John Rich Will Debut Rally Anthem For Presidential Candidate Today
- John Rich plans to unveil a new song today at the Country First concert in Panama City, Fla. Titled “Rasing McCain,” the song is an anthem for the presidential candidate John McCain. Rich wants it to be a rally song that captures McCain’s maverick spirit and he has it available at no charge on his website.
- Charles Kelley of Lady Antebellum admits that he used “We should write together” as a pickup line when he met Hillary Scott. He thought:
“Maybe she’d come over, we’d write a song, then my next move would be to ask her to dinner.” But the writing session went so successfully, Kelley decided not to mess things up by pursuing a romantic relationship. “Now, it’s like brothers and sisters,” he says. “It’d be kind of gross.”
- Doug Freeman says Micky & the Motorcars are unlikely to emerge from the shadow of Reckless Kelly, consisting of older brothers Willy and Cody Braun, and he dubs their new album, Naive, familiar fare from a band that should know better by now.
- Today is country music day over at the Photocrap blog, where the author takes album covers and doctors the titles to make them appear more honest, which usually turns out to mean more humorous as well.
- You can virtually dress a virtual Kellie Pickler in her virtual bra and underwear at Stardoll. You can virtually thank Mrs. Bonaguro for this one.
- Visit the Country Weekly Free Music page for downloads from several different country artists, including Jason Allen and Katie Armiger.
- The HearYa indie music blog has another edition of Under the Covers, in which they introduce covers of famous songs. Today’s song is that tragic story of a man who was wrongfully accused of murder, but was unwilling to provide an alibi to prove his innocence in “Long Black Veil.” You’ll also want to check out Brady’s story behind the song feature from back in March.
- Ray Scott wants pictures of you and your friends partying for his new video “Hell Got Raised Again Tonight,” plus you could win an autographed guitar if yours is his favorite. (via Country Weekly)
- PopMatters’ Juli Thanki says the self-titled album from The Infamous Stringdusters doesn’t have one bad song, however, one song in particular, “Three Days In July,” stands out from the rest. (MySpace)
- Bruce Robison uploaded another new track to his MySpace from his upcoming album, The New World. It’s called “echo,” go check it out.
- luckyoldsun: If they're only allowed one modern inductee per year in the H-o-F, then there's a backlog developing. You have Skaggs, …
- Leeann Ward: I'm not an ETC fan, but I do love "Brotherly Love" with Keith Whitley.
- luckyoldsun: It's got to be "What I'd Say." (I think that's the title.) There was some question, I believe, over whether …
- Paul W Dennis: probably "Nobody Falls Like A Fool" or "Silent Treatment"
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Where in heck's name is "That Was A Close One"?!?!? It's the guy's best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrR_2rXiKA0
- Cody: Love seeing ETC getting some credit! My five, in no particular order at first; Crowd Around the Corner Home So Fine I Have …
- Juli Thanki: I think it's technically a Keith Whitley song, but I've always been fond of his duet with ETC, "Brotherly Love."
- luckyoldsun: Lots of very good artists have not had anywhere near the radio play and hits that Lee Ann Womack has …
- Hard Times: Just read Jewly Hight's feature on Womack. I couldn't believe Womack has had only a half dozen or so Top …
- Barry Mazor: Leeann, Im not surprised about your sister's response--or that, for many, Garth Brooks now equals the ancient days of country …