Kenny Chesney’s Crushed Bones Turn Out To Be Hematoma
- Reports calling Kenny Chesney‘s foot incident “bone-crushing” were a bit premature. Although no bones were broken he did sustain a hematoma from the ankle down, with most of the damage in his toes. Fortunately for him and his fans he’ll be able to continue his tour.
- Edward Morris and Travis Tackett provided some fantastic recaps of the Country Music Hall of Fame induction ceremony for Emmylou Harris and Ernest V. “Pop” Stoneman.
- It turns out that the man that songwriter Richard Fagan is accused of killing was the father of former Saturday Night Live cast member Cheri Oteri. I’ll have to agree with The 9513 reader Katie, Monday was a truly bizarre news day.
- Bobbie Gentry lands at No. 67 on Country Universe’s “100 Greatest Women” feature. This is good stuff and it should get even more interesting once it passes the halfway threshold.
- The upcoming Emmylou Harris album, All I Intended To Be, was recorded over a four-year period with her longtime producer Brian Ahern at his studio in Nashville and will contain original material and some of Harris’ all-time favorite songs, featuring guest vocals by Dolly Parton, Vince Gill and Buddy Miller.
- Several musicians, friends and/or fans offer up their favorite Willie Nelson songs:
Todd Snider: “I consider all Willie Nelson songs locked in an infinite tie with themselves for first place. Why? Judging Willie Nelson songs is like trying to figure out whether you should thank God for the oceans or the mountains . . .”
- Congrats to Kelly and The Gobbler’s Knob for making it through the first year of blogging!
- Referring to news reports about her ten-year relationship with Roger Clemens, Mindy McCready said “I cannot refute anything in the story.”
- Glen Campbell will be previewing material from his forthcoming album, Meet Glen Campbell, at the Stagecoach Festival.
- Head over to Galleywinter to read Brad’s wrap-up of this year’s LJT’s Texas Music Festival. For fans of Red Dirt/Texas music it’ll make you feel envious that you weren’t there. He provides a lot of behind the scenes info and says one of the performances was the most powerful music experience he’s ever been a part of. Good stuff.
- Commenting on what is was like to return to producer Keith Stegall for his album Good Time, Alan Jackson said “it was like cruise control.” ASCAP threw a party for the singer on Monday for his 32nd No. 1 single, “Small Town Southern Man.”
- Check out Twang Nation for a chance to win one of the new Chris LeDoux CD/DVD collections.
- ASCAP officially launched a “Bill of Rights for Songwriters and Composers” today to remind the public, members of the music industry and U.S. legislators of the central role and rights of those who conceive and create music.
- Tim McGraw‘s first fragrance, “McGraw by Tim McGraw,” will be available in August.
The rectangular glass bottle features a silver cap and a black leather-like collar to suggest the brim of his cowboy hat. The carton has a matte black texture with a silver embossed pick on top and rope running along each panel.
- Hickory Wind’s Stacy Chandler recounts the highlights and lowlights of Merlefest.
- Friends and fans of Willie share their birthday wishes via video, and Merle Haggard offers his own, too, “Congratulations, Willie — you’ve outlived your dick!”
- Dave D.: I never expected to see a shout out to the Cameron Family Singers today (or any day, for that matter). …
- nm: Duncan Cooper is not wrong.
- bob: Re Herndon, O'Neal & Griggs touring together, Herndon's "Lies I Told Myself Album" includes a duet with O'Neal, "I Can't". …
- luckyoldsun: Looks like CMT is pulling a "surprise" for its Artists' Choice countdown. They're coming up on #2 but there are …
- Jim Z: " Luke Bryan (Best Country Male Artist), Brantley Gilbert’s Just as I Am (Best Country Album), Carrie Underwood (Best Country …
- luckyoldsun: MH-- "...divisive, dismissive and argumentative." There's a shock. Who'da thunk it.
- MH: Looks like the IBMA is finding out what a lot of us already knew about former & frequent Engine 145 …
- Tom: ...it is almost the year 2015 - ain't it about time we leave people (celebrities included) having the personal relations …
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …