John Rich Booted From Cafe; New Release List; Performers Added to CMT Awards
- John Rich was booted from Cafe Coco early this morning after a server asked him to surrender his beer during a Roger Miller song.
…when the server went to grab the beer, John snatched it up first and threw it over the fence into the street — right in front of the police sergeant. You can guess what happened next.
- MusicRow’s Sarah Skates has a quick recap of the Dateline NBC special on Taylor Swift.
New releases for the week of June 2, 2009 include:
As always, feel free to chime in with any I might have missed.
- Lady Antebellum, Kellie Pickler and Darius Rucker have been added to the performance lineup for the 2009 CMT Music Awards, which takes place June 16.
- To celebrate the re-release of Adam Hood‘s (MySpace) album Different Groove, Saguaro Road Records has made the deluxe edition of “Buzzes Like Neon” available as a free download.
- The Country Music Hall of Fame will open Carrie Underwood: All-American Girl, a new spotlight exhibit featuring the dress Underwood wore at the 2009 Academy of Country Music Awards, on June 11.
- Hickory Wind’s Hal Bogerd reviewed a recent Todd Snider show at Cat’s Cradle in North Carolina. (MySpace)
- Austin Music Source’s Michael Corcoran calls Roadhouse Sun, the new album from Ryan Bingham (MySpace), movin’ music and grades it an A-. ($3.99 on Amazon)
- Listen to a 2006 set from Rhonda Vincent & The Rage on Mountain Stage. She’ll be releasing her new album Destination Life on June 16. (MySpace)
- Country Mike reviewed performances from a recent Kevin Fowler (MySpace) and Mark McKinney (MySpace) show at Sam Houston Race Park in Houston.
- Speaking of Mark McKinney, Farce the Music published a .99 Review of his song “Middle America” and the results were, uh, middling at best.
- George Strait played it straight on the Comcast Center stage on Saturday.
- One Flew South (MySpace) is scheduled to kick off this year’s CMA Music Fest daytime riverfront shows, followed by a 45-minute set by Gretchen Wilson. Music City TV has the schedule for the remainder of the riverfront shows.
- Miranda Lambert’s second annual “Cause for the Paws” event raised $120,000.
- Cia Cherryholmes (MySpace) tried a few different looks and sent the results to The Bluegrass Blog.
- The critically acclaimed Jamey Johnson album That Lonesome Song is on sale for $5 at Amazon and My Kind of Country dug up a bargain on Tanya Tucker‘s Greatest Hits for $4.58.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."