Mailbag: Who was the female lead in Pure Country?
Who was the female lead in Pure Country?
Low blow, mister: That ponytail was a clip-on. — CM
Why do young people like the song “Love Story?”
The same reason my generation liked the song “Can’t Live Without Your Love and Affection”: young people are dumb. — Sam
Why isn’t Miley Cyrus country anymore?
Country radio didn’t fully embrace the first single she sent them… at which point, in true teenager fashion, Miley decided country music was like totally hokey anyway and started bad-mouthing it. — CM
Don’t question it, just be glad for it. — Sam
Apparently “The Climb” to the top of the country charts was a little too bumpy. — Karlie
What country singer looks like a mountain man?
Depends on which California Mountain you’re talking about…
Mammoth Mountain – Colt Ford
Bald Eagle Mountain – Kenny Chesney
Dixie Mountain – Randy Owen
Devil’s Peak – Charlie Daniels
Big Maria Mountain – Ronnie Dunn
El Capitan – Daryl Dragon
Hayfork Bally – Rory Lee Feek
King Peak – George Strait
Split Mountain – Kix Brooks
Twin Peaks – Dolly Parton — Ken
How many times does Toby Keith say dog?
40 times in a song that has 317 words. That means that 12.6% of “Every Dog Has Its Day” is “dog.” This answer brought to you by the American Kennel Club. — Sam
Multiply the number of times Randy Jackson says “dog” on two episodes of American Idol by 1.5. — Karlie
What boots does Toby Keith wear?
After “Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue”, a better question would be, “Toby Keith puts his boots where?” — Ken
The ones currently implanted in your ass. — CM
How long has Julianne Hough been singing?
I saw her new video, but didn’t notice any singing… — CM
What kind of bus does Merle Haggard drive?
It’s a classic 1975 MCI- all the vehicles current country music artists are driving these days are ruining the name of good tour buses. — Ken
Where did Ernest Tubb grow up?
The Texas Troubador, you mean? Just a wild guess, but I’m going to say… Texas. — Sam
Where does Miranda Lambert buy her clothes?
A store called “The House That Clothed Me” — Ken
Fred’s House of Gunpowder, Lead & Cotton. — Sam
Did Chris Cagle and Jason Aldean play together?
Yes, and it was really cute until Aldean threw sand in Cagle’s eyes and Cagle broke Aldean’s favorite Tonka truck. — Karlie
What does the book say at the end of “If I Die Young?”
The End — Ken
Why are Brooks & Dunn breaking up?
They couldn’t agree on which songs to sing halfheartedly on their next album. (It was time.) — CM
What does George Strait think of his sound-alike?
If he was a pop singer, he’d be upset. But he’s “A Little More Country Than That.” — Ken
Why has the country music industry blackballed Clint Black?
He’s not blackballed, he’s just had a good run of bad luck. — Ken
You’d think he would mind, but punster Clint was practically begging to be Blackballed. — CM
Black had to wave a white flag after getting black-listed because he’s a little too green – and that made some industry execs pretty red in the face. — Karlie
What is the name of the lead singer from The Band Perry?
William “The Refrigerator.” — Sam
Who is Elizabeth Cook?
An El Camino-loving, mullet-craving, Pina Colada-drinking, roller derby-watching, disco-craving, bell bottom-wearing country music songwriter who rocks. — Ken
What is the best cowboy album?
Cowboy Troy, Loco Motive — CM
Who did George Strait help get started in the business?
Little known fact: Dr. Dre. Few people know that his first album was originally titled Strait Outta Compton. — Ken
Jamey Johnson. — Karlie
How many people in the world love country music?
That Lonesome Song hasn’t yet gone platinum. — CM
If I had two million roses, would it change your mind?
No. But it might if you sang like Marty Raybon. — CM
Throw in the Louboutins Lee Ann Womack wears in her video for “Solitary Thinking” and I’m sold. — Karlie
Is “I Need You Now” about a booty call?
We’re talking country music, so technically, it’s a badonkadonk call. — Sam
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."