Josh Turner Records To A Full House At The Opry And Carrie Underwood Named Sexiest Female Musican
I’m running short on time, so please forgive today’s rather punctuated Roundup.
- Matt Curry from the Associated Press talks about Clay Walker’s newest album, and has a lot of positive things to say about it as well as Walker himself. “It seemingly includes something for everyone, including the heart-tugging ‘It Ain’t Pretty (But It’s Beautiful)’ and Walker’s playful ‘She Likes It in the Morning.’”
- Josh Turner recorded his live album at the Ryman to a full house. He was accompanied by a 6-piece band and performed 21 songs.
Turner recalled he first played the Ryman on Dec. 21, 2001, and had gotten “two standing ovations and an encore” from the Grand Ole Opry audience. He hastened to add that he wasn’t telling this out of vanity.
“All I could think about was the six ovations Hank Williams got standing right here,” he said. Later, he observed, “Hank got kicked off the Opry, and I can’t get in.”
I wonder if this could be foreshadowing his induction into the Opry, something Matt talked about previously on The 9513.
- Kathy Mattea says that Girl Scouts contributed to changing her life. She says she discovered her love of singing while attending one of their camps.
- YouTube pulled the video of the speech Kris Kristofferson gave a the CMT Music Awards the other night, so Take Country Back has posted a small transcript of the speech along with three videos of Kristofferson and Johnny Cash singing his songs.
- Country Universe loves what they hear from Whiskey Falls in their debut single “Last Train Running.”
- Carrie Underwood as been named the sexiest female musician by Victoria Secret.
- And lastly, does anyone know what happened to Country Nation? Did they pack it up and leave, or are they merely on vacation?
- luckyoldsun: That Bobby Bare/Bill Parsons story has been often told, but I still don't quite understand how two then-nobodies could go …
- Leeann: The Jack Clement album is quite good!
- Donald: "Ryan Adams announced .... the August 19 release of “1984,'" Which, I'm told, is the fifteen years later update of his …
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …
- paul w dennis: The Kershaw album is really noteworthy for its song selections. Other than "I'll Share My World With You", it omits …
- Leeann: The Sammy Kershaw tribute to George Jones is pretty good on first listen. Of course, Sammy's no George, but their …