John Rich Will Debut Rally Anthem For Presidential Candidate Today
- John Rich plans to unveil a new song today at the Country First concert in Panama City, Fla. Titled “Rasing McCain,” the song is an anthem for the presidential candidate John McCain. Rich wants it to be a rally song that captures McCain’s maverick spirit and he has it available at no charge on his website.
- Charles Kelley of Lady Antebellum admits that he used “We should write together” as a pickup line when he met Hillary Scott. He thought:
“Maybe she’d come over, we’d write a song, then my next move would be to ask her to dinner.” But the writing session went so successfully, Kelley decided not to mess things up by pursuing a romantic relationship. “Now, it’s like brothers and sisters,” he says. “It’d be kind of gross.”
- Doug Freeman says Micky & the Motorcars are unlikely to emerge from the shadow of Reckless Kelly, consisting of older brothers Willy and Cody Braun, and he dubs their new album, Naive, familiar fare from a band that should know better by now.
- Today is country music day over at the Photocrap blog, where the author takes album covers and doctors the titles to make them appear more honest, which usually turns out to mean more humorous as well.
- You can virtually dress a virtual Kellie Pickler in her virtual bra and underwear at Stardoll. You can virtually thank Mrs. Bonaguro for this one.
- Visit the Country Weekly Free Music page for downloads from several different country artists, including Jason Allen and Katie Armiger.
- The HearYa indie music blog has another edition of Under the Covers, in which they introduce covers of famous songs. Today’s song is that tragic story of a man who was wrongfully accused of murder, but was unwilling to provide an alibi to prove his innocence in “Long Black Veil.” You’ll also want to check out Brady’s story behind the song feature from back in March.
- Ray Scott wants pictures of you and your friends partying for his new video “Hell Got Raised Again Tonight,” plus you could win an autographed guitar if yours is his favorite. (via Country Weekly)
- PopMatters’ Juli Thanki says the self-titled album from The Infamous Stringdusters doesn’t have one bad song, however, one song in particular, “Three Days In July,” stands out from the rest. (MySpace)
- Bruce Robison uploaded another new track to his MySpace from his upcoming album, The New World. It’s called “echo,” go check it out.
- Jack: Not impressed by Justin Townes Earle's low view of country music.
- nm: Does anyone know whatever became of the album that Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer were going to do together?
- luckyoldsun: I'm not surprised. Artists who can't get seem to get a satisfactory deal with a commercial label always say how …
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …