Jamey Johnson Celebrates Gold; Forthcoming Country Music Book Releases; Miranda Moves Billy Bob’s Crowd
- Jamey Johnson celebrated the success of The Guitar Song, which was certified Gold, on Friday.
- The Star-Telegram’s Preston Jones ranks Miranda Lambert‘s performance of “The House That Built Me” at Billy Bob’s Texas on Friday night as one of the most moving concert moments he’s experienced.
As she spoke about growing up in small-town Texas, tears began to glisten on her cheeks and she revealed that her grandmother passed away the night of the Grammys: the wonderful colliding with the terrible. She dedicated the song to her late grandmother and was visibly overwhelmed at times during its performance.
- CMT has the lowdown on several forthcoming, country music-related book releases.
- Holly Gleason profiled the offspring (Colin Gilmore, Justin Townes Earle, Chelsea Crowell, Dustin and Savannah Welch) of several artists who gained fame in “Nashville’s Great Credibility Scare of the ’80s” for the Los Angeles Times. (via Quotable Country)
- Country California: Quotable Country – 02/20/11 Edition
- NPR is streaming the new album from Lucinda Williams, Blessed, in its entirety.
- For Robbie Fulks, having an out of print record is a badge of honor.
- New videos:
- Leeann Ward: Um, that's too much geekery for me to follow, Sam! My husband would understand you though.:)
- Jack Williams: Alabama Shakes won the AMA Emerging artist award couple of years ago. Also, classic soul influenced artists like Bettye Lavette, …
- Applejack: It certainly seems to me like the inclusion of St. Paul and the Broken Bones stretches the limits of how …
- Stuart Munro: Yes, that's the issue: is the tent so big as to have no boundaries? What *isn't* Americana? Is jazz? Is …
- Jack Williams: Um, roots music, that is.
- Jack Williams: Well, Americana is a pretty big tent. Classic southern soul falls under my personal definition of root music.
- Stuart Munro: Is it just me...or does the idea of St. Paul and the Broken Bones being an Americana act really strain …
- Sam G.: Loki Is playing Hank Williams in a new movie, and Thor bought the rights to a book about him. I …
- Roger: Fabulous interview and fantastic new music that I will listen to over and over again.
- Applejack: It's not just you, Andrew L. I just listened to the clips on Amazon, and the autotune effect is terrible.