John Rich Booted From Cafe; New Release List; Performers Added to CMT Awards
- John Rich was booted from Cafe Coco early this morning after a server asked him to surrender his beer during a Roger Miller song.
…when the server went to grab the beer, John snatched it up first and threw it over the fence into the street — right in front of the police sergeant. You can guess what happened next.
- MusicRow’s Sarah Skates has a quick recap of the Dateline NBC special on Taylor Swift.
New releases for the week of June 2, 2009 include:
As always, feel free to chime in with any I might have missed.
- Lady Antebellum, Kellie Pickler and Darius Rucker have been added to the performance lineup for the 2009 CMT Music Awards, which takes place June 16.
- To celebrate the re-release of Adam Hood‘s (MySpace) album Different Groove, Saguaro Road Records has made the deluxe edition of “Buzzes Like Neon” available as a free download.
- The Country Music Hall of Fame will open Carrie Underwood: All-American Girl, a new spotlight exhibit featuring the dress Underwood wore at the 2009 Academy of Country Music Awards, on June 11.
- Hickory Wind’s Hal Bogerd reviewed a recent Todd Snider show at Cat’s Cradle in North Carolina. (MySpace)
- Austin Music Source’s Michael Corcoran calls Roadhouse Sun, the new album from Ryan Bingham (MySpace), movin’ music and grades it an A-. ($3.99 on Amazon)
- Listen to a 2006 set from Rhonda Vincent & The Rage on Mountain Stage. She’ll be releasing her new album Destination Life on June 16. (MySpace)
- Country Mike reviewed performances from a recent Kevin Fowler (MySpace) and Mark McKinney (MySpace) show at Sam Houston Race Park in Houston.
- Speaking of Mark McKinney, Farce the Music published a .99 Review of his song “Middle America” and the results were, uh, middling at best.
- George Strait played it straight on the Comcast Center stage on Saturday.
- One Flew South (MySpace) is scheduled to kick off this year’s CMA Music Fest daytime riverfront shows, followed by a 45-minute set by Gretchen Wilson. Music City TV has the schedule for the remainder of the riverfront shows.
- Miranda Lambert’s second annual “Cause for the Paws” event raised $120,000.
- Cia Cherryholmes (MySpace) tried a few different looks and sent the results to The Bluegrass Blog.
- The critically acclaimed Jamey Johnson album That Lonesome Song is on sale for $5 at Amazon and My Kind of Country dug up a bargain on Tanya Tucker‘s Greatest Hits for $4.58.
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!
- bob: Good day with news of PrizeFighter Trisha and Drunken Martina.
- John Fuller: Oh yeah!! Crispy sweet!
- Rick Mifflin: Sublime
- Leeann: Very nice!