Grammy Nominations Announced; New Videos from Don Williams, Hunter Hayes; Chelle Rose, The Mavericks Added to SXSW Roster
- The Grammy nominees were announced last night. Taylor Swift and Mumford and Sons were nominated for Record of the Year and Album of the Year, respectively. You can read the entire list of nominations here.
Best Country Solo Performance
Dierks Bentley, “Home”
Eric Church, “Springsteen”
Ronnie Dunn, “Cost of Livin’”
Hunter Hayes, “Wanted”
Blake Shelton, “Over”
Carrie Underwood, “Blown Away”
Best Country Duo/Group Performance
Eli Young Band, “Even If It Breaks Your Heart”
Little Big Town, “Pontoon”
Taylor Swift & The Civil Wars, “Safe and Sound”
Time Jumpers, “On the Outskirts of Town”
Don Williams featuring Alison Krauss, “I Just Come Here for the Music”
Best Country Song
“Blown Away,” Josh Kear & Chris Tompkins, songwriters (Carrie Underwood)
“Cost of Livin’,” Phillip Coleman & Ronnie Dunn, songwriters (Ronnie Dunn)
“Even If It Breaks Your Heart,” Will Hoge & Eric Paslay, songwriters (Eli Young Band)
“So You Don’t Have to Love Me Anymore,” Jay Knowles & Adam Wright, songwriters (Alan Jackson)
“Springsteen,” Eric Church, Jeff Hyde & Ryan Tyndell, songwriters (Eric Church)
Best Country Album
Zac Brown Band, Uncaged
Hunter Hayes, Hunter Hayes
Jamey Johnson, Living for a Song: A Tribute to Hank Cochran
Miranda Lambert, Four the Record
The Time Jumpers, The Time Jumpers
Best Americana Album
Avett Brothers, The Carpenter
John Fullbright, From the Ground Up
The Lumineers, The Lumineers
Mumford & Sons, Babel
Bonnie Raitt, Slipstream
Best Bluegrass Album
Dailey & Vincent, The Gospel Side of Dailey & Vincent
The Grascals, Life Finds a Way
Noam Pikelny, Beat the Devil and Carry a Rail
Special Consensus, Scratch Gravel Road
Steep Canyon Rangers, Nobody Knows You
Best Blues Album
Shemekia Copeland, 33 1/3
Dr. John, Locked Down
Ruthie Foster, Let It Burn
Heritage Blues Orchestra, And Still I Rise
Joan Osborne, Bring It on Home
Best Folk Album
Carolina Chocolate Drops, Leaving Eden
Ry Cooder, Election Special
Luther Dickinson, Hambone’s Meditations
Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan, Edgar Meyer & Chris Thile, The Goat Rodeo Sessions
Various Artists, This One’s for Him: A Tribute to Guy Clark
- Dave Brubeck passed away yesterday, a day before his 92nd birthday.
- Here’s Don Williams’ new music video for “Imagine That,” featuring Keith Urban.
- Loretta Lynn was on Nightline yesterday. Watch here.
- Gretchen Wilson plans to release two EPs in 2013.
- Chris Young has been placed on vocal rest and has postponed the rest of this week’s concerts.
- Sheryl Crow’s cut a country record; the album’s debut single will be released in March.
- Lady Antebellum performed “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” for Yahoo’s RAM Country.
- Jewly Hight wrote a feature on Will Hoge for CMT Edge.
- Blake Shelton is the Artist of the Month at My Kind of Country. Jonathan Pappalardo takes a look back at his self-titled debut.
- Here’s the new video for Hunter Hayes’ “Somebody’s Heartbreak.”
- David W. Johnson’s book Lonesome Melodies: The Lives and Music of the Stanley Brothers looks like it’ll be an entertaining read.
- SXSW announced additions to their already extensive list of acts performing at next year’s festival, including The Mavericks, Scott H. Biram, Laura Cantrell, Chelle Rose, and Richard Thompson.
- Listen to Ryan Adams’ “Shining Through the Dark” from upcoming film This is 40.
- On Monday, Taylor Swift received the Ripple of Hope Award from the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights.
- Edd Hurt wrote a feature on Wanda Jackson for the Nashville Scene.
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …