Jamey Johnson Celebrates Gold; Forthcoming Country Music Book Releases; Miranda Moves Billy Bob’s Crowd
- Jamey Johnson celebrated the success of The Guitar Song, which was certified Gold, on Friday.
- The Star-Telegram’s Preston Jones ranks Miranda Lambert‘s performance of “The House That Built Me” at Billy Bob’s Texas on Friday night as one of the most moving concert moments he’s experienced.
As she spoke about growing up in small-town Texas, tears began to glisten on her cheeks and she revealed that her grandmother passed away the night of the Grammys: the wonderful colliding with the terrible. She dedicated the song to her late grandmother and was visibly overwhelmed at times during its performance.
- CMT has the lowdown on several forthcoming, country music-related book releases.
- Holly Gleason profiled the offspring (Colin Gilmore, Justin Townes Earle, Chelsea Crowell, Dustin and Savannah Welch) of several artists who gained fame in “Nashville’s Great Credibility Scare of the ’80s” for the Los Angeles Times. (via Quotable Country)
- Country California: Quotable Country – 02/20/11 Edition
- NPR is streaming the new album from Lucinda Williams, Blessed, in its entirety.
- For Robbie Fulks, having an out of print record is a badge of honor.
- New videos:
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!
- bob: Good day with news of PrizeFighter Trisha and Drunken Martina.
- John Fuller: Oh yeah!! Crispy sweet!
- Rick Mifflin: Sublime