History of The Eagles DVD Giveaway
The Eagles are a fantastic subject for a film; after all, not only are they one of the most influential bands of the past 40 years, but their story has more drama than a week’s worth of General Hospital. The three-hour documentary History of the Eagles premiered on Showtime earlier this year and received several positive reviews (here’s one from American Songwriter).
Our friends at Capitol Records have hooked us up with a copy of the three-disc set–which includes both parts of the documentary as well as concert footage taken from a 1977 stop in D.C. during the Hotel California tour–to give to an Engine 145 reader. To enter the contest, leave a comment mentioning your favorite Eagles song below before Monday, June 24, at 9 a.m. Eastern. A winner will be notified by email, so be sure to use a valid address.
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.
- Janice Brooks: Peter Cooper needs an edit. Stringbean did not die in 1964.
- Leeann: I can't contribute to this list, but I did think of Steve Earle and The Wire. It's not my …
- Jeremy Dylan: That was a great episode of Monk. The "Georgia On My Mind" scene is just heartbreaking.