LeAnn Rimes and Husband Split; New Lee Ann Womack Video; Slaid Cleaves in Stuido 1A
- LeAnn Rimes and her husband split.
- On August 9, Shelby Lynne will make a guest appearance on the Lifetime series Army Wives and debut two new songs, “Like a Fool” and “Beat the Blues.”
- Jimmy Carter has lots of coverage from Alan Jackson‘s Aquapalooza concert over the weekend.
- Watch the new video for Lee Ann Womack‘s “Solitary Thinking.” (via That Nashville Sound)
- Since her April 4 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Wanda Jackson says her name is bigger than it’s ever been before, which is good for business.
- The New York Times‘ Jon Caramanica says Randy Travis and his band had few missteps during their performance at the Community Theater at Mayo Center for the Performing Arts on Saturday night.
- Megan Mullins uploaded a cover of “You Ain’t That Lonely Yet” to YouTube. (via Twitter)
- Originally scheduled for an August 25 release, Phil Vassar‘s next release was pushed back to November.
- In an article for The Boston Globe, Joan Anderman wrote about a more open Keith Urban since serving time in rehab.
- Ken Tucker calls Jack Ingram one of his new favorite interviewees.
- Via email:
Famed country signer and actor Kris Kristofferson made a guest appearance at a Fog City Wrestling event in San Francisco, CA. Mr. Kristofferson was in audience to watch his son Jodi Kristofferson debut as a pro-wrestler.
source: Fog City Wrestling (www.fogcitywrestling.com)
- Sugarland‘s 2004 debut album Twice the Speed of Life is currently $2.99 on Amazon. (via Country Universe)
- Amazon also has several singles available for free from Marcia Ball, Reckless Kelly and Phil Stacey.
- Despite only having a two-day notice, Sarah Buxton relishes the opportunity she had to open for Keith Urban in Phoenix on Saturday night.
- Listen to an interview and song performances from Slaid Cleaves in KUT’s Studio 1A.
- luckyoldsun: Got to go with "The Ballad of Forty Dollars." Funny, if you saw the title and started listening to that song …
- Randy Prewitt: I would have to say my favorite Tom T.Hall song is "The Day Clayton Delaney Died.He has so many great …
- KathyP: "Faster Horses." Which reminds me I need to add it to my digital library.
- Leeann Ward: "Me and Jesus" and "Harper Valley PTA" are my favorites, I think. But I agree with Paul that it's not …
- Chad: "I Love" of course!
- nm: I enjoyed that Nashville recap from the Fug Girls, but the absolutely best recaps are in the Nashville Scene, by …
- Donald: "Don't Forget the Coffee, Billy Joe" is just one of my many favourites!
- paul w dennis: My favorite TTH sings are "I Can't Dance" and St. Louis Named A Shoe After Me" Of course, that just …
- luckyoldsun: Actually, it strikes me as a rather iffy subject for a museum. What kind of exhibits would they have? Jones …
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …