Kenny Chesney’s Crushed Bones Turn Out To Be Hematoma
- Reports calling Kenny Chesney‘s foot incident “bone-crushing” were a bit premature. Although no bones were broken he did sustain a hematoma from the ankle down, with most of the damage in his toes. Fortunately for him and his fans he’ll be able to continue his tour.
- Edward Morris and Travis Tackett provided some fantastic recaps of the Country Music Hall of Fame induction ceremony for Emmylou Harris and Ernest V. “Pop” Stoneman.
- It turns out that the man that songwriter Richard Fagan is accused of killing was the father of former Saturday Night Live cast member Cheri Oteri. I’ll have to agree with The 9513 reader Katie, Monday was a truly bizarre news day.
- Bobbie Gentry lands at No. 67 on Country Universe’s “100 Greatest Women” feature. This is good stuff and it should get even more interesting once it passes the halfway threshold.
- The upcoming Emmylou Harris album, All I Intended To Be, was recorded over a four-year period with her longtime producer Brian Ahern at his studio in Nashville and will contain original material and some of Harris’ all-time favorite songs, featuring guest vocals by Dolly Parton, Vince Gill and Buddy Miller.
- Several musicians, friends and/or fans offer up their favorite Willie Nelson songs:
Todd Snider: “I consider all Willie Nelson songs locked in an infinite tie with themselves for first place. Why? Judging Willie Nelson songs is like trying to figure out whether you should thank God for the oceans or the mountains . . .”
- Congrats to Kelly and The Gobbler’s Knob for making it through the first year of blogging!
- Referring to news reports about her ten-year relationship with Roger Clemens, Mindy McCready said “I cannot refute anything in the story.”
- Glen Campbell will be previewing material from his forthcoming album, Meet Glen Campbell, at the Stagecoach Festival.
- Head over to Galleywinter to read Brad’s wrap-up of this year’s LJT’s Texas Music Festival. For fans of Red Dirt/Texas music it’ll make you feel envious that you weren’t there. He provides a lot of behind the scenes info and says one of the performances was the most powerful music experience he’s ever been a part of. Good stuff.
- Commenting on what is was like to return to producer Keith Stegall for his album Good Time, Alan Jackson said “it was like cruise control.” ASCAP threw a party for the singer on Monday for his 32nd No. 1 single, “Small Town Southern Man.”
- Check out Twang Nation for a chance to win one of the new Chris LeDoux CD/DVD collections.
- ASCAP officially launched a “Bill of Rights for Songwriters and Composers” today to remind the public, members of the music industry and U.S. legislators of the central role and rights of those who conceive and create music.
- Tim McGraw‘s first fragrance, “McGraw by Tim McGraw,” will be available in August.
The rectangular glass bottle features a silver cap and a black leather-like collar to suggest the brim of his cowboy hat. The carton has a matte black texture with a silver embossed pick on top and rope running along each panel.
- Hickory Wind’s Stacy Chandler recounts the highlights and lowlights of Merlefest.
- Friends and fans of Willie share their birthday wishes via video, and Merle Haggard offers his own, too, “Congratulations, Willie — you’ve outlived your dick!”
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!
- bob: Good day with news of PrizeFighter Trisha and Drunken Martina.
- John Fuller: Oh yeah!! Crispy sweet!
- Rick Mifflin: Sublime