John Rich Will Debut Rally Anthem For Presidential Candidate Today
- John Rich plans to unveil a new song today at the Country First concert in Panama City, Fla. Titled “Rasing McCain,” the song is an anthem for the presidential candidate John McCain. Rich wants it to be a rally song that captures McCain’s maverick spirit and he has it available at no charge on his website.
- Charles Kelley of Lady Antebellum admits that he used “We should write together” as a pickup line when he met Hillary Scott. He thought:
“Maybe she’d come over, we’d write a song, then my next move would be to ask her to dinner.” But the writing session went so successfully, Kelley decided not to mess things up by pursuing a romantic relationship. “Now, it’s like brothers and sisters,” he says. “It’d be kind of gross.”
- Doug Freeman says Micky & the Motorcars are unlikely to emerge from the shadow of Reckless Kelly, consisting of older brothers Willy and Cody Braun, and he dubs their new album, Naive, familiar fare from a band that should know better by now.
- Today is country music day over at the Photocrap blog, where the author takes album covers and doctors the titles to make them appear more honest, which usually turns out to mean more humorous as well.
- You can virtually dress a virtual Kellie Pickler in her virtual bra and underwear at Stardoll. You can virtually thank Mrs. Bonaguro for this one.
- Visit the Country Weekly Free Music page for downloads from several different country artists, including Jason Allen and Katie Armiger.
- The HearYa indie music blog has another edition of Under the Covers, in which they introduce covers of famous songs. Today’s song is that tragic story of a man who was wrongfully accused of murder, but was unwilling to provide an alibi to prove his innocence in “Long Black Veil.” You’ll also want to check out Brady’s story behind the song feature from back in March.
- Ray Scott wants pictures of you and your friends partying for his new video “Hell Got Raised Again Tonight,” plus you could win an autographed guitar if yours is his favorite. (via Country Weekly)
- PopMatters’ Juli Thanki says the self-titled album from The Infamous Stringdusters doesn’t have one bad song, however, one song in particular, “Three Days In July,” stands out from the rest. (MySpace)
- Bruce Robison uploaded another new track to his MySpace from his upcoming album, The New World. It’s called “echo,” go check it out.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."