Hot Club of Cowtown to Release Bob Wills Tribute; Snoop Dogg Weighs In On Willie
- Hot Club of Cowtown plans to pay tribute to the music of Bob Wills with a new album, due out Feb. 1, titled What Makes Bob Holler.
- The Washington Post‘s Chris Richards profiled Merle Haggard. (via CMT)
- Elizabeth Cook, Taylor Swift, and Jamey Johnson got nods from Rolling Stone in its list for the best albums of 2010.
- Even with the American Country Awards, FOX wasn’t able to lure enough viewers to beat out shows like How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men.
- The Eli Young Band got a little extra attention after lead singer Mike Eli momentarily forgot the words to “The Star-Spangled Banner” before Sunday’s Chiefs-Broncos games.
- NPR: Jim Lauderdale on World Cafe | Jimmy Webb on Mountain Stage
- Here’s video of Ashton Shepherd performing her new single acoustically (skip to 1:50 for the beginning of the song).
- Our Country’s Chris Willman suggests Blake Shelton as a host for next year’s American Country Awards and thinks the show should make an effort to out-Golden-Globe the Golden Globes:
Adkins wouldn’t be anyone’s idea of a smooth host, but that was the idea, and his no-nonsense manner led to the show’s most spontaneous moments—which afforded a glimpse of how much fun the telecast could be if it let down its hair, handed out some drinks, and tried to become the Golden Globes of country awards instead of just a rush of random performance slots.
- Nashville’s annual Tin Pan South Songwriters Festival is scheduled for March 29 through April 2 next year.
- Spin’s list of “The 40 Best Albums of 2010″ includes Jamey Johnson‘s The Guitar Song at No. 5.
- Country California Fake News: Ray Price, Connie Smith Big Winners at American Country Awards
- That Nashville Sound’s Top 100 Songs Of 2010
- Songwriter Dallas Frazier will be honored by the Country Music Hall of Fame on Saturday in the next edition of its Poets and Prophets: Legendary Country Songwriters series.
- Don’t forget about the Adam Carroll and Michael O’Connor album Hard Times, which was released earlier this year.
- Snoop Dogg weighed in on the recent Willie Nelson arrest:
“Sometimes you need to back up off of certain people and have a certain amount of respect for your elders. And Willie Nelson is our elder … If you got a problem with Willie Nelson, you got a problem with me.”
- Need a gift for an Opry fan? Check out Tune Town Trivia: The Grand Ole Opry’s Ultimate Country Music Trivia Book.
Here’s a video of Drew Kennedy performing “The Captain and the Highway,” a song that’ll appear on his next album.
- nm: Does anyone know whatever became of the album that Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer were going to do together?
- luckyoldsun: I'm not surprised. Artists who can't get seem to get a satisfactory deal with a commercial label always say how …
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.