Mailbag: What Would Kristofferson Do?
Does the lyric “my only friends are pirates” make sense?
Arrr, matey! It makes perfect sense is ye lives out on the open seas like Cap’n Chesney! – Jim
What to do today in Kern county?
Whatever you do, don’t swim in Kern River. – Brady
How do you get on an NFL practice squad?
Stop growing at about 5’6″, lose your hair, and wear really tight jeans, then the Saints might be willing to let you catch a few punts in practice. – Brady
What does “Bob That Head” mean?
Just nod your head to the beat of the music. – Brady
How old is Ray Price?
Price was born on January 12th, 1926, making him 82 years young. – Jim
How do people buy music?
Wait, people still buy music? – Jim
What did Katie Cook wear for the Nashville Star finale?
While not quite a nudie suit, it was titillating to say the least. – Not Brady
How many encores did Hank Williams do when he sang “Lovesick Blues” on the Grand Ole Opry?
Some accounts place the number at an unprecedented and yet-to-be-matched six encores. – Brady
Why does “Our Song” say “slow” instead of “low?”
Have you ever noticed that the volume of a person’s voice goes down when they talk more slowly? – Jim
How does Taylor Swift break up with jerk boyfriends?
She pokes the voodoo dolls she’s undoubtedly created and burns their pictures, then sends them a text message telling ‘em it’s all over. Of course, she writes a song about it afterwards. – Brady
Why isn’t Gretchen Wilson played on radio?
Because her fifteen minutes has officially expired. – Jim
What would Kristofferson do?
Write better songs than “Like Kristofferson Would Do.” – Jim
Finish the phrase: Jason and the ______?
Jason and the Wiggles? – Jim
Did Kid Rock steal “All Summer Long” from Chesney?
No. – Jim
When is Julio Iglesias, Jr.’s single coming out?
I thought we were supposed to be making the jokes. – Brady
Who are all of Lorrie Morgan’s ex-husbands?
Now you’re just being mean. – Brady
If you want the actual names of Lorrie Morgan’s ex-husbands, they are (in order): Ron Gaddis, Keith Whitley, Brad Thompson, Jon Randall, Sammy Kershaw. – Matt
What happened to Adam Gregory on Midas?
Gregory is still on Midas, but distribution and promotion will be handled by Big Machine. – Jim
When did Trace Adkins say his new album would be released?
Adkins’ new album will be in stores and online starting November 25th. – Jim
- Jack: "I got turned off a not so new guy’s music after he started recording songs like “Get Drunk and Be …
- A.B.: I think I understand why the eating disorder facility wants to be located there besides it being the former Cash …
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.