Going Once: Former Home of Johnny Cash’s Parents Up For Bid
- The former home of Johnny Cash‘s parents, which sits across the street from where Johnny and June’s home was burned down last year, is up for sale on eBay. For only 1.4 million dollars you get the house, Johnny Cash memorabilia, including a gold record of “I Walk the Line,” and you’ll be neighbors with Marty Stuart and Connie Smith.
- Emily West has a new song on MySpace titled “I Hate Love.”
- Caitlin Lynn, one-half of the winning duo from CMT’s Can You Duet, describes her and singing partner Will Snyder’s new album as “a cross between Keith Urban and us.” She’s particularly proud of a song she co-wrote with judge Aimee Mayo titled “Address In the Stars,” a tribute to Lynn’s aunt and Mayo’s father and grandmother who have passed away.
- Unlike a lot of other Texas artists who live and tour in Texas, Trent Willmon lives in Nashville, has for the past 11 years, and tours Texas. He describes the life in Nashville for someone like him:
“Nashville is a city of broken dreams; it’s a heartbreak town,” Willmon says. “You show up with your hopes and dreams in a bag. And the only thing that’s guaranteed to keep you from success is moving back home. Persistence is the only way to get anywhere in that town. What’s kept me going is seeing people more talented than I am who still can’t get arrested in Nashville. But every time I think about packing up that pickup truck and move back to Texas, I’ll get a song cut. It keeps me around, like a gold flake you find in the creek. You always think you’ll find the mother lode.”
- A London exhibit featuring rare Johnny Cash photographs will be opened next month, July 24th to be exact. The photos will document his early years in the music business to the final days leading up to his death in 2003.
- NBC plans to expand Nashville Star from its current 90 minute format to two-hour episodes for the next couple of weeks.
- In an interview with San Antonio Express-News, Texas governor Rick Perry said country music performers Tracy Byrd, Mark Chesnutt and Clay Walker have come forward and offered to help raise money to rebuild the Governor’s Mansion, which burned earlier this month when an individual ignited a object and threw it onto the porch. The mansion has been the official home of every Texas governor since it was completed in 1856.
- Deana Carter talks travel with Doug Miller in a special to msnbc.com.
- Aaron Tippin‘s mother passed away on Saturday at the age of 83. His most recent album, He Believed, was released through Cracker Barrel and was a tribute to his father who passed away about three years ago.
- Trace Adkins admits being on TV might have had a little to do with his song “You’re Gonna Miss This” going to No. 1, but he isn’t so sure that Celebrity Apprentice is soley responsible for it staying there three weeks. Either way, he says Donald Trump will take credit for it anyways.
- People.com has a an exclusive first look at the video for Jason Aldean‘s “Relentless.”
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …
- chris: That voice singing with Jim Ed is younger sister Bonnie, also a member of the Browns.