Giveaway: Ronnie Milsap — Summer Number Seventeen
From our pals at Legacy Recordings: “Ronnie Milsap, six-time Grammy-winning icon, releases Summer Number Seventeen on Tuesday (March 18) – a homage to the various styles of music that shaped his singularly bluesy take on modern country, the 12 song collection is defined by his instinctive keyboard playing and soulful vocals. Pick up Summer Number Seventeen Tuesday.”
They’ve sent over five copies of Milsap’s new CD to give to some lucky E145 readers. If you haven’t heard of this project, here’s an interview we did with Ronnie a few weeks ago; the post also includes one of the tracks from the new record, Milsap’s cover of Hank Williams’ “I Can’t Help It (If I’m Still in Love with You).”
Here’s how to enter our contest: first, go like us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter if you haven’t (and if you already have, let us know). Then leave a comment on this post mentioning your favorite Ronnie Milsap song before Monday, March 17 at 10 a.m. Eastern. Winners will be chosen via random number generator and notified by email, so be sure to use a valid address. One entry per IP address, please.
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."
- Jack Williams: Lynch Blues - Corey Harris Countrycide (The Ballad of Ed and Charlie Brown) - Alvin Youngblood Hart Divine Object of Hatred - …
- TexasVet: Marty Robbins - The Hanging Tree https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xczpRc6_yBA
- Janice Brooks: Nice lineup I think I read today was the Emmett Till incident.
- Juli Thanki: For $2,000, I'd want to ride a unicorn in Central Park with Chely.
- luckyoldsun: Leann- I've biked a lot of laps around Central Park over the years. If I thought it would get me to …