Hall of Famer Charlie Louvin Passed Away Early This Morning at the Age of 83
If you get a chance, check out his final recordings, released as a two-song project at the Country Music Hall of Fame. It contains “Alabama,” the first song ever recorded by The Louvin Brothers, and “Back When We Were Young,” a song written by the great Tom T. Hall. Proceeds will help offset the medical bills he left behind.
- A twenty-or-so-second clip of Ronnie Dunn‘s first post-Brooks & Dunn single “Bleed Red” is streaming at his website. The full version will begin streaming on Friday.
- Trace Adkins talked to CNN’s Denise Quan about his new single, “Brown Chicken Brown Cow,” politics, and Justin Bieber. Check out the video clip for a few behind-the-scenes shots of his new music video, which stars a Henson-style Adkins puppet.
- On the topic of Adkins, The Tennessean‘s Cindy Watts says he received the longest standing ovation of the evening for his performance of “Wayfaring Stranger” at Monday’s Gospel Music Hall of Fame induction ceremony. He performed the song in tribute to Johnny Cash.
- The title track and first single from Hayes Carll‘s new album, “KMAG YOYO,” is available for download. ( Amazon | iTunes )
- Luke Bryan‘s third spring break themed EP, Spring Break 3…It’s A Shore Thing, is scheduled for a March 1 release and will feature four new songs.
- For episode 22 of the Taproot Radio Podcast, host Calvin Powers interviewed Gurf Morlix.
- Joe Nichols has a new video for his song “The Shape I’m In.”
- A decade-long legal battle between representatives of Don Walser‘s estate and his former record labels finally came to an end yesterday. The Walsers were granted damages of about $30,000 and attorney fees, but were denied rights to the singer’s master recordings.
- Dierks Bentley plans to live stream the recording process for his next album when he heads into the studio next week.
- Wynonna revealed that she has a brother she’s never met.
- Newcomer Jacob Lyda is giving away an acoustic download of “Loving Is Better than Leaving” for people who “Like” his page. Not a Facebook user? Check out his website to stream his current single “I’m Doin’ Alright” and a few other song samples.
Here’s Willy and Cody Braun performing “I Never Liked St.Valentine,” an unreleased song Willy wrote with Todd Snider.
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.