Keith Urban T-Shirts Now Made With Recycled Plastic
- Keith Urban has partnered with a company to help make his t-shirts more environmentally-friendly by being partially made from recycled plastic bottles. At the same time, Kenny Chesney says his tour requires 55 trucks and 28 buses to make everything work.
- Who didn’t see this one coming years ago? Dolly Parton postponed her tour, citing back problems and she even acknowledges her “puppies” while making light of the injury. The woman is business savvy, though, you gotta hand it to her–she knows how to keep abreast of her publicity duties while not able to perform.
- Loretta Lynn, John Michael Montgomery, and John Conlee have been added to the list of presenters and performers for the February 21 Kentucky Music Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Loretta Lynn will induct her sister, Crystal Gayle. Tom T. Hall and Ralph Emery will act as presenters and Dwight Yoakam, an inductee, will perform as well.
- Do blogs have an impact on music sales?
NYU Stern Professor Vasant Dhar, an expert in the strategic implications of information technology, finds that the volume of blog posts featured on the Internet before an album’s release can significantly affect future album sales, and in turn predict sales for record labels. This is the first study to quantify the economic impact of user-generated content for the music industry.
The linked press release goes on to say, “If the albums blogged about were associated with a major record label, sales increased five-fold.”
- I didn’t see the episode, but here’s Rolling Stones recap of the horse shit that gets broadcast on CMT nowadays. At least it’s got something in common with country music–train wrecks…
- When Matthew Knowles purchased Compadre Records Logan Rogers was laid off, but it allowed him to start his own label, Lightning Rod Records. For now James McMurtry is the only artist on the label, but Rogers says he may sign someone else this year. His criteria for signing artists is finding established touring acts.
- If you have aspirations to become the next Nashville Star then check out the open casting calls schedule. The first two cities have already been visited and the next two will be tomorrow in Charlotte, NC and Kansas City, MO.
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.