LeAnn Rimes and Husband Split; New Lee Ann Womack Video; Slaid Cleaves in Stuido 1A
- LeAnn Rimes and her husband split.
- On August 9, Shelby Lynne will make a guest appearance on the Lifetime series Army Wives and debut two new songs, “Like a Fool” and “Beat the Blues.”
- Jimmy Carter has lots of coverage from Alan Jackson‘s Aquapalooza concert over the weekend.
- Watch the new video for Lee Ann Womack‘s “Solitary Thinking.” (via That Nashville Sound)
- Since her April 4 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Wanda Jackson says her name is bigger than it’s ever been before, which is good for business.
- The New York Times‘ Jon Caramanica says Randy Travis and his band had few missteps during their performance at the Community Theater at Mayo Center for the Performing Arts on Saturday night.
- Megan Mullins uploaded a cover of “You Ain’t That Lonely Yet” to YouTube. (via Twitter)
- Originally scheduled for an August 25 release, Phil Vassar‘s next release was pushed back to November.
- In an article for The Boston Globe, Joan Anderman wrote about a more open Keith Urban since serving time in rehab.
- Ken Tucker calls Jack Ingram one of his new favorite interviewees.
- Via email:
Famed country signer and actor Kris Kristofferson made a guest appearance at a Fog City Wrestling event in San Francisco, CA. Mr. Kristofferson was in audience to watch his son Jodi Kristofferson debut as a pro-wrestler.
source: Fog City Wrestling (www.fogcitywrestling.com)
- Sugarland‘s 2004 debut album Twice the Speed of Life is currently $2.99 on Amazon. (via Country Universe)
- Amazon also has several singles available for free from Marcia Ball, Reckless Kelly and Phil Stacey.
- Despite only having a two-day notice, Sarah Buxton relishes the opportunity she had to open for Keith Urban in Phoenix on Saturday night.
- Listen to an interview and song performances from Slaid Cleaves in KUT’s Studio 1A.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.