Keith Urban T-Shirts Now Made With Recycled Plastic
- Keith Urban has partnered with a company to help make his t-shirts more environmentally-friendly by being partially made from recycled plastic bottles. At the same time, Kenny Chesney says his tour requires 55 trucks and 28 buses to make everything work.
- Who didn’t see this one coming years ago? Dolly Parton postponed her tour, citing back problems and she even acknowledges her “puppies” while making light of the injury. The woman is business savvy, though, you gotta hand it to her–she knows how to keep abreast of her publicity duties while not able to perform.
- Loretta Lynn, John Michael Montgomery, and John Conlee have been added to the list of presenters and performers for the February 21 Kentucky Music Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Loretta Lynn will induct her sister, Crystal Gayle. Tom T. Hall and Ralph Emery will act as presenters and Dwight Yoakam, an inductee, will perform as well.
- Do blogs have an impact on music sales?
NYU Stern Professor Vasant Dhar, an expert in the strategic implications of information technology, finds that the volume of blog posts featured on the Internet before an album’s release can significantly affect future album sales, and in turn predict sales for record labels. This is the first study to quantify the economic impact of user-generated content for the music industry.
The linked press release goes on to say, “If the albums blogged about were associated with a major record label, sales increased five-fold.”
- I didn’t see the episode, but here’s Rolling Stones recap of the horse shit that gets broadcast on CMT nowadays. At least it’s got something in common with country music–train wrecks…
- When Matthew Knowles purchased Compadre Records Logan Rogers was laid off, but it allowed him to start his own label, Lightning Rod Records. For now James McMurtry is the only artist on the label, but Rogers says he may sign someone else this year. His criteria for signing artists is finding established touring acts.
- If you have aspirations to become the next Nashville Star then check out the open casting calls schedule. The first two cities have already been visited and the next two will be tomorrow in Charlotte, NC and Kansas City, MO.
- Bobby P.: Thanks for the link to my one hit wonder article!
- Leeann: I'm glad you reviewed this album. I think your rating is what I'd give it too. It's a good album, …
- luckyoldsun: That Bobby Bare/Bill Parsons story has been often told, but I still don't quite understand how two then-nobodies could go …
- Leeann: The Jack Clement album is quite good!
- Donald: "Ryan Adams announced .... the August 19 release of “1984,'" Which, I'm told, is the fifteen years later update of his …
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …