Josh Turner Records To A Full House At The Opry And Carrie Underwood Named Sexiest Female Musican
I’m running short on time, so please forgive today’s rather punctuated Roundup.
- Matt Curry from the Associated Press talks about Clay Walker’s newest album, and has a lot of positive things to say about it as well as Walker himself. “It seemingly includes something for everyone, including the heart-tugging ‘It Ain’t Pretty (But It’s Beautiful)’ and Walker’s playful ‘She Likes It in the Morning.’”
- Josh Turner recorded his live album at the Ryman to a full house. He was accompanied by a 6-piece band and performed 21 songs.
Turner recalled he first played the Ryman on Dec. 21, 2001, and had gotten “two standing ovations and an encore” from the Grand Ole Opry audience. He hastened to add that he wasn’t telling this out of vanity.
“All I could think about was the six ovations Hank Williams got standing right here,” he said. Later, he observed, “Hank got kicked off the Opry, and I can’t get in.”
I wonder if this could be foreshadowing his induction into the Opry, something Matt talked about previously on The 9513.
- Kathy Mattea says that Girl Scouts contributed to changing her life. She says she discovered her love of singing while attending one of their camps.
- YouTube pulled the video of the speech Kris Kristofferson gave a the CMT Music Awards the other night, so Take Country Back has posted a small transcript of the speech along with three videos of Kristofferson and Johnny Cash singing his songs.
- Country Universe loves what they hear from Whiskey Falls in their debut single “Last Train Running.”
- Carrie Underwood as been named the sexiest female musician by Victoria Secret.
- And lastly, does anyone know what happened to Country Nation? Did they pack it up and leave, or are they merely on vacation?
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.
- Janice Brooks: Peter Cooper needs an edit. Stringbean did not die in 1964.