Mailbag: What Would Kristofferson Do?
Does the lyric “my only friends are pirates” make sense?
Arrr, matey! It makes perfect sense is ye lives out on the open seas like Cap’n Chesney! – Jim
What to do today in Kern county?
Whatever you do, don’t swim in Kern River. – Brady
How do you get on an NFL practice squad?
Stop growing at about 5’6″, lose your hair, and wear really tight jeans, then the Saints might be willing to let you catch a few punts in practice. – Brady
What does “Bob That Head” mean?
Just nod your head to the beat of the music. – Brady
How old is Ray Price?
Price was born on January 12th, 1926, making him 82 years young. – Jim
How do people buy music?
Wait, people still buy music? – Jim
What did Katie Cook wear for the Nashville Star finale?
While not quite a nudie suit, it was titillating to say the least. – Not Brady
How many encores did Hank Williams do when he sang “Lovesick Blues” on the Grand Ole Opry?
Some accounts place the number at an unprecedented and yet-to-be-matched six encores. – Brady
Why does “Our Song” say “slow” instead of “low?”
Have you ever noticed that the volume of a person’s voice goes down when they talk more slowly? – Jim
How does Taylor Swift break up with jerk boyfriends?
She pokes the voodoo dolls she’s undoubtedly created and burns their pictures, then sends them a text message telling ‘em it’s all over. Of course, she writes a song about it afterwards. – Brady
Why isn’t Gretchen Wilson played on radio?
Because her fifteen minutes has officially expired. – Jim
What would Kristofferson do?
Write better songs than “Like Kristofferson Would Do.” – Jim
Finish the phrase: Jason and the ______?
Jason and the Wiggles? – Jim
Did Kid Rock steal “All Summer Long” from Chesney?
No. – Jim
When is Julio Iglesias, Jr.’s single coming out?
I thought we were supposed to be making the jokes. – Brady
Who are all of Lorrie Morgan’s ex-husbands?
Now you’re just being mean. – Brady
If you want the actual names of Lorrie Morgan’s ex-husbands, they are (in order): Ron Gaddis, Keith Whitley, Brad Thompson, Jon Randall, Sammy Kershaw. – Matt
What happened to Adam Gregory on Midas?
Gregory is still on Midas, but distribution and promotion will be handled by Big Machine. – Jim
When did Trace Adkins say his new album would be released?
Adkins’ new album will be in stores and online starting November 25th. – Jim
- nm: I enjoyed that Nashville recap from the Fug Girls, but the absolutely best recaps are in the Nashville Scene, by …
- Donald: "Don't Forget the Coffee, Billy Joe" is just one of my many favourites!
- paul w dennis: My favorite TTH sings are "I Can't Dance" and St. Louis Named A Shoe After Me" Of course, that just …
- luckyoldsun: Actually, it strikes me as a rather iffy subject for a museum. What kind of exhibits would they have? Jones …
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …