Kenny Rogers To Celebrate 50 Years of Music with TV Special; Stream Johnny Cash
- To celebrate 50 years of making music, Kenny Rogers will be the honoree of a star-studded TV special. The event will be filmed on April 10 and already has commitments from Dolly Parton, Alison Krauss, Lionel Richie, and Wynonna Judd.
- The folks over at Lost Highway Music are streaming the title track to Johnny Cash‘s forthcoming album and created a “Wear Black For Johnny” Facebook event to celebrate his 78th birthday.
- Speaking of Facebook, we’ve created a new page for The 9513, so if that’s your thing, be sure to follow us over there.
- Rascal Flatts celebrated the songwriters who have written their hits on Wednesday.
“We just wanted to say thank you,” LeVox said. “We don’t just have professional relationships with these cats, we have personal relationships with them, too.
- Kelly Clarkson vs. Scott Borchetta. Choose your side.
- My Kind of Country recently reviewed two of Gary Allan‘s older records: Used Heart for Sale and It Would Be You.
- The Statler Brothers joined Dailey & Vincent on Wednesday at the Country Music Hall of Fame for the duo’s release of their new Cracker Barrel album, Dailey & Vincent Sing The Statler Brothers.
- Grant Alden’s main concern with the new Dailey & Vincent record is its lack of swing.
- Music Fog: Kristen Kelly & Modern Day Drifters – “Lost In Yourself”
- The first new album from Jason & the Scorchers since 1996 is due out on Feb. 23.
- Sugarland will head out on their 2010 tour, The Incredible Machine, on April 23.
- Country California Fake News: All ACM Performances to Be Duets with Taylor Swift
- Although he’s not touring right now, Dwight Yoakam hopes the shows he does choose help bring a temporary peace of mind to the audiences.
- Download “Great American Trainwreck” from the new Eleven Hundred Springs album for free on the DC9 at Night blog.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …
- nm: Agreed. A good job by three very smart women.
- Deremy Jylan: The Hight piece is tremendous reading.
- Juli Thanki: Much like the music of Aldean and FGL, Michelob Ultra is favored by college kids and too much exposure will …
- Tom: ...michelob ultra seems to be a brew from hell.