Keith Urban T-Shirts Now Made With Recycled Plastic
- Keith Urban has partnered with a company to help make his t-shirts more environmentally-friendly by being partially made from recycled plastic bottles. At the same time, Kenny Chesney says his tour requires 55 trucks and 28 buses to make everything work.
- Who didn’t see this one coming years ago? Dolly Parton postponed her tour, citing back problems and she even acknowledges her “puppies” while making light of the injury. The woman is business savvy, though, you gotta hand it to her–she knows how to keep abreast of her publicity duties while not able to perform.
- Loretta Lynn, John Michael Montgomery, and John Conlee have been added to the list of presenters and performers for the February 21 Kentucky Music Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Loretta Lynn will induct her sister, Crystal Gayle. Tom T. Hall and Ralph Emery will act as presenters and Dwight Yoakam, an inductee, will perform as well.
- Do blogs have an impact on music sales?
NYU Stern Professor Vasant Dhar, an expert in the strategic implications of information technology, finds that the volume of blog posts featured on the Internet before an album’s release can significantly affect future album sales, and in turn predict sales for record labels. This is the first study to quantify the economic impact of user-generated content for the music industry.
The linked press release goes on to say, “If the albums blogged about were associated with a major record label, sales increased five-fold.”
- I didn’t see the episode, but here’s Rolling Stones recap of the horse shit that gets broadcast on CMT nowadays. At least it’s got something in common with country music–train wrecks…
- When Matthew Knowles purchased Compadre Records Logan Rogers was laid off, but it allowed him to start his own label, Lightning Rod Records. For now James McMurtry is the only artist on the label, but Rogers says he may sign someone else this year. His criteria for signing artists is finding established touring acts.
- If you have aspirations to become the next Nashville Star then check out the open casting calls schedule. The first two cities have already been visited and the next two will be tomorrow in Charlotte, NC and Kansas City, MO.
- luckyoldsun: Leann- I've biked a lot of laps around Central Park over the years. If I thought it would get me to …
- Leeann: No offense to Chely Wright, but while I expect that she will make a good album, asking for $175,000 seems …
- Juli Thanki: Ha! The best way to celebrate Connie Smith Day is by marrying a younger man. Mullet optional.
- nm: But was it Connie Smith Day all day long and then from dusk to dawn?
- Deremy Jylan: I heard that Jim Lauderdale documentary is some super-duper great movie stuff. Makes Scorsese's THE LAST WALTZ look like Wiseau's …
- Barry Mazor: I'll have to see if Dr. Green's ever read 3 Lives; it's a good book.
- Juli Thanki: Rose is a rose is a rose is a yellow rose of Texas. I smell a terrible concept album!
- Barry Mazor: Pigeons on the grass, alas.. Come-a kai-yai yippy, yippy ay.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Barry, thanks for the great sentimental look at Winchester. I will admit that he is an artist that was largely …
- Arlene: Thanks for this article, Barry. It's not often that an artist brings another performer to tears during a guitar pull. …