John Rich Booted From Cafe; New Release List; Performers Added to CMT Awards
- John Rich was booted from Cafe Coco early this morning after a server asked him to surrender his beer during a Roger Miller song.
…when the server went to grab the beer, John snatched it up first and threw it over the fence into the street — right in front of the police sergeant. You can guess what happened next.
- MusicRow’s Sarah Skates has a quick recap of the Dateline NBC special on Taylor Swift.
New releases for the week of June 2, 2009 include:
As always, feel free to chime in with any I might have missed.
- Lady Antebellum, Kellie Pickler and Darius Rucker have been added to the performance lineup for the 2009 CMT Music Awards, which takes place June 16.
- To celebrate the re-release of Adam Hood‘s (MySpace) album Different Groove, Saguaro Road Records has made the deluxe edition of “Buzzes Like Neon” available as a free download.
- The Country Music Hall of Fame will open Carrie Underwood: All-American Girl, a new spotlight exhibit featuring the dress Underwood wore at the 2009 Academy of Country Music Awards, on June 11.
- Hickory Wind’s Hal Bogerd reviewed a recent Todd Snider show at Cat’s Cradle in North Carolina. (MySpace)
- Austin Music Source’s Michael Corcoran calls Roadhouse Sun, the new album from Ryan Bingham (MySpace), movin’ music and grades it an A-. ($3.99 on Amazon)
- Listen to a 2006 set from Rhonda Vincent & The Rage on Mountain Stage. She’ll be releasing her new album Destination Life on June 16. (MySpace)
- Country Mike reviewed performances from a recent Kevin Fowler (MySpace) and Mark McKinney (MySpace) show at Sam Houston Race Park in Houston.
- Speaking of Mark McKinney, Farce the Music published a .99 Review of his song “Middle America” and the results were, uh, middling at best.
- George Strait played it straight on the Comcast Center stage on Saturday.
- One Flew South (MySpace) is scheduled to kick off this year’s CMA Music Fest daytime riverfront shows, followed by a 45-minute set by Gretchen Wilson. Music City TV has the schedule for the remainder of the riverfront shows.
- Miranda Lambert’s second annual “Cause for the Paws” event raised $120,000.
- Cia Cherryholmes (MySpace) tried a few different looks and sent the results to The Bluegrass Blog.
- The critically acclaimed Jamey Johnson album That Lonesome Song is on sale for $5 at Amazon and My Kind of Country dug up a bargain on Tanya Tucker‘s Greatest Hits for $4.58.
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.