Glen Campbell Preps Final Album; Billy Ray Cyrus Takes Issue with ‘Hannah Montana’; Willie Opens New Austin City Limits Theater
- Glen Campbell has plans to release his final studio album this summer, which will be supported by a farewell tour.
- Billy Ray Cyrus is scared for Miley, and blames Hannah Montana for destroying his family.
- Whitney Duncan released a four-song EP last week titled Young In America. (iTunes)
- Willie Nelson formally christened the new Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theater on Sunday:
What followed the delayed “Whiskey River” opener was an hour and a half whirlwind of nearly every great song Willie has written or borrowed from the likes of Hank, Ray, Billy Joe, Waylon and Kris. He turned furious on Trigger at times, strumming harder than players a third his age and proving once again that it’s not just his voice that matters.
- The new Brad Paisley album, This Is Country Music, is scheduled for release May 24.
- The Band Perry reached gold status for its self-titled debut.
- Ninebullets.net is spotlighting an album from Adam Lee & The Dead Horse Sound Company titled When the Spirits Move Me.
- Willie Nelson, Norah Jones and Wynton Marsalis joined up for a couple of concerts in 2009 and paid tribute to the music of Ray Charles. On March 29, a selection of recordings from those performances will be released as an album titled Here We Go Again: Celebrating the Genius of Ray Charles.
- On March 7, Kenny Rogers will release a new gospel record, The Love of God, through Cracker Barrel, making him the first artist to release a second album with the restaurant.
- Here’s a new video from Trampled By Turtles for their song “Victory.”
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."
- Jack Williams: Lynch Blues - Corey Harris Countrycide (The Ballad of Ed and Charlie Brown) - Alvin Youngblood Hart Divine Object of Hatred - …
- TexasVet: Marty Robbins - The Hanging Tree https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xczpRc6_yBA
- Janice Brooks: Nice lineup I think I read today was the Emmett Till incident.