Little Big Town Announces Tour Dates; WDVX Celebrates 15 Years; New Album Releases
- Airing November 10-16 (check local listings) on PBS: Austin City Limits Presents: Americana Music Festival 2012. The list of performances looks pretty darn good.
- Give a listen to rockabilly artist JD McPherson’s recent Philadelphia show.
- Yesterday, bluegrass/Americana radio station WDVX celebrated its 15th birthday. (warning: autoplay)
- Sammy Kershaw and his band are uninjured after a car collided with their tour bus on Friday. Both car and bus were majorly damaged, and the other driver was hospitalized with injuries.
- Chris Mateer interviewed Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson about their new collaboration, Wreck & Ruin.
- Ronnie Dunn to “baby boomers and beyond” regarding the digital era: If you’re a baby boomer and feeling like YOUR kind (genre) of music …”country music”, etc. has been tossed by the wayside and you have been left in the dust, this is your opportunity to take your COUNTRY back. Do yourself a favor. Learn to download asap. The music business has, most definitely placed it’s focus and energy on developing a MUCH YOUNGER than normal demographic because the market has become digital. Baby boomers and beyond do not download music like Generation X. The music industry, especially the “COUNTRY” music business….in, “do or die” fashion, leap frogged over your age group to get to that very young demographic.
- Tift Merritt played “To Myself” for WFUV.
- Rascal Flatts and Hayden Panettiere will host the CMT Artists of the Year special, scheduled to premiere December 8.
- Carrie Underwood will perform at the American Music Awards.
- Last week, SESAC honored the Avett Brothers with the Summit Award “in recognition of their unprecedented rise from small club performers to a major headline act.”
- Our pal Dave Woods interviewed Paul Brandt about new album Just As I Am, which includes guests John Anderson, Patty Loveless, and others.
- This week’s album releases:
Creedence Clearwater Revival – The Ultimate Creedence Clearwater Revival: Greatest Hits & All-Time Classics
Charley Pride – Did You Think to Pray (remastered)
Sugar & The Hi-Lows – Snow Angel
Nancy Wood – My Story
Paul Kelly – Spring & Fall
Lilly Hiatt – Let Down (vinyl edition)