LeAnn Rimes and Husband Split; New Lee Ann Womack Video; Slaid Cleaves in Stuido 1A
- LeAnn Rimes and her husband split.
- On August 9, Shelby Lynne will make a guest appearance on the Lifetime series Army Wives and debut two new songs, “Like a Fool” and “Beat the Blues.”
- Jimmy Carter has lots of coverage from Alan Jackson‘s Aquapalooza concert over the weekend.
- Watch the new video for Lee Ann Womack‘s “Solitary Thinking.” (via That Nashville Sound)
- Since her April 4 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Wanda Jackson says her name is bigger than it’s ever been before, which is good for business.
- The New York Times‘ Jon Caramanica says Randy Travis and his band had few missteps during their performance at the Community Theater at Mayo Center for the Performing Arts on Saturday night.
- Megan Mullins uploaded a cover of “You Ain’t That Lonely Yet” to YouTube. (via Twitter)
- Originally scheduled for an August 25 release, Phil Vassar‘s next release was pushed back to November.
- In an article for The Boston Globe, Joan Anderman wrote about a more open Keith Urban since serving time in rehab.
- Ken Tucker calls Jack Ingram one of his new favorite interviewees.
- Via email:
Famed country signer and actor Kris Kristofferson made a guest appearance at a Fog City Wrestling event in San Francisco, CA. Mr. Kristofferson was in audience to watch his son Jodi Kristofferson debut as a pro-wrestler.
source: Fog City Wrestling (www.fogcitywrestling.com)
- Sugarland‘s 2004 debut album Twice the Speed of Life is currently $2.99 on Amazon. (via Country Universe)
- Amazon also has several singles available for free from Marcia Ball, Reckless Kelly and Phil Stacey.
- Despite only having a two-day notice, Sarah Buxton relishes the opportunity she had to open for Keith Urban in Phoenix on Saturday night.
- Listen to an interview and song performances from Slaid Cleaves in KUT’s Studio 1A.
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.