Going Once: Former Home of Johnny Cash’s Parents Up For Bid
- The former home of Johnny Cash‘s parents, which sits across the street from where Johnny and June’s home was burned down last year, is up for sale on eBay. For only 1.4 million dollars you get the house, Johnny Cash memorabilia, including a gold record of “I Walk the Line,” and you’ll be neighbors with Marty Stuart and Connie Smith.
- Emily West has a new song on MySpace titled “I Hate Love.”
- Caitlin Lynn, one-half of the winning duo from CMT’s Can You Duet, describes her and singing partner Will Snyder’s new album as “a cross between Keith Urban and us.” She’s particularly proud of a song she co-wrote with judge Aimee Mayo titled “Address In the Stars,” a tribute to Lynn’s aunt and Mayo’s father and grandmother who have passed away.
- Unlike a lot of other Texas artists who live and tour in Texas, Trent Willmon lives in Nashville, has for the past 11 years, and tours Texas. He describes the life in Nashville for someone like him:
“Nashville is a city of broken dreams; it’s a heartbreak town,” Willmon says. “You show up with your hopes and dreams in a bag. And the only thing that’s guaranteed to keep you from success is moving back home. Persistence is the only way to get anywhere in that town. What’s kept me going is seeing people more talented than I am who still can’t get arrested in Nashville. But every time I think about packing up that pickup truck and move back to Texas, I’ll get a song cut. It keeps me around, like a gold flake you find in the creek. You always think you’ll find the mother lode.”
- A London exhibit featuring rare Johnny Cash photographs will be opened next month, July 24th to be exact. The photos will document his early years in the music business to the final days leading up to his death in 2003.
- NBC plans to expand Nashville Star from its current 90 minute format to two-hour episodes for the next couple of weeks.
- In an interview with San Antonio Express-News, Texas governor Rick Perry said country music performers Tracy Byrd, Mark Chesnutt and Clay Walker have come forward and offered to help raise money to rebuild the Governor’s Mansion, which burned earlier this month when an individual ignited a object and threw it onto the porch. The mansion has been the official home of every Texas governor since it was completed in 1856.
- Deana Carter talks travel with Doug Miller in a special to msnbc.com.
- Aaron Tippin‘s mother passed away on Saturday at the age of 83. His most recent album, He Believed, was released through Cracker Barrel and was a tribute to his father who passed away about three years ago.
- Trace Adkins admits being on TV might have had a little to do with his song “You’re Gonna Miss This” going to No. 1, but he isn’t so sure that Celebrity Apprentice is soley responsible for it staying there three weeks. Either way, he says Donald Trump will take credit for it anyways.
- People.com has a an exclusive first look at the video for Jason Aldean‘s “Relentless.”
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.