Kenny Chesney Debuts Video On MySpace
- The video for Kenny Chesney‘s song “Out Last Night” debuted on MySpace today. Proceed with caution, you’ll never get the next three minutes and 16 seconds of your life back.
- Farce the Music sold out to make a serious recommendation for Do Wrong Right by The Devil Makes Three (MySpace). That’s the second strong endorsement for this album in as many days, which can only mean two things; it’s probably good and doesn’t sound like Kenny Chesney.
- Speaking of endorsements, Hickory Wind’s Hal Bogerd recommends Ronnie Fauss‘ New Songs for the Old Frontier: Volume One .
The opening track, “The Saddest Love That’s Ever Been Made”, has some of the saddest pedal steel guitar you’re going to hear this year and the moving closer “With Love”, about the heartbreaking loss of his father at a young age, could have been subtitled the “Saddest Song That’s Ever Been Sung”.
- Reba McEntire on her new album: “I think that my song selections are a little more hip,” she says. “I know they’re more uptempo. They’re funky, they’re sassy, they’ve got attitude.”
- The Austin Chronicle‘s Austin Powell says the latest Bloodshot release from Scott H. Biram (MySpace), Something’s Wrong/Lost Forever, is his strongest work to date.
- The newest episode of CMT Crossroads will pair Canadian rocker Bryan Adams and Jason Aldean.
- On May 11 Gretchen Peters plans to release a collection of songs drawn from 1996’s The Secret Of Life through 2007’s Burnt Toast & Offerings titled Circus Girl: The Best Of Gretchen Peters. Unfortunately the compilation will only be available in the UK and Europe, but a deluxe edition, with a second disc of rarities and an expanded collector’s edition of the booklet, will be released on both sides of the Atlantic in August. (via newsletter)
- My Kind of Country shines the spotlight on Keith Whitley.
- An article of quotes from Chucks Wicks, Julianne Hough, Rascal Flatts, Jason Aldean and the Carter Twins on the passing of Vern Gosdin can only mean one thing — Country California has a new satire piece.
- In the newest edition of his “Nashville Skyline” column, Chet Flippo rips the recent Newsweek article that deplored the current state of country music
- Phosphorescent frontman Matthew Houck, who recently released a tribute album to Willie Nelson titled To Willie, wrote about his experience of receiving a voice mail from Willie about said tribute album. (via Paste)
- Ninebullets.net on Dale Watson‘s new CD: “I defy you to not tap your feet and smile while listening to this cd. If there was an award for ‘Most Fun CD of the Year,’ The Truckin’ Sessions Vol. 2 would currently have my vote.”
- Craig Shelburne shared a hand-picked playlist of recent independent roots music that includes songs from Sara Watkins, the Flatlanders and NewFound Road among others.
- Country California’s C.M. Wilcox on the Byron Hill album Stay a While:
Given that Hill’s previous albums spent about half their time dealing wonderfully in the problems of love, it’s a little disappointing to find that everything is suddenly going so terribly right. While most of these songs are fine and even enjoyable on their own, the album sags a bit under the weight of so many of them.
He does however, recommend a couple of songs that stand out.
- jenny patrick: my favorite part of autumn is the smell of a bonfire to roast weiners and marshmallows on .
- jeanie kinman: My favorite part of Autumn is all the festivals with bands playing Bluegrass music..Come on down to Ky Joe Mullins …
- Keith Saterwhite: My favorite part of Autumn are the beautiful colors on the trees, here in the foothills of the Blueridge Mountains.
- phillip Martinez: Thanks Joe, for always the great music.
- Martin DeSimio: Fresh apple cider.
- Jessica Whited: My favorite part of autumn is the chance to have bonfires with my friends and family.
- Sandy Kapphahn: Love the fall colors!
- Erik North: Caitlin Rose has become one of my favorite female singers of any genre in this century; and I think her …
- Sandy Chatfield: My favorite part of autumn.....football!
- Teresa McGraw: My favorite part of Autumn is pulling out the sweaters.