Josh Turner Announces Arrival of Second Son; The Bluegrass Blog Remembers Bill Harrell
- Josh Turner‘s wife Jennifer gave birth to Colby Lynch Turner, the couple’s second son, last Friday.
- The Gobblers Knob’s Kelly Dearmore on the new Owen Temple album, Dollars and Dimes:
…an artful shot of reality, as told through the memory and perspective of a traveler with perhaps more questions than answers. Drawing on the current socio-economical climate, Temple has crafted an album that will remind many that story-telling can be relevant and revealing when looking into times of crisis.
- Congrats to Cecelia Row, Bev, Meredith, Zach and Amanda for winning their very own grilling pack in our recent giveaway, A Barbecueing Prize Pack, Courtesy of Keith Urban, KC Masterpiece and Kingsford Charcoal. We’ll be in touch shortly to get your shipping info. Thanks to everyone who entered.
- A random tweet from Reba McEntire spurred C.M. Wilcox into checking out the latest Rascal Flatts album, Unstoppable. Read his track-by-track commentary.
- Listen to an interview and performance from Jesse Winchester on NPR.
- The Bluegrass Blog took a look back at the life and career of Bill Harrell and shared the thoughts of several artists who had worked with him.
- The My Kind of Country crew tapped John Anderson as their spotlight artist for the month of July.
- New music on the horizon: Delbert McClinton‘s first album in four years, Acquired Taste, will be released Aug. 18, former Nashville Star winner Chris Young drops his second album, The Man I Want to Be, on Sept. 1, and Terri Clark‘s self-produced The Long Way Home also comes out in September.
- Edward Morris shared a list of Brad Paisley videos, or “visual-lyrical gems.”
- A couple of lucky fans could win an autographed Cherryholmes CD on Twitter just for following the band, and in other Twitter news, Charlie Robison is offering a free, private concert to one lucky winner.
- The Dixie Bee-Liners explain how they got together and where the band’s name came from in an interview and recording session with FolkAlley.com. Videos are included, too.
- andythedrifter: "It Sure Can Get Cold In Des Moines"
- Donald: LOS, I need to second your mention of Ballad of Forty Dollars.
- Paul W Dennis: Best wishes for Jim Ed Brown - there's very few left from his generation of country singers John Morthland's article on …
- Paul W Dennis: That looks like Harold Morrison playing the dobro behind Jeannie C Riley on "Harper Valley PTA"
- luckyoldsun: Got to go with "The Ballad of Forty Dollars." Funny, if you saw the title and started listening to that song …
- Randy Prewitt: I would have to say my favorite Tom T.Hall song is "The Day Clayton Delaney Died.He has so many great …
- KathyP: "Faster Horses." Which reminds me I need to add it to my digital library.
- Leeann Ward: "Me and Jesus" and "Harper Valley PTA" are my favorites, I think. But I agree with Paul that it's not …
- Chad: "I Love" of course!
- nm: I enjoyed that Nashville recap from the Fug Girls, but the absolutely best recaps are in the Nashville Scene, by …