Joe Diffie Delays Bluegrass Album; Blake Shelton Eyes Opry; Dierks Bentley Announces Next Single
- Joe Diffie‘s new album, Homecoming: The Bluegrass Album, was originally scheduled to be released later this month, but has now been pushed back to Oct. 26.
- Farce the Music’s August edition of parodied album covers features multiple appearances from Craig Morgan.
- In his chat with ESPN yesterday, Blake Shelton named his biggest musical influence, explained why he’ll never have his own hunting show, and revealed who is the better shot between himself and Miranda.
You cuss like a sailor… Who’s your influence?
Sam Kenison was a great cusser as was George Carlin, but my favorite cusser of all time Martina McBride.
- “Depression,” the first single from Ryan Bingham‘s forthcoming album, is available for purchase at digital outlets. (Amazon | iTunes)
- Come Oct. 12, Whitey Morgan & The 78‘s will followup their Honky Tonks and Cheap Motels album with a self-titled debut on Bloodshot Records. (via Saving Country Music)
- A motorcycle autographed by Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw, Dolly Parton, and other country stars was stolen earlier this week. The donated cycle was intended to be auctioned to benefit breast cancer research and prevention.
- If Gary Allan and his gang ever grow up, they want to be just like Brooks & Dunn.
- Brandon Rhyder took to his blog to address rumors that he had been fired from his booking agency and clear up any confusion behind the departure of two band members.
- On Monday night, the Desert Rose Band played to an audience riddled with big names at Nashville’s Belcourt Theater. Peter Cooper has the details:
[...] the Desert Rose Band’s reunion concert was much more about renewal than replication. Enlivened by guest visits from Emmylou Harris and Brad Paisley, the Desert Rose Band’s original lineup presented a reunion show that existed fully in the moment, bolstered, not shackled, by memory.
- Although it hasn’t been confirmed, an email we received suggests that Gene Watson may be the only traditional artist nominated on both the ACM and CMA ballots this year. He didn’t make it to the final list for the ACMs, and may not make it to the final five for the CMAs either, but he’s currently listed under Musical Event of the Year for his duet with Rhonda Vincent on the song “Staying Together.”
The next single from Dierks Bentley‘s Up On the Ridge album will be “Draw Me A Map,” which features harmony vocals from Alison Krauss.
- For week 40 of his Nashville or Bust column, The A.V. Club’s Nathan Rabin covered the late, great Townes Van Zandt.
- Kenny Chesney collaborated with George Jones and Grace Potter for his forthcoming album, Hemingway’s Whiskey.
- Since his first time playing the Opry, Blake Shelton figures he’s been back about 20 times and even considers it a part of his job description as a country singer. With that kind of dedication, he just might have an invitation in his future.
At a lunch with Opry manager Steve Buchanan in January, Shelton was asked about his opinion of the Opry and if he’d be interested in joining someday. Shelton replied that there probably wasn’t a current artist more interested or more knowledgeable about the history of country music and its artists and songwriters.
And right after that, he said he didn’t think he’d fit in.
Texas Music Scene caught up with the Randy Rogers Band to discuss their new album, Burning the Day, due out on Aug. 24:
- Jeremy Dylan: One might say that a good way to pay tribute to RCA Studio a would be to not demolish it …
- Both Kinds of Music: What an excellent team-up.
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.
- Lisa Phillips: Love the Radio Ramblers! My favorite thing about fall is everything pumpkin.....coffee, cookies, muffins, pie.....etc!
- Sabrina Parnell: Def the cooler temps, football, great food , holidays on the way ,and of course more good country music releases.