Lee Ann Womack Splits with Universal Music Group; Sugarland Stage Collapse Victims Agree to Settlement; New Music Videos
- The trailer for the upcoming Brad Pitt movie Killing Them Softly features Johnny Cash’s “The Man Comes Around.”
- Lee Ann Womack and Universal Music Group have parted ways.
- Garth Brooks has been added to the Teachers Rock benefit concert, which will be televised by CBS on 8/17.
- Ottawa Country Music Hall of Famer Jimmy Mayhew passed away.
- The Beaumont Enterprise did a quick interview with Texas singer/songwriter Drew Kennedy.
- American Songwriter has an interview with songwriter Ralph Murphy.
- Check out new music from Jessica Andrews called “The Clown.”
- Collin Raye has released a new single as well, this one’s called “Never Gonna Stand for This.”
- Vince Gill, Rodney Crowell, Tony Brown, Eddie Bayers, Michael Rhodes, and Paul Franklin will reunite as the Notorious Cherry Bombs for a fundraiser in honor of an old friend on 8/21 at 3rd & Lindsey in Nashville. Emmylou Harris will also be making an appearance.
- Keith Urban is mixing things up while recording his next album, opting for all new songwriters, producers and recording locations: “I wanted to have everything around me be totally unfamiliar to me, and I think it’s great in a sense that all sorts of stuff is coming out that I normally haven’t done before,” he says.
- New music videos from the past week or so:
Mary Chapin Carpenter – “Soul Companion”
Carrie Underwood – “Blown Away”
Heidi Newfield – “Why’d You Have to Be So Good?”
Jeremy Duggins – “One Nation Under God”
Marty Falle – “Hoochie Coochie Gal”
Angela Hesse- “Hot Summertime”
Brandon Kirkley and the Firecrackers – “Settle It Down”
Mike Gouchie – “Don’t Touch the Radio”
Georgia Fall – “I Wonder”
Kindle Creek – “Jump”
The Bostocks – “Another Lifetime”
Dana Romanello – “It’s a Summer Thing”
Mic Harrison & The High Score – “Out of the Blue”