HoF Inductees Announced; Cracker Barrel Plans Two-Disc Dolly Release; New Albums
- The 2012 Country Music Hall of Fame inductees were announced this morning: Hargus “Pig” Robbins (Recording and/or Touring Musician) , Connie Smith (Veterans Era Artist), and Garth Brooks (Modern Era Artist).
- On April 2, Cracker Barrel will release CD/DVD set An Evening with…Dolly, featuring performances from Parton’s sold-out concert at London’s O2 Arena.
- The name on Tammy Wynette’s tomb has been changed to Virginia W Richardson: Wynette’s given name was Virginia Wynette Pugh. Her husband at the time of her death was George Richey, whose birth name was Richardson. Wynette and Richey were married from 1978 until her death. A spokeswoman for the funeral home that houses the mausoleum told CMT.com the name was changed “a couple of weeks ago at the request of the family.” However, a second source at the funeral home estimated the name was changed “four to six months” ago. It is against the funeral home’s policy to reveal who specifically authorized the change.
- The Carolina Chocolate Drops stopped by WNYC; here’s some footage of their performance.
- Jake Owen was recently on the talk show Chelsea Lately (warning: autoplay).
- Carrie Underwood’s upcoming album, dropping May 1, will be called Blown Away. Check out the album cover here, and Farce the Music’s version here.
- Speaking of Underwood, she surprised Brad Paisley at his show last Friday when she made a guest appearance.
- Special Consensus announced that their next album, Scratch Gravel Road, will come out on March 27.
- The newest edition of Quotable Country features Merle Haggard, Tracy Lawrence, and more.
- The Mountain Music Project, a documentary which explores similarities between Appalachian and Himalayan music, is now available on CD and DVD.
- This week’s album releases:
Steel Wheels – Lay Down, Lay Low
The Hobart Brothers & Lil’ Sis Hobart – At Least We Have Each Other
Todd Snider – Agnostic Hymns & Stoner Fables
Bruce Springsteen – Wrecking Ball
Rick Nelson – The Complete Epic Recordings
Neal McCoy — XII
JB & The Moonshine Band – Beer for Breakfast
Clarence White – Flatpick (Deluxe Edition)
Demolition String Band – Gracious Days
Luke Bryan — Spring Break 4: Suntan City
Julie Lee – Julie Lee & The Baby-Daddies
Katie Glassman — Snapshot