Josh Turner Announces Arrival of Second Son; The Bluegrass Blog Remembers Bill Harrell
- Josh Turner‘s wife Jennifer gave birth to Colby Lynch Turner, the couple’s second son, last Friday.
- The Gobblers Knob’s Kelly Dearmore on the new Owen Temple album, Dollars and Dimes:
…an artful shot of reality, as told through the memory and perspective of a traveler with perhaps more questions than answers. Drawing on the current socio-economical climate, Temple has crafted an album that will remind many that story-telling can be relevant and revealing when looking into times of crisis.
- Congrats to Cecelia Row, Bev, Meredith, Zach and Amanda for winning their very own grilling pack in our recent giveaway, A Barbecueing Prize Pack, Courtesy of Keith Urban, KC Masterpiece and Kingsford Charcoal. We’ll be in touch shortly to get your shipping info. Thanks to everyone who entered.
- A random tweet from Reba McEntire spurred C.M. Wilcox into checking out the latest Rascal Flatts album, Unstoppable. Read his track-by-track commentary.
- Listen to an interview and performance from Jesse Winchester on NPR.
- The Bluegrass Blog took a look back at the life and career of Bill Harrell and shared the thoughts of several artists who had worked with him.
- The My Kind of Country crew tapped John Anderson as their spotlight artist for the month of July.
- New music on the horizon: Delbert McClinton‘s first album in four years, Acquired Taste, will be released Aug. 18, former Nashville Star winner Chris Young drops his second album, The Man I Want to Be, on Sept. 1, and Terri Clark‘s self-produced The Long Way Home also comes out in September.
- Edward Morris shared a list of Brad Paisley videos, or “visual-lyrical gems.”
- A couple of lucky fans could win an autographed Cherryholmes CD on Twitter just for following the band, and in other Twitter news, Charlie Robison is offering a free, private concert to one lucky winner.
- The Dixie Bee-Liners explain how they got together and where the band’s name came from in an interview and recording session with FolkAlley.com. Videos are included, too.
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.
- Six String Richie: It's great to hear that Sundy Best has a new album coming out. I really encourage anybody that reads …
- Louie: "Brotherly Love," IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith's …
- Erik North: A big loss for not only the Nashville songwriting community, but for songwriting communities everywhere, in my opinion, that Paul …
- luckyoldsun: If they're only allowed one modern inductee per year in the H-o-F, then there's a backlog developing. You have Skaggs, …
- Leeann Ward: I'm not an ETC fan, but I do love "Brotherly Love" with Keith Whitley.
- luckyoldsun: It's got to be "What I'd Say." (I think that's the title.) There was some question, I believe, over whether …
- Paul W Dennis: probably "Nobody Falls Like A Fool" or "Silent Treatment"
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Where in heck's name is "That Was A Close One"?!?!? It's the guy's best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrR_2rXiKA0
- Cody: Love seeing ETC getting some credit! My five, in no particular order at first; Crowd Around the Corner Home So Fine I Have …