Keith Urban and Brad Paisley to Honor Glen Campbell; Sammy Shelor to Perform on Letterman; New Album and Book Releases
- Brad Paisley and Keith Urban will honor Glen Campbell with a musical tribute at the CMA Awards.
- Kellie Pickler’s upcoming album (out January 24), includes a song called “Where’s Tammy Wynette.”
- Prairie Home Companion sound effects creator, Tom Keith, passed away on Sunday after suddenly collapsing at his home. He was 64.
- In 2012, Dierks Bentley has shows planned in Canada and Australia.
- Sugarland returned to Indiana on Friday.
- Here’s an excerpt from Brad Paisley’s new book Diary of a Player.
- Set your DVR: Sammy Shelor and the Lonesome River Band will perform with Steve Martin on The Late Show with David Letterman on November 11.
- Tom Waits was interviewed by Fresh Air’s Terry Gross about new album Bad as Me. An excerpt: To make the recording sound older, Waits added the sound of vinyl pops and clicks — using a piece of chicken barbecuing on a grill. “It sounds exactly like vinyl if you hold the microphone up to your barbecue,” he says.
- Miranda Lambert on married life: “We cook meat out on our smoker, then we watch TV.”
- Dehlia Low, the Gibson Brothers, and Tony Rice are a few of the acts announced as part of the 2012 MerleFest initial lineup. Tickets go on sale November 8.
- RFD-TV has a new show, Reflections from the Circle, which features Eddie Stubbs interviewing artists like Vince Gill and Charlie Daniels.
- John Goad of Bluegrass Today reviewed the late Marty Godbey’s biography Crowe on the Banjo: The Musical Life of JD Crowe.
- Peter Cooper spoke with the McCrary Sisters about new record Our Journey and their pal Bob (as in Dylan).
- Kris Kristofferson and Jackson Browne are two of Martina McBride’s songwriting heroes.
- Give a listen to T-Bone Burnett on the World Café as he reflects on some of the projects he’s done over the years.
- New albums and books:
Sons of Fathers – Sons of Fathers
- luckyoldsun: If they're only allowed one modern inductee per year in the H-o-F, then there's a backlog developing. You have Skaggs, …
- Leeann Ward: I'm not an ETC fan, but I do love "Brotherly Love" with Keith Whitley.
- luckyoldsun: It's got to be "What I'd Say." (I think that's the title.) There was some question, I believe, over whether …
- Paul W Dennis: probably "Nobody Falls Like A Fool" or "Silent Treatment"
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Where in heck's name is "That Was A Close One"?!?!? It's the guy's best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrR_2rXiKA0
- Cody: Love seeing ETC getting some credit! My five, in no particular order at first; Crowd Around the Corner Home So Fine I Have …
- Juli Thanki: I think it's technically a Keith Whitley song, but I've always been fond of his duet with ETC, "Brotherly Love."
- luckyoldsun: Lots of very good artists have not had anywhere near the radio play and hits that Lee Ann Womack has …
- Hard Times: Just read Jewly Hight's feature on Womack. I couldn't believe Womack has had only a half dozen or so Top …
- Barry Mazor: Leeann, Im not surprised about your sister's response--or that, for many, Garth Brooks now equals the ancient days of country …