Isbell Plays Conan; London Cowboys Stage Line Dance Protest; Album Releases
- Get the story behind Curly Putnam’s Green Green Grass of Home.” Is there a sadder twist ending in country music than the one in this song?
- Jason Isbell performed “Flying Over Water” on Conan last night. Isbell also sang “Different Days” for CMT Edge.
- Here’s your first look at Carrie Underwood as Maria in The Sound of Music.
- Henry Carrigan did a fine interview with Linda Ronstadt.
- On what would have been Hank Williams’ 90th birthday, stream Joey Allcorn’s “The Death of Hank Williams.”
- Shovels & Rope played a Tiny Desk Concert.
- Roger Cook will be celebrated by the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum as part of their Poets & Prophets series. Cook co-wrote songs like “I Just Want to Dance with You” and the insanely catchy jingle “Buy the World a Coke.”
- Starting next Tuesday, a trio of bluegrass e-books will be available for $2.99 for a limited time.
- Brian Mansfield wrote a feature on Chris Young for USA Today. (warning: autoplay)
- The Avett Brothers discuss their new song, “Another Is Waiting,” in a new video.
- The 615 premiered Billy Currington’s new video.
- The Devil Makes Three played “Walk On Boy” for Live & Breathing.
- A group of protesters dressed as cowboys and cowgirls danced outside a few London radio stations in an attempt to get more country music on UK radio.
- Senator Lamar Alexander donated the original “Tennessee Waltz” manuscript to the University of Tennessee.
- Tim McGraw is about to start shooting a Disney film; Tomorrowland will also star George Clooney.
- This week’s album releases (thanks for buying your music through our affiliate links; it doesn’t cost you extra, but helps us keep the lights on):
Band of Heathens – Sunday Morning Record
Del McCoury Band – The Streets of Baltimore
Chris Young – A.M.
Tim O’Brien & Darrell Scott – Memories and Moments
Tony Joe White – Hoodoo
Kellye Gray – And, They Call Us Cowboys: The Texas Music Project
Garland Jeffreys – Truth Serum
Pete Anderson – Birds Above Guitarland
Audrey Auld – Tonk
Fats Kaplin – The Fatman Cometh & World of Wonder
Justin Moore – Off the Beaten Path
Billy Currington – We Are Tonight
Darin & Brooke Aldridge – Flying
Zachary Lucky – The Ballad of Losing You
Mark Pickerel & His Praying Hands – Tess
Mike Beck – Tribute
Left Lane Cruiser – Rock Them Back to Hell
Twin Forks – Twin Forks EP
Kendall Beard – All Around Girl
Kenny Feinstein – Loveless: Hurts to Love (My Bloody Valentine tribute record)
Various Artists – High Cotton: A Tribute to Alabama
- Tom: ...it is almost the year 2015 - ain't it about time we leave people (celebrities included) having the personal relations …
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …