Kenny Rogers To Celebrate 50 Years of Music with TV Special; Stream Johnny Cash
- To celebrate 50 years of making music, Kenny Rogers will be the honoree of a star-studded TV special. The event will be filmed on April 10 and already has commitments from Dolly Parton, Alison Krauss, Lionel Richie, and Wynonna Judd.
- The folks over at Lost Highway Music are streaming the title track to Johnny Cash‘s forthcoming album and created a “Wear Black For Johnny” Facebook event to celebrate his 78th birthday.
- Speaking of Facebook, we’ve created a new page for The 9513, so if that’s your thing, be sure to follow us over there.
- Rascal Flatts celebrated the songwriters who have written their hits on Wednesday.
“We just wanted to say thank you,” LeVox said. “We don’t just have professional relationships with these cats, we have personal relationships with them, too.
- Kelly Clarkson vs. Scott Borchetta. Choose your side.
- My Kind of Country recently reviewed two of Gary Allan‘s older records: Used Heart for Sale and It Would Be You.
- The Statler Brothers joined Dailey & Vincent on Wednesday at the Country Music Hall of Fame for the duo’s release of their new Cracker Barrel album, Dailey & Vincent Sing The Statler Brothers.
- Grant Alden’s main concern with the new Dailey & Vincent record is its lack of swing.
- Music Fog: Kristen Kelly & Modern Day Drifters – “Lost In Yourself”
- The first new album from Jason & the Scorchers since 1996 is due out on Feb. 23.
- Sugarland will head out on their 2010 tour, The Incredible Machine, on April 23.
- Country California Fake News: All ACM Performances to Be Duets with Taylor Swift
- Although he’s not touring right now, Dwight Yoakam hopes the shows he does choose help bring a temporary peace of mind to the audiences.
- Download “Great American Trainwreck” from the new Eleven Hundred Springs album for free on the DC9 at Night blog.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.