Jamey Johnson Debuts Video for “In Color”
- Checkout the brand spankin’ new video for Jamey Johnson‘s “In Color.” Sound off in the comments, does the video live up to the song?
- Kenny Chesney isn’t a big fan of the new fan-voted Entertainer of the Year award, however he still remains respectful of the fans.
“The entertainer of the year award is the top award, and it represents work and sacrifice and commitment. And it should not be about what artist can push people’s buttons on the Internet. I think the Academy should really reconsider the way it does this award.”
Rascal Flatts‘ Gary LeVox, whose band offered a free download on their website for those who voted, feels differently:
“It’s about time,” that the fans get to vote, he said. “The reason the three of us have jobs is the fans. So I think it’s incredible. Hopefully, that continues.”
- Calvin Gilbert has a recap of the ACM New Artist Showcase, featuring all the new artist nominees minus The Wreckers, at the MGM Grand on Saturday night. He says Sarah Buxton provided the biggest surprise when she performed because she was backed by none other than Keith Urban and his band. If that’s not a ringing endorsement, I don’t know what is.
- Taylor Swift had this to say about her latest single, “Should’ve Said No,” that she played at the ACM Awards last night:
“I wrote this song by myself, and it literally took me just 20 minutes to write before we recorded it,” she says. “I was living every line in this song at the time. I wrote this song about a guy who cheated on me who shouldn’t have.”
- The controversy of cell phones at concerts continues. Artists are frustrated, they feel like cell phones are distractions, like people aren’t really there to listen to the music.
- Miranda Lambert joined PopMatters for an edition of 20 Questions. (via Twang Nation)
- One of the winners of the recent giveaway we did in honor of Willie Nelson‘s 75th birthday is already getting good use out of his Willie braids. That’s one boy who’s gettin’ a proper raisin’.
- A poll released by AOL Television shows Carrie Underwood as the all-time most popular American Idol winner. She also partnered with Nintendo as one of three female celebrities promoting a new color of DS in their new commercials.
- The Lost Highway blogger Matt took a job with Roughstock as their new content editor. Congrats, Matt, I’ll be interested in seeing what you guys do with the site.
- NPR is featuring a past interview with Chris Gaffney and bandmate Dave Gonzales of the Hacienda Brothers.
- ESPN has a video interview with Dale Jr. and Dierks Bentley. Good stuff. (via Galleywinter)
- With his solo tour, Social Distortion’s lead singer Mike Ness says he’s “trying to bring the dirt back into country,” and add “a little bit of an edge to a music that’s become very homogenized.” He has studio time booked for early 2009 but hasn’t decided whether he’ll do a solo disc or a Social D disc. He said the band has been kicking around the idea of an all-acoustic disc as well.
- Free mp3: For the next four days Due West is making their song “Sweet Gravity” available for free download on their blog.
- Country Universe’s “100 Greatest Women” feature hit the halfway threshold last Friday with Jeannie C. Riley, and continued it’s downward trek to number one over the weekend with Olivia Newton-John and Lulu Belle.
- As we reported previously, Sugarland‘s third album, Love on the Inside, is due to drop on July 22nd.
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley paying tribute to Eddy Arnold at the ACM Awards with a performance of “Make the World Go Away.”
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.