Kenny Chesney Launches Clothing Line; New Corb Lund; Mindy McCready Leaks Racy Video
- Kenny Chesney launched his own clothing line, Blue Chair Bay.
The singer is certain the range will capture his laid back style for the line, which features worn-in baseball caps and T-shirts starting at $35, because he’s used his non-famous friends for inspiration.
He adds, “I’ve got a shirt that says ‘Bob’s Charter’ and Bob is a buddy of mine that’s been living in the (Caribbean) islands for a long time.”
- Express-News‘ Hector Saldaña on the new Two Tons of Steel disc Not That Lucky:
…check out how Geil channels his inner Buddy Holly on Run to You, which turns the beat around on It Doesn’t Matter Anymore and dresses it up in Americana, or the album’s most haunting moment, Fred Eaglesmith’s Alcohol and Pills.
- Mindy McCready is back in the news. This time, she’s accused of stealing a hard drive belonging to Kari Ann Peniche and leaking video of the former Miss Teen USA winner with Eric Dane and Rebecca Gayheart in a state of undress.
- Digital music sales are expected to nearly equal CD sales by the end of 2010.
- Dolly Parton:
“I don’t want to retire, I hope to just fall over one day in the middle of a song and that’s how I want to go — with a smile on my face hopefully.”
- Jason Aldean‘s live concert DVD, Wide Open Live & More, won’t be released until Aug. 25, but that hasn’t stopped it from receiving a gold certification.
- Farce the Music takes on Gloriana‘s “Wild At Heart” with a parody titled “Violent Farts.”
I’ve never been one to go half-ass
So the next one came out twice as fast
This one hurt so bad I nearly cried
- Country California: The Restless Heart fan club lost its sole member and default president.
- CMT has new videos for Brad Paisley‘s “Welcome to the Future,” Chris Young‘s “Gettin’ You Home,” Gloriana‘s “Wild At Heart,” Dierks Bentley‘s “Sideways” and Mallory Hope‘s “Love Lives On.”
- Lucinda Williams scheduled a series of three-night concerts in select cities to mark the 30th anniversary of her career as a recording artist. The music will be divided into three distinct parts, marking a different phase of her career each night.
- The Gobblers Knob calls the new, self-titled disc from Porterdavis a country-blues gem.
With stomping rhythms, a menacing harmonica weaving it’s way through the melodies, and the dark, smokey and soulful vocals of Dan Barrett, much of the disc seems to be rooted in the mud of Mississippi rather than dusty soil of Texas.
- Bootleg: Doug Sahm – At The Bijou Cafe Feb 21, 1973
- Kristian Bush followed up with Decatur CD, a record store that posted an open letter criticizing the exclusive deal Sugarland made with Walmart to sell their Live On the Inside CD/DVD, last week. The mandolinist and occasional vocalist stopped by the store and signed autographs for customers and even picked up a few CDs.
- Not quite nineties stars, but not one-hit wonders either, Country Universe lists six tunes worth checking out from Ricky Trevino and Wade Hayes.
- In his latest Nashville or Bust column, Nathan Rabin focuses mainly on Emmylou Harris‘ musical relationship with Gram Parsons and says her version of “Pancho & Lefty” is perhaps the definitive, even calling it infinitely superior to Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard‘s.
A victim of tacky, overwrought ’80s production, the intro to Nelson and Haggard’s “Pancho And Lefty” sounds like the theme music for a bad detective show, with Nelson as laconic Detective Petey “Pancho” Villa and Haggard as his partner “Lefty” Jones, plus Waylon Jennings as the boys’ short-tempered sergeant and Billy Joe Shaver as a drunken police informant.
- A Truer Sound reviewed the new Corb Lund album Losin’ Lately Gambler, scheduled for a late Sept. release, and posted a couple of tracks.
- luckyoldsun: Leann- I've biked a lot of laps around Central Park over the years. If I thought it would get me to …
- Leeann: No offense to Chely Wright, but while I expect that she will make a good album, asking for $175,000 seems …
- Juli Thanki: Ha! The best way to celebrate Connie Smith Day is by marrying a younger man. Mullet optional.
- nm: But was it Connie Smith Day all day long and then from dusk to dawn?
- Deremy Jylan: I heard that Jim Lauderdale documentary is some super-duper great movie stuff. Makes Scorsese's THE LAST WALTZ look like Wiseau's …
- Barry Mazor: I'll have to see if Dr. Green's ever read 3 Lives; it's a good book.
- Juli Thanki: Rose is a rose is a rose is a yellow rose of Texas. I smell a terrible concept album!
- Barry Mazor: Pigeons on the grass, alas.. Come-a kai-yai yippy, yippy ay.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Barry, thanks for the great sentimental look at Winchester. I will admit that he is an artist that was largely …
- Arlene: Thanks for this article, Barry. It's not often that an artist brings another performer to tears during a guitar pull. …