Lyle Lovett Readies New Album; Miranda Lambert Announces New Single; Country Singers Celebrate First Amendment
- The Country Music Association has pledged $10 million to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum’s expansion efforts.
- Lyle Lovett’s new album, Release Me, is set for release on February 28.
- James McMurtry’s Mountain Stage performance can be streamed here.
- The Del McCoury Band came in at #10 on PopMatters’ 2011 Artists of the Year countdown.
- Lauren Alaina and Rodney Atkins will perform on Fox’s American Country New Year’s Eve Live, airing at 11p.m. on the 31st.
- Miranda Lambert’s next single from Four the Record is “Over You,” co-written with Blake Shelton.
- Bob Kingsley will be given the President’s Award at the Country Radio Hall of Fame Awards and Dinner in February. The award is presented to “an individual who has made a significant contribution to the marketing, production, growth, and development of the Country Radio Seminar and the multiple services that Country Radio Seminar provides to the country radio and music communities.”
- Cuts from the Pistol Annies, Those Darlins, Matraca Berg, Abigail Washburn, Lucinda Williams, Hayes Carll, and The Drive-By Truckers made the American Songwriter Top 50 Songs of 2011 list.
- A download of The Goat Rodeo Sessions is available for $3.99 on Amazon today. It’s one of the best albums of the year by incredibly talented musicians.
- Jake Owen was forced to cancel his sixth annual charity concert due to heavy rains.
- Sarah Jarosz, Joe Nichols, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Brad Paisley, The Civil Wars, and more are taking to Twitter tomorrow, on National Bill of Rights Day, in celebration of the First Amendment.
- Darryl Worley and Wynn Varble have recorded a version of “The Fishin’ Hole.” Anyone who texts a donation to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency or similar state organizations will be given a ringtone of the song as a thank you gift.
- There is a 15-song retrospective of Gretchen Peters’ career that you can download over at NoiseTrade.
- Here’s a short (under 30-minute) documentary about bluegrass and old-time music in the UK.
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.