LeAnn Rimes and Husband Split; New Lee Ann Womack Video; Slaid Cleaves in Stuido 1A
- LeAnn Rimes and her husband split.
- On August 9, Shelby Lynne will make a guest appearance on the Lifetime series Army Wives and debut two new songs, “Like a Fool” and “Beat the Blues.”
- Jimmy Carter has lots of coverage from Alan Jackson‘s Aquapalooza concert over the weekend.
- Watch the new video for Lee Ann Womack‘s “Solitary Thinking.” (via That Nashville Sound)
- Since her April 4 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Wanda Jackson says her name is bigger than it’s ever been before, which is good for business.
- The New York Times‘ Jon Caramanica says Randy Travis and his band had few missteps during their performance at the Community Theater at Mayo Center for the Performing Arts on Saturday night.
- Megan Mullins uploaded a cover of “You Ain’t That Lonely Yet” to YouTube. (via Twitter)
- Originally scheduled for an August 25 release, Phil Vassar‘s next release was pushed back to November.
- In an article for The Boston Globe, Joan Anderman wrote about a more open Keith Urban since serving time in rehab.
- Ken Tucker calls Jack Ingram one of his new favorite interviewees.
- Via email:
Famed country signer and actor Kris Kristofferson made a guest appearance at a Fog City Wrestling event in San Francisco, CA. Mr. Kristofferson was in audience to watch his son Jodi Kristofferson debut as a pro-wrestler.
source: Fog City Wrestling (www.fogcitywrestling.com)
- Sugarland‘s 2004 debut album Twice the Speed of Life is currently $2.99 on Amazon. (via Country Universe)
- Amazon also has several singles available for free from Marcia Ball, Reckless Kelly and Phil Stacey.
- Despite only having a two-day notice, Sarah Buxton relishes the opportunity she had to open for Keith Urban in Phoenix on Saturday night.
- Listen to an interview and song performances from Slaid Cleaves in KUT’s Studio 1A.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …
- nm: Agreed. A good job by three very smart women.
- Deremy Jylan: The Hight piece is tremendous reading.
- Juli Thanki: Much like the music of Aldean and FGL, Michelob Ultra is favored by college kids and too much exposure will …
- Tom: ...michelob ultra seems to be a brew from hell.