Krauss, Gill to Join Swift for CMA Awards Performance; Outlaw Music Hall of Fame to Reveal Inductees; New Music Videos
- Garth Brooks sent a cryptic email to his mailing list that has fans wondering if he’ll soon reveal news of a new album and tour: “The sevens have aligned. It has begun… Thank you for believing…love, g.”
- Kellie Pickler received the Warrior Award from the USO of North Carolina at their 9th Annual Salute to Freedom Gala in Raleigh.
- Alison Krauss, Sam Bush, Edgar Meyer, Vince Gill, and Eric Darken will join Taylor Swift at the CMA Awards for her performance of “Red.”
- The Outlaw Music Hall of Fame, scheduled to open next spring in Lynchburg, Tenn., will unveil its inaugural class of inductees on October 26.
- Until he can be mentally evaluated, the man charged with stalking John Rich has been court-ordered to wear a GPS tracking device.
- Jonathan Singleton has a new publishing deal with Big Machine and an independent album called The Getaway coming out this fall.
- Emily West and KS Rhoads will release a Christmas EP together this holiday season.
- Dolly Parton raps on today’s episode of The Queen Latifah Show.
- CMT Edge’s Stephen Deusner listed ten new albums for fans of classic country.
- Kenny Chesney made a donation to help the Coastal Conservation Association fund the construction of two man-made reefs in the mouth of Jacksonville’s St. John River.
- Sarah Darling and Casey James will perform at the National Association for Music Education’s Salute to Music Teachers at the Grand Ole Opry House on October 27.
- The indefatigable C.M. Wilcox posted another edition of Quotable Country over at Country California.
- Johnny Lee had some disparaging things to say about Travis Tritt’s behavior toward a handicapped autograph seeker. Tritt denies the accusations.
- Kip Moore will launch his headlining tour in mid-November. Moore, Sheryl Crow, Luke Bryan and Charles Esten were among Nashville’s 25 Most Beautiful People as selected by Nashville Lifestyles. Our own Barry Mazor was mysteriously left off the list.
- Kelly Clarkson unveiled “Underneath the Tree,” one of the tracks on her upcoming Wrapped in Red holiday album.
- Toby Keith on the current hip-hop trend in country: “Is that what I need every one of my songs to sound like now? But . . . I’m not going to change much. And when it quits working, I’ve got other stuff to do.”
- Clay Walker will host his fourth annual Chords of Hope Benefit Concert in Nashville on October 30 to raise money for the MS Center at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Greg Bates and Craig Campbell are volunteering their time as well.
- New music videos from the past couple weeks:
The Breedings – “Tennessee”
Quiet Life – “San Luis Obispo”
Jason Blaine – “Feels Like That”
Hunter Hayes and Jason Mraz – “Everybody’s Got Somebody But Me”
Mike Aiken – “Dance with the Wind”
Meredith Andrews – “Pieces”
Sam Baker – “Feast”
Florida Georgia Line – “Stay”
The Henningsens – “I Miss You”
The Barefoot Movement – “Second Time Around”
Shannon Labrie – “Slow Dance”
Mandolin Orange – “House of Stone”
Steep Canyon Rangers – “Tell the Ones I Love”
Jason Crabb – “Love is Stronger”
Alan Jackson – “Blacktop”
Joey+Rory – “Amazing Grace”
Marc Broussard – “The Beauty of Who You Are” (Live)
Ricky Skaggs and Bruce Hornsby – “The Way It Is” (Live on Conan)
Chris Young – “Change the World”
Lisa Brokop – “Let It Burn”
Baylou – “These Lips”
Outshyne – “Moonlight Crush”
Julie Roberts – “He Made a Woman Out of Me”
- nm: That's sad but not unexpected news about Ray Price. So far as this being the Year of the Woman (or not) …
- Arlene: The failure of Jason Isbell's "Southeastern," to garner a Grammy nomination for Best Americana album is a shame (or as …
- bruce: Aaron Watson's song/video is described in one word. Beautiful.
- Leeann Ward: I'll just go ahead and say it. I was impressed with how well Carrie did with the singing. I'm a …
- TexasVet: From MusicRow: Underwood’s ‘The Sound of Music Live!’ Brings In 19.3 Million Viewers earned NBC its biggest audience on the night …
- nm: I'd love to see a version of TSoM that managed to sneak in a new number or two based on …
- Barry Mazor: That any version of "Sound of Music" would be "trying to replace the cats of the movie" is an hysterically …
- TexasVet: The Von Trapps had some stinging comments concerning Underwood’s “Spound of Music” part. I think they pose some legitimate …
- tncheesehead: reading the story behind the Paisley/Underwood lawsuit I would guess that yes the idea was stolen - too many coincidences …
- BRUCE: Interesting lawsuit against Paisley & Underwood plus Sony. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The Von Trapps …