Jamey Johnson Celebrates Gold; Forthcoming Country Music Book Releases; Miranda Moves Billy Bob’s Crowd
- Jamey Johnson celebrated the success of The Guitar Song, which was certified Gold, on Friday.
- The Star-Telegram’s Preston Jones ranks Miranda Lambert‘s performance of “The House That Built Me” at Billy Bob’s Texas on Friday night as one of the most moving concert moments he’s experienced.
As she spoke about growing up in small-town Texas, tears began to glisten on her cheeks and she revealed that her grandmother passed away the night of the Grammys: the wonderful colliding with the terrible. She dedicated the song to her late grandmother and was visibly overwhelmed at times during its performance.
- CMT has the lowdown on several forthcoming, country music-related book releases.
- Holly Gleason profiled the offspring (Colin Gilmore, Justin Townes Earle, Chelsea Crowell, Dustin and Savannah Welch) of several artists who gained fame in “Nashville’s Great Credibility Scare of the ’80s” for the Los Angeles Times. (via Quotable Country)
- Country California: Quotable Country – 02/20/11 Edition
- NPR is streaming the new album from Lucinda Williams, Blessed, in its entirety.
- For Robbie Fulks, having an out of print record is a badge of honor.
- New videos:
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.
- Janice Brooks: Peter Cooper needs an edit. Stringbean did not die in 1964.
- Leeann: I can't contribute to this list, but I did think of Steve Earle and The Wire. It's not my …
- Jeremy Dylan: That was a great episode of Monk. The "Georgia On My Mind" scene is just heartbreaking.