John Rich Booted From Cafe; New Release List; Performers Added to CMT Awards
- John Rich was booted from Cafe Coco early this morning after a server asked him to surrender his beer during a Roger Miller song.
…when the server went to grab the beer, John snatched it up first and threw it over the fence into the street — right in front of the police sergeant. You can guess what happened next.
- MusicRow’s Sarah Skates has a quick recap of the Dateline NBC special on Taylor Swift.
New releases for the week of June 2, 2009 include:
As always, feel free to chime in with any I might have missed.
- Lady Antebellum, Kellie Pickler and Darius Rucker have been added to the performance lineup for the 2009 CMT Music Awards, which takes place June 16.
- To celebrate the re-release of Adam Hood‘s (MySpace) album Different Groove, Saguaro Road Records has made the deluxe edition of “Buzzes Like Neon” available as a free download.
- The Country Music Hall of Fame will open Carrie Underwood: All-American Girl, a new spotlight exhibit featuring the dress Underwood wore at the 2009 Academy of Country Music Awards, on June 11.
- Hickory Wind’s Hal Bogerd reviewed a recent Todd Snider show at Cat’s Cradle in North Carolina. (MySpace)
- Austin Music Source’s Michael Corcoran calls Roadhouse Sun, the new album from Ryan Bingham (MySpace), movin’ music and grades it an A-. ($3.99 on Amazon)
- Listen to a 2006 set from Rhonda Vincent & The Rage on Mountain Stage. She’ll be releasing her new album Destination Life on June 16. (MySpace)
- Country Mike reviewed performances from a recent Kevin Fowler (MySpace) and Mark McKinney (MySpace) show at Sam Houston Race Park in Houston.
- Speaking of Mark McKinney, Farce the Music published a .99 Review of his song “Middle America” and the results were, uh, middling at best.
- George Strait played it straight on the Comcast Center stage on Saturday.
- One Flew South (MySpace) is scheduled to kick off this year’s CMA Music Fest daytime riverfront shows, followed by a 45-minute set by Gretchen Wilson. Music City TV has the schedule for the remainder of the riverfront shows.
- Miranda Lambert’s second annual “Cause for the Paws” event raised $120,000.
- Cia Cherryholmes (MySpace) tried a few different looks and sent the results to The Bluegrass Blog.
- The critically acclaimed Jamey Johnson album That Lonesome Song is on sale for $5 at Amazon and My Kind of Country dug up a bargain on Tanya Tucker‘s Greatest Hits for $4.58.
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …