Mailbag: What Would Kristofferson Do?
Does the lyric “my only friends are pirates” make sense?
Arrr, matey! It makes perfect sense is ye lives out on the open seas like Cap’n Chesney! – Jim
What to do today in Kern county?
Whatever you do, don’t swim in Kern River. – Brady
How do you get on an NFL practice squad?
Stop growing at about 5’6″, lose your hair, and wear really tight jeans, then the Saints might be willing to let you catch a few punts in practice. – Brady
What does “Bob That Head” mean?
Just nod your head to the beat of the music. – Brady
How old is Ray Price?
Price was born on January 12th, 1926, making him 82 years young. – Jim
How do people buy music?
Wait, people still buy music? – Jim
What did Katie Cook wear for the Nashville Star finale?
While not quite a nudie suit, it was titillating to say the least. – Not Brady
How many encores did Hank Williams do when he sang “Lovesick Blues” on the Grand Ole Opry?
Some accounts place the number at an unprecedented and yet-to-be-matched six encores. – Brady
Why does “Our Song” say “slow” instead of “low?”
Have you ever noticed that the volume of a person’s voice goes down when they talk more slowly? – Jim
How does Taylor Swift break up with jerk boyfriends?
She pokes the voodoo dolls she’s undoubtedly created and burns their pictures, then sends them a text message telling ‘em it’s all over. Of course, she writes a song about it afterwards. – Brady
Why isn’t Gretchen Wilson played on radio?
Because her fifteen minutes has officially expired. – Jim
What would Kristofferson do?
Write better songs than “Like Kristofferson Would Do.” – Jim
Finish the phrase: Jason and the ______?
Jason and the Wiggles? – Jim
Did Kid Rock steal “All Summer Long” from Chesney?
No. – Jim
When is Julio Iglesias, Jr.’s single coming out?
I thought we were supposed to be making the jokes. – Brady
Who are all of Lorrie Morgan’s ex-husbands?
Now you’re just being mean. – Brady
If you want the actual names of Lorrie Morgan’s ex-husbands, they are (in order): Ron Gaddis, Keith Whitley, Brad Thompson, Jon Randall, Sammy Kershaw. – Matt
What happened to Adam Gregory on Midas?
Gregory is still on Midas, but distribution and promotion will be handled by Big Machine. – Jim
When did Trace Adkins say his new album would be released?
Adkins’ new album will be in stores and online starting November 25th. – Jim
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …