Hall of Famer Charlie Louvin Passed Away Early This Morning at the Age of 83
If you get a chance, check out his final recordings, released as a two-song project at the Country Music Hall of Fame. It contains “Alabama,” the first song ever recorded by The Louvin Brothers, and “Back When We Were Young,” a song written by the great Tom T. Hall. Proceeds will help offset the medical bills he left behind.
- A twenty-or-so-second clip of Ronnie Dunn‘s first post-Brooks & Dunn single “Bleed Red” is streaming at his website. The full version will begin streaming on Friday.
- Trace Adkins talked to CNN’s Denise Quan about his new single, “Brown Chicken Brown Cow,” politics, and Justin Bieber. Check out the video clip for a few behind-the-scenes shots of his new music video, which stars a Henson-style Adkins puppet.
- On the topic of Adkins, The Tennessean‘s Cindy Watts says he received the longest standing ovation of the evening for his performance of “Wayfaring Stranger” at Monday’s Gospel Music Hall of Fame induction ceremony. He performed the song in tribute to Johnny Cash.
- The title track and first single from Hayes Carll‘s new album, “KMAG YOYO,” is available for download. ( Amazon | iTunes )
- Luke Bryan‘s third spring break themed EP, Spring Break 3…It’s A Shore Thing, is scheduled for a March 1 release and will feature four new songs.
- For episode 22 of the Taproot Radio Podcast, host Calvin Powers interviewed Gurf Morlix.
- Joe Nichols has a new video for his song “The Shape I’m In.”
- A decade-long legal battle between representatives of Don Walser‘s estate and his former record labels finally came to an end yesterday. The Walsers were granted damages of about $30,000 and attorney fees, but were denied rights to the singer’s master recordings.
- Dierks Bentley plans to live stream the recording process for his next album when he heads into the studio next week.
- Wynonna revealed that she has a brother she’s never met.
- Newcomer Jacob Lyda is giving away an acoustic download of “Loving Is Better than Leaving” for people who “Like” his page. Not a Facebook user? Check out his website to stream his current single “I’m Doin’ Alright” and a few other song samples.
Here’s Willy and Cody Braun performing “I Never Liked St.Valentine,” an unreleased song Willy wrote with Todd Snider.
- Paige: Oh damn. :( I never commented here and I haven't been listening to any music at all since Thanksgiving (it …
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …