Kellie Pickler Announces Engagement; Loretta Lynn & Willie Nelson Recordings Enter Library of Congress
- Kellie Pickler and songwriter Kyle Jacobs announced their engagement. Jacobs popped the question on June 15, the birthday of Pickler’s late grandmother.
- The New York Times‘ Jon Caramanica recapped Tuesday night’s four-hour concert, “Nashville Rising: A Benefit for Flood Recovery,” which was hosted by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. There was even a surprise appearance from Sandra Bullock.
- Jon Caramanica also reviewed a recent Elizabeth Cook gig in New York.
- Loretta Lynn‘s “Coal Miner’s Daughter” and Willie Nelson‘s Red Headed Stranger were among the 25 recordings named to the National Recording Registry of the Library of Congress on Wednesday.
- Kenny Chesney wants his next record to set the stage for the next phase of his music career in the same way he says No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems opened up the music he’s made for the past eight years. The record, due out on Sept. 28, pulls its name from the Guy Clark song “Hemingway’s Whiskey.”
Congrats to all the winners from our recent contests. We’ll be sending emails out shortly to get your shipping info.
- People magazine has reason to believe the relationship between Julianne Hough and Ryan Seacrest is getting more serious.
- Next week Jimmy Webb will release Just Across The River, an album that collects new interpretations of some of his best-known songs from artists like Vince Gill, Willie Nelson, Lucinda Williams, and yes, even Glen Campbell.
Here’s a load of recent Music Fog videos:
- Both Darrell Scott and Kris Kristofferson received high marks from Jewly Hight in American Songwriter for A Crooked Road and Please Don’t Tell Me How the Story Ends: The Publishing Demos 1968-72, their respective recent releases.
- Tim O’Brien will release his 13th solo project, Chicken & Egg, on July 13.
One Night Music bills itself as a group of people that find talented independent artists and film them candidly performing a selection of their music in an intimate setting. Sounds pretty cool, like what Music Fog does or the American Songwriter Sessions. They recently filmed their first country performance — California artist Dave Gleason, who released an album last week titled Turn and Fade. Check out the video below and visit One Night Music to watch a few more.
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider