Glen Campbell Preps Final Album; Billy Ray Cyrus Takes Issue with ‘Hannah Montana'; Willie Opens New Austin City Limits Theater
- Glen Campbell has plans to release his final studio album this summer, which will be supported by a farewell tour.
- Billy Ray Cyrus is scared for Miley, and blames Hannah Montana for destroying his family.
- Whitney Duncan released a four-song EP last week titled Young In America. (iTunes)
- Willie Nelson formally christened the new Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theater on Sunday:
What followed the delayed “Whiskey River” opener was an hour and a half whirlwind of nearly every great song Willie has written or borrowed from the likes of Hank, Ray, Billy Joe, Waylon and Kris. He turned furious on Trigger at times, strumming harder than players a third his age and proving once again that it’s not just his voice that matters.
- The new Brad Paisley album, This Is Country Music, is scheduled for release May 24.
- The Band Perry reached gold status for its self-titled debut.
- Ninebullets.net is spotlighting an album from Adam Lee & The Dead Horse Sound Company titled When the Spirits Move Me.
- Willie Nelson, Norah Jones and Wynton Marsalis joined up for a couple of concerts in 2009 and paid tribute to the music of Ray Charles. On March 29, a selection of recordings from those performances will be released as an album titled Here We Go Again: Celebrating the Genius of Ray Charles.
- On March 7, Kenny Rogers will release a new gospel record, The Love of God, through Cracker Barrel, making him the first artist to release a second album with the restaurant.
- Here’s a new video from Trampled By Turtles for their song “Victory.”
- Paul W Dennis: Tom T & Dixie Hall are good people and I wish them all the best through this difficult time
- Paul W Dennis: Actually , it is not. We have so thoroughly debased our language that it is no longer possible to praise …
- Leeann Ward: Sheesh, Paul, that's a random/strange dig!
- Jack Williams: After reading that New Yorker article, I canceled my pre-order of the Basement Tapes box set. I love Bob …
- Leeann Ward: Wow! How terrible for Dixie Hall and Tom.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Another twisted collection of songs to put into the Friday Five Hall of Fame, Juli.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …