Josh Kelley Previews Album with New EP; John Rich Still Mired in Lawsuits; Bonus Track From Marty Stuart
- Come Dec. 14, American Idol runner-up Crystal Bowersox will release her debut album Farmer’s Daughter, but does it stand a chance? Reality Rocks’ Lyndsey Parker says YES — if her label markets her as a country artist. Listen to some live performances at No Depression.
- John Rich‘s latest lawsuit claims that former Nashville Star contestant Jared Ashley and his label owner Chris Sevier, who Rich has been in disputes with since 2005, lodged false accusations against him in an attempt to aid Sevier’s federal case against Rich. (via The Boot)
New releases for the week of November 30, 2010 include:
- The staff at CMT compiled a 10-song list of their favorite Tim McGraw hits.
- Country California: Quotable Country – 11/29/10 Edition
- Barry Mazor covered Asleep at the Wheel‘s 40th anniversary concert earlier this month. Here’s Ray Benson‘s take on the key to the band’s success:
“My best talent, really, is convincing really talented people to join this band, and a lot of people have been in it by now. They were all willing to put up with traveling, low pay—and my personality. I used to think I had to be as demanding a bandleader as James Brown, and some people who left no doubt had me as their reason. But all of them could really play the kind of music we wanted to play. What’s been continuing, through all the changes, has been playing music on the road that’s as American as can be, and is improvisational; that’s the key.”
- Farce the Music found a couple of keepers among some of the singles currently at radio.
- Alison Krauss has a new album slated for February.
- The Boot has an interview with Mandy Barnett about her new Christmas record for Cracker Barrel.
- Country Universe’s Kevin J. Coyne says the new Reba McEntire album, All the Women I Am, would make a pretty good Kellie Pickler album, but for the most part, she didn’t choose a lot of age-appropriate music.
- Songwriter Curly Putman, now 80 years old, released an album (Write ‘Em Sad — Sing ‘Em Lonesome) a few months ago on which he provides his take on a collection of his songs. My Kind of Country’s Occasional Hope gave it a high mark.
- Riders In the Sky walked away with trophies for outstanding entertainer-group of the year, album of the year, collaborative/composite album of the year at last week’s Western Music Association Awards show.
Here’s a bonus track of “Lonesome Whistle Blues” from the recent Marty Stuart album, Ghost Train: The Studio B Sessions.
Stuart also has plans to release a documentary in 2011. Not many details have been given yet, but a short preview can be seen on Vimeo.
- Elizabeth Linder: I love sitting by a bond fire with my husband making s'mores and drinking hot chocolate.
- Jeremy Dylan: One might say that a good way to pay tribute to RCA Studio a would be to not demolish it …
- willard willams: Oct. 10, as that is our wedding anniversary. Will be 50 years and I still remember.
- Both Kinds of Music: What an excellent team-up.
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.