Hall of Famer Charlie Louvin Passed Away Early This Morning at the Age of 83
If you get a chance, check out his final recordings, released as a two-song project at the Country Music Hall of Fame. It contains “Alabama,” the first song ever recorded by The Louvin Brothers, and “Back When We Were Young,” a song written by the great Tom T. Hall. Proceeds will help offset the medical bills he left behind.
- A twenty-or-so-second clip of Ronnie Dunn‘s first post-Brooks & Dunn single “Bleed Red” is streaming at his website. The full version will begin streaming on Friday.
- Trace Adkins talked to CNN’s Denise Quan about his new single, “Brown Chicken Brown Cow,” politics, and Justin Bieber. Check out the video clip for a few behind-the-scenes shots of his new music video, which stars a Henson-style Adkins puppet.
- On the topic of Adkins, The Tennessean‘s Cindy Watts says he received the longest standing ovation of the evening for his performance of “Wayfaring Stranger” at Monday’s Gospel Music Hall of Fame induction ceremony. He performed the song in tribute to Johnny Cash.
- The title track and first single from Hayes Carll‘s new album, “KMAG YOYO,” is available for download. ( Amazon | iTunes )
- Luke Bryan‘s third spring break themed EP, Spring Break 3…It’s A Shore Thing, is scheduled for a March 1 release and will feature four new songs.
- For episode 22 of the Taproot Radio Podcast, host Calvin Powers interviewed Gurf Morlix.
- Joe Nichols has a new video for his song “The Shape I’m In.”
- A decade-long legal battle between representatives of Don Walser‘s estate and his former record labels finally came to an end yesterday. The Walsers were granted damages of about $30,000 and attorney fees, but were denied rights to the singer’s master recordings.
- Dierks Bentley plans to live stream the recording process for his next album when he heads into the studio next week.
- Wynonna revealed that she has a brother she’s never met.
- Newcomer Jacob Lyda is giving away an acoustic download of “Loving Is Better than Leaving” for people who “Like” his page. Not a Facebook user? Check out his website to stream his current single “I’m Doin’ Alright” and a few other song samples.
Here’s Willy and Cody Braun performing “I Never Liked St.Valentine,” an unreleased song Willy wrote with Todd Snider.
- Applejack: It's not just you, Andrew L. I just listened to the clips on Amazon, and the autotune effect is terrible.
- Andrew L.: Is it just me or does Strait sound horribly autotuned on the clips for the new live album? I can't …
- Juli Thanki: You'll get to hear it pretty soon: The Wall Street Journal is going to stream the album on their website …
- Leeann Ward: Way to go to David Cantwell for getting a name drop! Great interview, Juli! Womack's new album is awesome! I've not always …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: Great interview as always, Juli! The new album is fantastic. "Same Kind of Different" is my favorite cut although "Fly" is …
- Dave D.: Good interview. Looking forward to the new record, and particularly interested in hearing her version of Brennen Leigh's "Sleeping with …
- nm: I guess it's not surprising that a singer who gets her songs all over the place, the way Womack does, …
- SunsetPark: As a Pennsylvanian to this day, thanks for the list. I haven't heard the Quecreek song and so can't …
- Paul W Dennis: I would urge readers to check out the Billy Edd Wheeler salute on October 18, 2014. Billy Edd Wheeler is …
- Leeann Ward: I'm really liking Pink's folk duo song! I'm looking forward to the album!