Jamey Johnson Debuts Video for “In Color”
- Checkout the brand spankin’ new video for Jamey Johnson‘s “In Color.” Sound off in the comments, does the video live up to the song?
- Kenny Chesney isn’t a big fan of the new fan-voted Entertainer of the Year award, however he still remains respectful of the fans.
“The entertainer of the year award is the top award, and it represents work and sacrifice and commitment. And it should not be about what artist can push people’s buttons on the Internet. I think the Academy should really reconsider the way it does this award.”
Rascal Flatts‘ Gary LeVox, whose band offered a free download on their website for those who voted, feels differently:
“It’s about time,” that the fans get to vote, he said. “The reason the three of us have jobs is the fans. So I think it’s incredible. Hopefully, that continues.”
- Calvin Gilbert has a recap of the ACM New Artist Showcase, featuring all the new artist nominees minus The Wreckers, at the MGM Grand on Saturday night. He says Sarah Buxton provided the biggest surprise when she performed because she was backed by none other than Keith Urban and his band. If that’s not a ringing endorsement, I don’t know what is.
- Taylor Swift had this to say about her latest single, “Should’ve Said No,” that she played at the ACM Awards last night:
“I wrote this song by myself, and it literally took me just 20 minutes to write before we recorded it,” she says. “I was living every line in this song at the time. I wrote this song about a guy who cheated on me who shouldn’t have.”
- The controversy of cell phones at concerts continues. Artists are frustrated, they feel like cell phones are distractions, like people aren’t really there to listen to the music.
- Miranda Lambert joined PopMatters for an edition of 20 Questions. (via Twang Nation)
- One of the winners of the recent giveaway we did in honor of Willie Nelson‘s 75th birthday is already getting good use out of his Willie braids. That’s one boy who’s gettin’ a proper raisin’.
- A poll released by AOL Television shows Carrie Underwood as the all-time most popular American Idol winner. She also partnered with Nintendo as one of three female celebrities promoting a new color of DS in their new commercials.
- The Lost Highway blogger Matt took a job with Roughstock as their new content editor. Congrats, Matt, I’ll be interested in seeing what you guys do with the site.
- NPR is featuring a past interview with Chris Gaffney and bandmate Dave Gonzales of the Hacienda Brothers.
- ESPN has a video interview with Dale Jr. and Dierks Bentley. Good stuff. (via Galleywinter)
- With his solo tour, Social Distortion’s lead singer Mike Ness says he’s “trying to bring the dirt back into country,” and add “a little bit of an edge to a music that’s become very homogenized.” He has studio time booked for early 2009 but hasn’t decided whether he’ll do a solo disc or a Social D disc. He said the band has been kicking around the idea of an all-acoustic disc as well.
- Free mp3: For the next four days Due West is making their song “Sweet Gravity” available for free download on their blog.
- Country Universe’s “100 Greatest Women” feature hit the halfway threshold last Friday with Jeannie C. Riley, and continued it’s downward trek to number one over the weekend with Olivia Newton-John and Lulu Belle.
- As we reported previously, Sugarland‘s third album, Love on the Inside, is due to drop on July 22nd.
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley paying tribute to Eddy Arnold at the ACM Awards with a performance of “Make the World Go Away.”
- Tom: ...it is almost the year 2015 - ain't it about time we leave people (celebrities included) having the personal relations …
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …