Hall of Famer Charlie Louvin Passed Away Early This Morning at the Age of 83
If you get a chance, check out his final recordings, released as a two-song project at the Country Music Hall of Fame. It contains “Alabama,” the first song ever recorded by The Louvin Brothers, and “Back When We Were Young,” a song written by the great Tom T. Hall. Proceeds will help offset the medical bills he left behind.
- A twenty-or-so-second clip of Ronnie Dunn‘s first post-Brooks & Dunn single “Bleed Red” is streaming at his website. The full version will begin streaming on Friday.
- Trace Adkins talked to CNN’s Denise Quan about his new single, “Brown Chicken Brown Cow,” politics, and Justin Bieber. Check out the video clip for a few behind-the-scenes shots of his new music video, which stars a Henson-style Adkins puppet.
- On the topic of Adkins, The Tennessean‘s Cindy Watts says he received the longest standing ovation of the evening for his performance of “Wayfaring Stranger” at Monday’s Gospel Music Hall of Fame induction ceremony. He performed the song in tribute to Johnny Cash.
- The title track and first single from Hayes Carll‘s new album, “KMAG YOYO,” is available for download. ( Amazon | iTunes )
- Luke Bryan‘s third spring break themed EP, Spring Break 3…It’s A Shore Thing, is scheduled for a March 1 release and will feature four new songs.
- For episode 22 of the Taproot Radio Podcast, host Calvin Powers interviewed Gurf Morlix.
- Joe Nichols has a new video for his song “The Shape I’m In.”
- A decade-long legal battle between representatives of Don Walser‘s estate and his former record labels finally came to an end yesterday. The Walsers were granted damages of about $30,000 and attorney fees, but were denied rights to the singer’s master recordings.
- Dierks Bentley plans to live stream the recording process for his next album when he heads into the studio next week.
- Wynonna revealed that she has a brother she’s never met.
- Newcomer Jacob Lyda is giving away an acoustic download of “Loving Is Better than Leaving” for people who “Like” his page. Not a Facebook user? Check out his website to stream his current single “I’m Doin’ Alright” and a few other song samples.
Here’s Willy and Cody Braun performing “I Never Liked St.Valentine,” an unreleased song Willy wrote with Todd Snider.
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …