Lorrie Morgan Celebrates 25th Anniversary with Opry
- Lorrie Morgan celebrates her 25th anniversary as an Opry member tonight.
- On the subject of songs that got away, John Anderson admits that he turned down “Baby’s Got Her Blue Jeans On,” not knowing that it was Conway Twitty who originally sent the song his way. It was a missed opportunity, but he hopes to have a few classics on his new album, Bigger Hands.
New releases for the week of June 9, 2009 include:
- Nathan Rabin announced that his former weekly Nashville or Bust column is moving to a bi-weekly format, but not without publishing a new article this week on Tom T. Hall, who he says he’s proud to put high in his personal pantheon of good country artists.
- Listen to “Tear Stained Eyed” by Son Volt on Groover’s Paradise.
- “Today,” the first single from Gary Allan‘s upcoming album, will be released on Friday, June 12. Watch video of a live performance on NashvilleGab.
- Leave a comment at Country California to win an autographed copy of Chuck Mead‘s new album Journeyman’s Wager.
- Michael Corcoran provides a glimpse behind the relationship between Charlie Robison and his Dixie Chick ex-wife and how their split influenced his new album, Beautiful Day, which Robison compares to side one of Willie Nelson‘s Phases and Stages.
“It was intense and it was every day,” Robison says of the media glare [following the Bush comments]. The couple had seen a marriage counselor who noted that in the Dixie Chicks’ documentary “Shut Up and Sing,” Charlie Robison was off to the side while Maines and Maguire were bedside when Emily Robison was about to give birth to twins in 2005. “He was wondering what that meant and I said, ‘They were filming a documentary!’ They were making a movie that I didn’t feel a part of.”
- Gretchen Wilson‘s new single, “If I Could Do It All Again,” is available for digital download. (Amazon | iTunes)
- In terms of satisfaction, how does having your first child compare to meeting/dating Kellie Pickler? Find out on Farce the Music’s “The Best Days of Your Life” graph.
- Now that is a nice rack.
- Starting today, Brad Paisley will digitally release one song a week from his new album, American Saturday Night, until its release on June 30. Today’s song is “Water” (iTunes).
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.