Jamey Johnson Celebrates Gold; Forthcoming Country Music Book Releases; Miranda Moves Billy Bob’s Crowd
- Jamey Johnson celebrated the success of The Guitar Song, which was certified Gold, on Friday.
- The Star-Telegram’s Preston Jones ranks Miranda Lambert‘s performance of “The House That Built Me” at Billy Bob’s Texas on Friday night as one of the most moving concert moments he’s experienced.
As she spoke about growing up in small-town Texas, tears began to glisten on her cheeks and she revealed that her grandmother passed away the night of the Grammys: the wonderful colliding with the terrible. She dedicated the song to her late grandmother and was visibly overwhelmed at times during its performance.
- CMT has the lowdown on several forthcoming, country music-related book releases.
- Holly Gleason profiled the offspring (Colin Gilmore, Justin Townes Earle, Chelsea Crowell, Dustin and Savannah Welch) of several artists who gained fame in “Nashville’s Great Credibility Scare of the ’80s” for the Los Angeles Times. (via Quotable Country)
- Country California: Quotable Country – 02/20/11 Edition
- NPR is streaming the new album from Lucinda Williams, Blessed, in its entirety.
- For Robbie Fulks, having an out of print record is a badge of honor.
- New videos:
- luckyoldsun: Actually, it strikes me as a rather iffy subject for a museum. What kind of exhibits would they have? Jones …
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!