Jamie Lynn Spears Is Reportedly Working On Country Album
- Based on a quote from a source close to the Spears family, E! Online is reporting that Jamie Lynn Spears, the younger sister to Britney Spears, is working on a country album. [That should get the comments flowing.]
- The Tennessean‘s Peter Cooper and The New York Times‘ Douglas Martin wrote profiles on the life and career of Hank Locklin and both writers praised Locklin’s cover of the Irish standard “Danny Boy” (listen).
New releases for the week of March 10, 2009 include:
- CMT’s Craig Shelburne put together a playlist of new music that you probably haven’t heard.
- Curly Putman, who wrote or co-wrote hit songs like “Green, Green Grass of Home,” “He Stopped Loving Her Today” and “D-I-V-O-R-C-E,” is the latest subject of the quarterly programming series Poets and Prophets: Legendary Country Songwriters at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, where he’ll be appearing on Saturday, March 28.
- Aquarium Drunkard interviewed Matthew Houck, the head guy for Phosphorescent, about his tribute album to Willie Nelson titled To Willie. (via Still Is Still Moving)
- Jason Michael Carroll will release his 10-song sophomore album titled Growing Up Is Getting Old on April 28.
- Watch the video for the “unplugged” version of Jessica Andrews‘ latest single, “Everything,” which Jim reviewed last November.
- Carrie Underwood‘s remake of the Mötley Crüe song “Home Sweet Home” is the new send-off song for contestants who get the boot on American Idol.
- Walk the Line, Ray and Coal Miner’s Daughter are among EW.com’s list of “25 Best Biopics Ever.”
- The CMT New Video Evaluation Team considered new videos from Rascal Flatts for “Here Come Goodbye,” Jessica Harp for “Boy Like Me,” Caitlin & Will for “Even Now,” Dolly Parton for “Backwoods Barbie” and the winner of Gone Country 3 Sheila E. for her song “Glorious Train.”
- Joey + Rory need a crowd for their next video, “Play the Song.” Filming will be held at Nashville Crossing from 5-7PM tonight. (via NashvilleGab)
- UMG and YouTube have begun talks to launch a new music video site that offers higher quality videos.
- Lady Antebellum exuded a genuine, unforced chemistry at their Monday night RodeoHouston performance, but Joey Guerra says a few of their tunes were instantly forgettable and served as little more than filler between better cover songs.
- Texas Music Matters posted a recording of Justin Townes Earle‘s “Lone Pine Hill” from the KUT studios at SXSW last year.
- Country Universe’s Kevin J. Coyne has a great interview with Kathy Mattea on the subject of her career and her latest album, Coal.
- Paige: Oh damn. :( I never commented here and I haven't been listening to any music at all since Thanksgiving (it …
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …