Hall of Famer Charlie Louvin Passed Away Early This Morning at the Age of 83
If you get a chance, check out his final recordings, released as a two-song project at the Country Music Hall of Fame. It contains “Alabama,” the first song ever recorded by The Louvin Brothers, and “Back When We Were Young,” a song written by the great Tom T. Hall. Proceeds will help offset the medical bills he left behind.
- A twenty-or-so-second clip of Ronnie Dunn‘s first post-Brooks & Dunn single “Bleed Red” is streaming at his website. The full version will begin streaming on Friday.
- Trace Adkins talked to CNN’s Denise Quan about his new single, “Brown Chicken Brown Cow,” politics, and Justin Bieber. Check out the video clip for a few behind-the-scenes shots of his new music video, which stars a Henson-style Adkins puppet.
- On the topic of Adkins, The Tennessean‘s Cindy Watts says he received the longest standing ovation of the evening for his performance of “Wayfaring Stranger” at Monday’s Gospel Music Hall of Fame induction ceremony. He performed the song in tribute to Johnny Cash.
- The title track and first single from Hayes Carll‘s new album, “KMAG YOYO,” is available for download. ( Amazon | iTunes )
- Luke Bryan‘s third spring break themed EP, Spring Break 3…It’s A Shore Thing, is scheduled for a March 1 release and will feature four new songs.
- For episode 22 of the Taproot Radio Podcast, host Calvin Powers interviewed Gurf Morlix.
- Joe Nichols has a new video for his song “The Shape I’m In.”
- A decade-long legal battle between representatives of Don Walser‘s estate and his former record labels finally came to an end yesterday. The Walsers were granted damages of about $30,000 and attorney fees, but were denied rights to the singer’s master recordings.
- Dierks Bentley plans to live stream the recording process for his next album when he heads into the studio next week.
- Wynonna revealed that she has a brother she’s never met.
- Newcomer Jacob Lyda is giving away an acoustic download of “Loving Is Better than Leaving” for people who “Like” his page. Not a Facebook user? Check out his website to stream his current single “I’m Doin’ Alright” and a few other song samples.
Here’s Willy and Cody Braun performing “I Never Liked St.Valentine,” an unreleased song Willy wrote with Todd Snider.
- Leeann Ward: Sheesh, Paul, that's a random/strange dig!
- Jack Williams: After reading that New Yorker article, I canceled my pre-order of the Basement Tapes box set. I love Bob …
- Leeann Ward: Wow! How terrible for Dixie Hall and Tom.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Another twisted collection of songs to put into the Friday Five Hall of Fame, Juli.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …