Hot Club of Cowtown to Release Bob Wills Tribute; Snoop Dogg Weighs In On Willie
- Hot Club of Cowtown plans to pay tribute to the music of Bob Wills with a new album, due out Feb. 1, titled What Makes Bob Holler.
- The Washington Post‘s Chris Richards profiled Merle Haggard. (via CMT)
- Elizabeth Cook, Taylor Swift, and Jamey Johnson got nods from Rolling Stone in its list for the best albums of 2010.
- Even with the American Country Awards, FOX wasn’t able to lure enough viewers to beat out shows like How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men.
- The Eli Young Band got a little extra attention after lead singer Mike Eli momentarily forgot the words to “The Star-Spangled Banner” before Sunday’s Chiefs-Broncos games.
- NPR: Jim Lauderdale on World Cafe | Jimmy Webb on Mountain Stage
- Here’s video of Ashton Shepherd performing her new single acoustically (skip to 1:50 for the beginning of the song).
- Our Country’s Chris Willman suggests Blake Shelton as a host for next year’s American Country Awards and thinks the show should make an effort to out-Golden-Globe the Golden Globes:
Adkins wouldn’t be anyone’s idea of a smooth host, but that was the idea, and his no-nonsense manner led to the show’s most spontaneous moments—which afforded a glimpse of how much fun the telecast could be if it let down its hair, handed out some drinks, and tried to become the Golden Globes of country awards instead of just a rush of random performance slots.
- Nashville’s annual Tin Pan South Songwriters Festival is scheduled for March 29 through April 2 next year.
- Spin’s list of “The 40 Best Albums of 2010″ includes Jamey Johnson‘s The Guitar Song at No. 5.
- Country California Fake News: Ray Price, Connie Smith Big Winners at American Country Awards
- That Nashville Sound’s Top 100 Songs Of 2010
- Songwriter Dallas Frazier will be honored by the Country Music Hall of Fame on Saturday in the next edition of its Poets and Prophets: Legendary Country Songwriters series.
- Don’t forget about the Adam Carroll and Michael O’Connor album Hard Times, which was released earlier this year.
- Snoop Dogg weighed in on the recent Willie Nelson arrest:
“Sometimes you need to back up off of certain people and have a certain amount of respect for your elders. And Willie Nelson is our elder … If you got a problem with Willie Nelson, you got a problem with me.”
- Need a gift for an Opry fan? Check out Tune Town Trivia: The Grand Ole Opry’s Ultimate Country Music Trivia Book.
Here’s a video of Drew Kennedy performing “The Captain and the Highway,” a song that’ll appear on his next album.
- Tom: ...it is almost the year 2015 - ain't it about time we leave people (celebrities included) having the personal relations …
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …