Josh Turner Records To A Full House At The Opry And Carrie Underwood Named Sexiest Female Musican
I’m running short on time, so please forgive today’s rather punctuated Roundup.
- Matt Curry from the Associated Press talks about Clay Walker’s newest album, and has a lot of positive things to say about it as well as Walker himself. “It seemingly includes something for everyone, including the heart-tugging ‘It Ain’t Pretty (But It’s Beautiful)’ and Walker’s playful ‘She Likes It in the Morning.'”
- Josh Turner recorded his live album at the Ryman to a full house. He was accompanied by a 6-piece band and performed 21 songs.
Turner recalled he first played the Ryman on Dec. 21, 2001, and had gotten “two standing ovations and an encore” from the Grand Ole Opry audience. He hastened to add that he wasn’t telling this out of vanity.
“All I could think about was the six ovations Hank Williams got standing right here,” he said. Later, he observed, “Hank got kicked off the Opry, and I can’t get in.”
I wonder if this could be foreshadowing his induction into the Opry, something Matt talked about previously on The 9513.
- Kathy Mattea says that Girl Scouts contributed to changing her life. She says she discovered her love of singing while attending one of their camps.
- YouTube pulled the video of the speech Kris Kristofferson gave a the CMT Music Awards the other night, so Take Country Back has posted a small transcript of the speech along with three videos of Kristofferson and Johnny Cash singing his songs.
- Country Universe loves what they hear from Whiskey Falls in their debut single “Last Train Running.”
- Carrie Underwood as been named the sexiest female musician by Victoria Secret.
- And lastly, does anyone know what happened to Country Nation? Did they pack it up and leave, or are they merely on vacation?
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …
- chris: That voice singing with Jim Ed is younger sister Bonnie, also a member of the Browns.
- Kev: I saw Jim Ed at the Opry in June and he sounded great then. I certainly look forward to …
- Delica Smith: I've had the blessings of following Mr. JimEd and Helen Cornelius since the mid 70s. I was a amateur …
- Inell: I meant to say you still sound as great as you did when you sang Pop O Top