is my favorite cut although "Fly" is …
- Dave D.: Good interview. Looking forward to the new record, and particularly interested in hearing her version of Brennen Leigh's "Sleeping with …
- nm: I guess it's not surprising that a singer who gets her songs all over the place, the way Womack does, …