History of The Eagles DVD Giveaway
The Eagles are a fantastic subject for a film; after all, not only are they one of the most influential bands of the past 40 years, but their story has more drama than a week’s worth of General Hospital. The three-hour documentary History of the Eagles premiered on Showtime earlier this year and received several positive reviews (here’s one from American Songwriter).
Our friends at Capitol Records have hooked us up with a copy of the three-disc set–which includes both parts of the documentary as well as concert footage taken from a 1977 stop in D.C. during the Hotel California tour–to give to an Engine 145 reader. To enter the contest, leave a comment mentioning your favorite Eagles song below before Monday, June 24, at 9 a.m. Eastern. A winner will be notified by email, so be sure to use a valid address.
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!
- bob: Good day with news of PrizeFighter Trisha and Drunken Martina.
- John Fuller: Oh yeah!! Crispy sweet!
- Rick Mifflin: Sublime
- Leeann: Very nice!
- luckyoldsun: Paul, Good info. It's pretty disgraceful that Billboard editors can't even get musical history remotely right regarding even their own publication. The …
- Juli Thanki: Yep, I'll be there. Looking forward to it!