Lorrie Morgan Celebrates 25th Anniversary with Opry
- Lorrie Morgan celebrates her 25th anniversary as an Opry member tonight.
- On the subject of songs that got away, John Anderson admits that he turned down “Baby’s Got Her Blue Jeans On,” not knowing that it was Conway Twitty who originally sent the song his way. It was a missed opportunity, but he hopes to have a few classics on his new album, Bigger Hands.
New releases for the week of June 9, 2009 include:
- Nathan Rabin announced that his former weekly Nashville or Bust column is moving to a bi-weekly format, but not without publishing a new article this week on Tom T. Hall, who he says he’s proud to put high in his personal pantheon of good country artists.
- Listen to “Tear Stained Eyed” by Son Volt on Groover’s Paradise.
- “Today,” the first single from Gary Allan‘s upcoming album, will be released on Friday, June 12. Watch video of a live performance on NashvilleGab.
- Leave a comment at Country California to win an autographed copy of Chuck Mead‘s new album Journeyman’s Wager.
- Michael Corcoran provides a glimpse behind the relationship between Charlie Robison and his Dixie Chick ex-wife and how their split influenced his new album, Beautiful Day, which Robison compares to side one of Willie Nelson‘s Phases and Stages.
“It was intense and it was every day,” Robison says of the media glare [following the Bush comments]. The couple had seen a marriage counselor who noted that in the Dixie Chicks’ documentary “Shut Up and Sing,” Charlie Robison was off to the side while Maines and Maguire were bedside when Emily Robison was about to give birth to twins in 2005. “He was wondering what that meant and I said, ‘They were filming a documentary!’ They were making a movie that I didn’t feel a part of.”
- Gretchen Wilson‘s new single, “If I Could Do It All Again,” is available for digital download. (Amazon | iTunes)
- In terms of satisfaction, how does having your first child compare to meeting/dating Kellie Pickler? Find out on Farce the Music’s “The Best Days of Your Life” graph.
- Now that is a nice rack.
- Starting today, Brad Paisley will digitally release one song a week from his new album, American Saturday Night, until its release on June 30. Today’s song is “Water” (iTunes).
- SunsetPark: As a Pennsylvanian to this day, thanks for the list. I haven't heard the Quecreek song and so can't …
- Paul W Dennis: I would urge readers to check out the Billy Edd Wheeler salute on October 18, 2014. Billy Edd Wheeler is …
- Leeann Ward: I'm really liking Pink's folk duo song! I'm looking forward to the album!
- Donald: LOS, you made me giggle. Thank you.
- luckyoldsun: An in related news, an E.P.A. inspector is preparing to slap the cuffs on Nancy Jones tomorrow.
- luckyoldsun: Looks like old Lynn is not done saying "I beg your pardon..."
- luckyoldsun: And I hear that Pretty Boy Floyd wasn't exactly the gentleman eulogized by Woody Guthrie (and that he didn't set …
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Jeremy, I wish you the very best of luck with the release. Your moderator pick is a fine one.
- Jeremy Dylan: That FTM playlist is a grand way to spend an afternoon. SHAMELESS PLUG Btw, any Engine145 readers in Nashville on Monday night, …
- David Cantwell: Amen, Brother Barry.