Kellie Pickler Announces Engagement; Loretta Lynn & Willie Nelson Recordings Enter Library of Congress
- Kellie Pickler and songwriter Kyle Jacobs announced their engagement. Jacobs popped the question on June 15, the birthday of Pickler’s late grandmother.
- The New York Times‘ Jon Caramanica recapped Tuesday night’s four-hour concert, “Nashville Rising: A Benefit for Flood Recovery,” which was hosted by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. There was even a surprise appearance from Sandra Bullock.
- Jon Caramanica also reviewed a recent Elizabeth Cook gig in New York.
- Loretta Lynn‘s “Coal Miner’s Daughter” and Willie Nelson‘s Red Headed Stranger were among the 25 recordings named to the National Recording Registry of the Library of Congress on Wednesday.
- Kenny Chesney wants his next record to set the stage for the next phase of his music career in the same way he says No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems opened up the music he’s made for the past eight years. The record, due out on Sept. 28, pulls its name from the Guy Clark song “Hemingway’s Whiskey.”
Congrats to all the winners from our recent contests. We’ll be sending emails out shortly to get your shipping info.
- People magazine has reason to believe the relationship between Julianne Hough and Ryan Seacrest is getting more serious.
- Next week Jimmy Webb will release Just Across The River, an album that collects new interpretations of some of his best-known songs from artists like Vince Gill, Willie Nelson, Lucinda Williams, and yes, even Glen Campbell.
Here’s a load of recent Music Fog videos:
- Both Darrell Scott and Kris Kristofferson received high marks from Jewly Hight in American Songwriter for A Crooked Road and Please Don’t Tell Me How the Story Ends: The Publishing Demos 1968-72, their respective recent releases.
- Tim O’Brien will release his 13th solo project, Chicken & Egg, on July 13.
One Night Music bills itself as a group of people that find talented independent artists and film them candidly performing a selection of their music in an intimate setting. Sounds pretty cool, like what Music Fog does or the American Songwriter Sessions. They recently filmed their first country performance — California artist Dave Gleason, who released an album last week titled Turn and Fade. Check out the video below and visit One Night Music to watch a few more.
- Tom: ...it is almost the year 2015 - ain't it about time we leave people (celebrities included) having the personal relations …
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …