Kellie Pickler Announces Engagement; Loretta Lynn & Willie Nelson Recordings Enter Library of Congress
- Kellie Pickler and songwriter Kyle Jacobs announced their engagement. Jacobs popped the question on June 15, the birthday of Pickler’s late grandmother.
- The New York Times‘ Jon Caramanica recapped Tuesday night’s four-hour concert, “Nashville Rising: A Benefit for Flood Recovery,” which was hosted by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. There was even a surprise appearance from Sandra Bullock.
- Jon Caramanica also reviewed a recent Elizabeth Cook gig in New York.
- Loretta Lynn‘s “Coal Miner’s Daughter” and Willie Nelson‘s Red Headed Stranger were among the 25 recordings named to the National Recording Registry of the Library of Congress on Wednesday.
- Kenny Chesney wants his next record to set the stage for the next phase of his music career in the same way he says No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems opened up the music he’s made for the past eight years. The record, due out on Sept. 28, pulls its name from the Guy Clark song “Hemingway’s Whiskey.”
Congrats to all the winners from our recent contests. We’ll be sending emails out shortly to get your shipping info.
- People magazine has reason to believe the relationship between Julianne Hough and Ryan Seacrest is getting more serious.
- Next week Jimmy Webb will release Just Across The River, an album that collects new interpretations of some of his best-known songs from artists like Vince Gill, Willie Nelson, Lucinda Williams, and yes, even Glen Campbell.
Here’s a load of recent Music Fog videos:
- Both Darrell Scott and Kris Kristofferson received high marks from Jewly Hight in American Songwriter for A Crooked Road and Please Don’t Tell Me How the Story Ends: The Publishing Demos 1968-72, their respective recent releases.
- Tim O’Brien will release his 13th solo project, Chicken & Egg, on July 13.
One Night Music bills itself as a group of people that find talented independent artists and film them candidly performing a selection of their music in an intimate setting. Sounds pretty cool, like what Music Fog does or the American Songwriter Sessions. They recently filmed their first country performance — California artist Dave Gleason, who released an album last week titled Turn and Fade. Check out the video below and visit One Night Music to watch a few more.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.