Keith Urban and Brad Paisley to Honor Glen Campbell; Sammy Shelor to Perform on Letterman; New Album and Book Releases
- Brad Paisley and Keith Urban will honor Glen Campbell with a musical tribute at the CMA Awards.
- Kellie Pickler’s upcoming album (out January 24), includes a song called “Where’s Tammy Wynette.”
- Prairie Home Companion sound effects creator, Tom Keith, passed away on Sunday after suddenly collapsing at his home. He was 64.
- In 2012, Dierks Bentley has shows planned in Canada and Australia.
- Sugarland returned to Indiana on Friday.
- Here’s an excerpt from Brad Paisley’s new book Diary of a Player.
- Set your DVR: Sammy Shelor and the Lonesome River Band will perform with Steve Martin on The Late Show with David Letterman on November 11.
- Tom Waits was interviewed by Fresh Air’s Terry Gross about new album Bad as Me. An excerpt: To make the recording sound older, Waits added the sound of vinyl pops and clicks — using a piece of chicken barbecuing on a grill. “It sounds exactly like vinyl if you hold the microphone up to your barbecue,” he says.
- Miranda Lambert on married life: “We cook meat out on our smoker, then we watch TV.”
- Dehlia Low, the Gibson Brothers, and Tony Rice are a few of the acts announced as part of the 2012 MerleFest initial lineup. Tickets go on sale November 8.
- RFD-TV has a new show, Reflections from the Circle, which features Eddie Stubbs interviewing artists like Vince Gill and Charlie Daniels.
- John Goad of Bluegrass Today reviewed the late Marty Godbey’s biography Crowe on the Banjo: The Musical Life of JD Crowe.
- Peter Cooper spoke with the McCrary Sisters about new record Our Journey and their pal Bob (as in Dylan).
- Kris Kristofferson and Jackson Browne are two of Martina McBride’s songwriting heroes.
- Give a listen to T-Bone Burnett on the World Café as he reflects on some of the projects he’s done over the years.
- New albums and books:
Sons of Fathers – Sons of Fathers
- darol anger: This band is not one you're likely to hear out on the fester or club circuit. It's a rare and …
- Livewire: So that's the interview Best listen to the album and decide for yourself. It was slated in UK's Country Music People Magazine A …
- Stormy: A little more glam rock than New Wave, but here is Kenneth Brian covering David Bowie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJhfD77QOLY
- Jack Williams: Forgot this one: Richard Thompson - Tempted (Squeeze)
- Donald: But, Hurt isn't a new wave song. On the other hand, Lydia Loveless covering "They Don't Know," written and performed …
- luckyoldsun: Isn't "Hurt" the key Johnny Cash selection in this motif?--That's the song that made the big impact, with the award-winning …
- Henry: Goes the other way, tool, with the late great Alex Chilton--during a Punk period for him--singing "D-I-V-O-R-C-E" on "Electricity by …
- Jack Williams: Drive-By Truckers - People Who Died (Jim Carroll) Dwight Yoakam - Train In Vain (The Clash) Los Lobos - Uncomplicated (Elvis Costello)
- Juli Thanki: Also, The Meat Purveyors recorded The Human League's "Don't You Want Me" for Someday Soon Things Will Be Much Worse: …
- june wommack: Just love DonWilliamsMy daught is named after him. My favorite song Amanda and middle name id Dawn of course after …