Mailbag: What Would Kristofferson Do?
Does the lyric “my only friends are pirates” make sense?
Arrr, matey! It makes perfect sense is ye lives out on the open seas like Cap’n Chesney! – Jim
What to do today in Kern county?
Whatever you do, don’t swim in Kern River. – Brady
How do you get on an NFL practice squad?
Stop growing at about 5’6″, lose your hair, and wear really tight jeans, then the Saints might be willing to let you catch a few punts in practice. – Brady
What does “Bob That Head” mean?
Just nod your head to the beat of the music. – Brady
How old is Ray Price?
Price was born on January 12th, 1926, making him 82 years young. – Jim
How do people buy music?
Wait, people still buy music? – Jim
What did Katie Cook wear for the Nashville Star finale?
While not quite a nudie suit, it was titillating to say the least. – Not Brady
How many encores did Hank Williams do when he sang “Lovesick Blues” on the Grand Ole Opry?
Some accounts place the number at an unprecedented and yet-to-be-matched six encores. – Brady
Why does “Our Song” say “slow” instead of “low?”
Have you ever noticed that the volume of a person’s voice goes down when they talk more slowly? – Jim
How does Taylor Swift break up with jerk boyfriends?
She pokes the voodoo dolls she’s undoubtedly created and burns their pictures, then sends them a text message telling ‘em it’s all over. Of course, she writes a song about it afterwards. – Brady
Why isn’t Gretchen Wilson played on radio?
Because her fifteen minutes has officially expired. – Jim
What would Kristofferson do?
Write better songs than “Like Kristofferson Would Do.” – Jim
Finish the phrase: Jason and the ______?
Jason and the Wiggles? – Jim
Did Kid Rock steal “All Summer Long” from Chesney?
No. – Jim
When is Julio Iglesias, Jr.’s single coming out?
I thought we were supposed to be making the jokes. – Brady
Who are all of Lorrie Morgan’s ex-husbands?
Now you’re just being mean. – Brady
If you want the actual names of Lorrie Morgan’s ex-husbands, they are (in order): Ron Gaddis, Keith Whitley, Brad Thompson, Jon Randall, Sammy Kershaw. – Matt
What happened to Adam Gregory on Midas?
Gregory is still on Midas, but distribution and promotion will be handled by Big Machine. – Jim
When did Trace Adkins say his new album would be released?
Adkins’ new album will be in stores and online starting November 25th. – Jim
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.