Josh Turner Announces Arrival of Second Son; The Bluegrass Blog Remembers Bill Harrell
- Josh Turner‘s wife Jennifer gave birth to Colby Lynch Turner, the couple’s second son, last Friday.
- The Gobblers Knob’s Kelly Dearmore on the new Owen Temple album, Dollars and Dimes:
…an artful shot of reality, as told through the memory and perspective of a traveler with perhaps more questions than answers. Drawing on the current socio-economical climate, Temple has crafted an album that will remind many that story-telling can be relevant and revealing when looking into times of crisis.
- Congrats to Cecelia Row, Bev, Meredith, Zach and Amanda for winning their very own grilling pack in our recent giveaway, A Barbecueing Prize Pack, Courtesy of Keith Urban, KC Masterpiece and Kingsford Charcoal. We’ll be in touch shortly to get your shipping info. Thanks to everyone who entered.
- A random tweet from Reba McEntire spurred C.M. Wilcox into checking out the latest Rascal Flatts album, Unstoppable. Read his track-by-track commentary.
- Listen to an interview and performance from Jesse Winchester on NPR.
- The Bluegrass Blog took a look back at the life and career of Bill Harrell and shared the thoughts of several artists who had worked with him.
- The My Kind of Country crew tapped John Anderson as their spotlight artist for the month of July.
- New music on the horizon: Delbert McClinton‘s first album in four years, Acquired Taste, will be released Aug. 18, former Nashville Star winner Chris Young drops his second album, The Man I Want to Be, on Sept. 1, and Terri Clark‘s self-produced The Long Way Home also comes out in September.
- Edward Morris shared a list of Brad Paisley videos, or “visual-lyrical gems.”
- A couple of lucky fans could win an autographed Cherryholmes CD on Twitter just for following the band, and in other Twitter news, Charlie Robison is offering a free, private concert to one lucky winner.
- The Dixie Bee-Liners explain how they got together and where the band’s name came from in an interview and recording session with FolkAlley.com. Videos are included, too.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …
- nm: Agreed. A good job by three very smart women.
- Deremy Jylan: The Hight piece is tremendous reading.
- Juli Thanki: Much like the music of Aldean and FGL, Michelob Ultra is favored by college kids and too much exposure will …
- Tom: ...michelob ultra seems to be a brew from hell.