Josh Turner Announces Arrival of Second Son; The Bluegrass Blog Remembers Bill Harrell
- Josh Turner‘s wife Jennifer gave birth to Colby Lynch Turner, the couple’s second son, last Friday.
- The Gobblers Knob’s Kelly Dearmore on the new Owen Temple album, Dollars and Dimes:
…an artful shot of reality, as told through the memory and perspective of a traveler with perhaps more questions than answers. Drawing on the current socio-economical climate, Temple has crafted an album that will remind many that story-telling can be relevant and revealing when looking into times of crisis.
- Congrats to Cecelia Row, Bev, Meredith, Zach and Amanda for winning their very own grilling pack in our recent giveaway, A Barbecueing Prize Pack, Courtesy of Keith Urban, KC Masterpiece and Kingsford Charcoal. We’ll be in touch shortly to get your shipping info. Thanks to everyone who entered.
- A random tweet from Reba McEntire spurred C.M. Wilcox into checking out the latest Rascal Flatts album, Unstoppable. Read his track-by-track commentary.
- Listen to an interview and performance from Jesse Winchester on NPR.
- The Bluegrass Blog took a look back at the life and career of Bill Harrell and shared the thoughts of several artists who had worked with him.
- The My Kind of Country crew tapped John Anderson as their spotlight artist for the month of July.
- New music on the horizon: Delbert McClinton‘s first album in four years, Acquired Taste, will be released Aug. 18, former Nashville Star winner Chris Young drops his second album, The Man I Want to Be, on Sept. 1, and Terri Clark‘s self-produced The Long Way Home also comes out in September.
- Edward Morris shared a list of Brad Paisley videos, or “visual-lyrical gems.”
- A couple of lucky fans could win an autographed Cherryholmes CD on Twitter just for following the band, and in other Twitter news, Charlie Robison is offering a free, private concert to one lucky winner.
- The Dixie Bee-Liners explain how they got together and where the band’s name came from in an interview and recording session with FolkAlley.com. Videos are included, too.
- Jack: Not impressed by Justin Townes Earle's low view of country music.
- nm: Does anyone know whatever became of the album that Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer were going to do together?
- luckyoldsun: I'm not surprised. Artists who can't get seem to get a satisfactory deal with a commercial label always say how …
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …