Josh Turner Records To A Full House At The Opry And Carrie Underwood Named Sexiest Female Musican
I’m running short on time, so please forgive today’s rather punctuated Roundup.
- Matt Curry from the Associated Press talks about Clay Walker’s newest album, and has a lot of positive things to say about it as well as Walker himself. “It seemingly includes something for everyone, including the heart-tugging ‘It Ain’t Pretty (But It’s Beautiful)’ and Walker’s playful ‘She Likes It in the Morning.'”
- Josh Turner recorded his live album at the Ryman to a full house. He was accompanied by a 6-piece band and performed 21 songs.
Turner recalled he first played the Ryman on Dec. 21, 2001, and had gotten “two standing ovations and an encore” from the Grand Ole Opry audience. He hastened to add that he wasn’t telling this out of vanity.
“All I could think about was the six ovations Hank Williams got standing right here,” he said. Later, he observed, “Hank got kicked off the Opry, and I can’t get in.”
I wonder if this could be foreshadowing his induction into the Opry, something Matt talked about previously on The 9513.
- Kathy Mattea says that Girl Scouts contributed to changing her life. She says she discovered her love of singing while attending one of their camps.
- YouTube pulled the video of the speech Kris Kristofferson gave a the CMT Music Awards the other night, so Take Country Back has posted a small transcript of the speech along with three videos of Kristofferson and Johnny Cash singing his songs.
- Country Universe loves what they hear from Whiskey Falls in their debut single “Last Train Running.”
- Carrie Underwood as been named the sexiest female musician by Victoria Secret.
- And lastly, does anyone know what happened to Country Nation? Did they pack it up and leave, or are they merely on vacation?
- luckyoldsun: Actually, it strikes me as a rather iffy subject for a museum. What kind of exhibits would they have? Jones …
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!