Kristy Lee Cook Hooks Up With Arista Nashville; Single Due In August
- American Idol’s Kristy Lee Cook scored a record deal with 19 Recordings/Arista Nashville. Her first single, “15 Minutes of Shame,” will hit radio on August 11 and her full album is due out sometime this fall. Last month, in his article proclaiming country music as American Idol’s uncomfortable bedfellow, Matt predicted that she’d be signed to a major label deal. It’s yet to be seen whether American Idol will ask her back for a performance, thus making him a successful two-fer on predictions.
- Edward Morris has an excellent recap of the Country Music Hall of Fame induction ceremony, for The Statler Brothers and Tom. T. Hall, to go along with the Hall’s official press release.
- The title of greatest woman in country music, according to Country Universe, goes to the discernible Dolly Parton.
- Keith Urban released a greatest hits album last fall titled Keith Urban Greatest Hits: 18 Kids, where kids are a metaphor for songs. On August 19th, the album will be altered to read 19 Kids when”You Look Good In My Shirt” is added to the track listing. (read Ben’s review of the added song)
- Mike Severson on last night’s Nashville Star:
I do admit a couple of the contestants were fairly good and have potential, but there was only one future star on stage and that was Natalie Hemby.
No she’s not a finalist, but rather was the backup singer for Blake Shelton on his performance of “Home” last night.
- The Tennessean readers offer their own varied opinions about Nashville Star, with one reader calling it “a cringing embarrassment to Music City” and another declaring that “the good far outweighs the few negatives, and Nashville Star shines.”
- Sugarland will go on a 25-city tour to promote their newest album and they’ve invited Ashton Shepherd and Kellie Pickler to join them. Totally twangy.
- Craig Bickhardt takes a Robert Frost essay on poetry and applies the same principles to songwriting, even including examples.
- Over the past couple of months we’ve received several emails about Adam Gregory, so here’s his video for “Crazy Days.” Let us know what you think.
- luckyoldsun: MH-- "...divisive, dismissive and argumentative." There's a shock. Who'da thunk it.
- MH: Looks like the IBMA is finding out what a lot of us already knew about former & frequent Engine 145 …
- Tom: ...it is almost the year 2015 - ain't it about time we leave people (celebrities included) having the personal relations …
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.