Kimberly Roads Of Little Big Town Gave Birth To Daisy Pearl
- In the wake of Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton, Porter Wagoner says he never had the desire to go beyond what he is–a good country singer and a good country songwriter. The Wall Street Journal on Wagoner:
Porter Wagoner has been, very arguably, the most significant, surprising, emotionally penetrating country music performer of the past 50 years who’s nevertheless remained a cipher, or even a rhinestone-festooned comic caricature, to audiences outside of the stone country core. The Country Hall of Famer looks at that career path, so different from the crossover pop moves of his late friend Johnny Cash and protégée Dolly Parton, with the same observant frankness that marked his hit renditions of such lasting, unblinking ballads as “Satisfied Mind,” “Green Green Grass of Home” and the tellingly titled “The Cold Hard Facts of Life.” (via GAC)
- Listen: The first single, “Long Line of Losers”, from Kevin Fowler’s upcoming album is currently available to listen to on his MySpace.
- Edward Morris doles out the secret to becoming a country music expert.
- In the first entry on his blog Adam Hood gives some of his own advice to singers/songwriters just getting started: “screw the guitar lessons and go to business school!”
- Michael Martin Murphey says that his lifestyle and music have come together in recent years:
I’ve sang more about what I’m living day to day. Not that my music before wasn’t based on my personal experience. It was more psychological, poetic music about relationships. Now I’m talking about day to day life as a rancher and cowboy and the values that come from that.”
- Kimberly Roads of Little Big Town gave birth to a baby girl last Friday. She named her Daisy Pearl.
- Andrew Dansby lists 20 songs that he considers great Last Songs (the last song on an album). Coming in at the end is “Let Him Fly” from the Dixie Chicks’ album Fly. What are some of your favorite Last Songs?
- City Girl, Country Girl uses adjectives like “less enthralling” and “disappointing” to describe the latest Waylon Jennings release, Never Say Die: The Complete Final Concert.
- A sweet concert poster.
- Described as one of the fastest rising stars in Texas, Rich O’Toole answers 20 questions for Galleywinter.
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.